Campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-20 08:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I get pretty unlucky with Unions, and I'm not speaking of lots. Having to grab tags first inside tons of lag is bad enough, but add mob AOE, aggro, and ***, and it's a surprise I ever go to the past for anything other than Pink Birds!

In most cases, even trying to get an RR item is deadly.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-20 08:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me if you thought about this already, but don't you think that, if you aren't even getting Unions, you might as well just get an evaluation as soon as you stop seeing mobs, and move on to the next one? There's no point standing around.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 08:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
I'm guilty of "Leeching" from time to time. Not everyone can solo every mob, after all. Hell, there are times I'll just follow someone and beat on their mob cause they drag it away from everyone. 2 is much better than 12, that's for sure. In my defense, I do enfeeble and such to make things run smoother... Maybe Stun/Paralyze/Slow are bad to use on Campaign mobs? <.<
Now don't get me wrong, if the person actually helps I personally don't mind. And if you can't solo then leeching is fine, via NPCs or someone that already has a mob. I'm semi ranting on that cause it really annoys me when I see a RDM/NIN in endgame gear wacking a mob I pulled when there is 5+ on the fort. If I spy someone thats like 65 or lower and they wanna wack the mob I pulled, they can have at it.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
It should just stop being a solo event and more group oriented. This is a war after all, there shouldn't be instances of people soloing but instead working together!
War or not it's a dog eat dog battle. If you can solo and pull a mob you'r probably going to do it. I do it during JP times on my server as the mobs that make it to the fort are usually dead in 10 minutes, that gives me 10 minutes of straight fighting instead of jumping around.

Sure increasing the mob count may do that, then SE would probably increase the NPC count to counter that (not all servers are the same, keep that in mind) which would lag out the battles and probably render PS2 users out of it, very possible 360 users will to. Given that there is still plenty of people using both of those consoles it's not a wise choice on SE's part to do that. Hell I guess PS2 users still can't do Besieged. Which if you can't guess is what they are hopefully trying to prevent.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 08:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

not just mob count, actual HP of the mob. If the mobs all have around 60k HP... think of how much hp that is. We will all get a ton of points if mobs have that much HP, and lets be real they die really quick. Implement some system for people who try to solo mobs 50 years away and you have a fix right there. Just give them more HP. More HP = more hits = mor exp, more dmg taken = more cures = more xp
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-20 08:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed a trend on Gilgamesh for players to wait a long way away from the fort and intercept the mobs before they get anywhere near. It sucks if you arrive, get tags and are standing waiting for the mobs, only to get the "The Divine Sentinels (or whoever) have retreated from the frontlines of battle" message when you haven't hit a damned thing!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-06-20 08:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
Siren.Enternius said:
Forgive me if you thought about this already, but don't you think that, if you aren't even getting Unions, you might as well just get an evaluation as soon as you stop seeing mobs, and move on to the next one? There's no point standing around.

Answer is yes & no to that cus campaign has a xp/min cap sometimes if you done a lot of actions ie healing, take dmg do dmg. u could of accumulated more xp. just cus mobs gone don't mean you still not accumulated enough xp already & still earning it.

for instant smn cus you get pet dmg your dmg. all dmg taken & if using carby or levvy healing aoe bonus xp. you could possibly work for 5 mins & accumulated enough xp to sit out next 5 mins & still earn the max xp/min that your campaign medal/job level allows you to get.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-20 08:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
not just mob count, actual HP of the mob. If the mobs all have around 60k HP... think of how much hp that is. We will all get a ton of points if mobs have that much HP, and lets be real they die really quick. Implement some system for people who try to solo mobs 50 years away and you have a fix right there. Just give them more HP. More HP = more hits = mor exp, more dmg taken = more cures = more xp
60k HP isn't that much more than they already have, actually.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 08:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
I've noticed a trend on Gilgamesh for players to wait a long way away from the fort and intercept the mobs before they get anywhere near. It sucks if you arrive, get tags and are standing waiting for the mobs, only to get the "The Divine Sentinels (or whoever) have retreated from the frontlines of battle" message when you haven't hit a damned thing!

Yep that happens a lot to me too.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 08:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Well I don't know their exact HP amount but I am sure you get the msg. A lot more than what they currently have.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-06-20 08:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:

Yes shay, is a big problem on giglamesh best to stay to the higher zones where local mobs aggro players stops them doing stuff like that. but hope s/e consider changing campaign so if people move too far from op they get a warning & if they don't come back lose tags only way i can see this problem being addressed.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-20 08:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I try going where people usually don't go. Crawler's Nest, Garlaige Citadel, Pashhow Marshlands, and the beastmen strongholds. I have noticed this as well, Draylo. It's the reason I'm still a Dawnlight Medal.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 08:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, actually in campaign right now while doing this.
Siren.Enternius said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
This cause it's basicly true.

Only the weaker mobs (BRDs for example) Have less, but say for Quadav PLDs then yeah, they have what, 40-50k hitpoints?

The hitpoints are pretty much balanced as need be. There is no real fix to this other than maybe opening new zones, and even then once again we have limiations to deal with.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 08:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What does balance have to do with their HP. Just give them a huge amount, I am sure they have the ability to do so.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-20 08:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Funsam said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Yes shay, is a big problem on giglamesh best to stay to the higher zones where local mobs aggro players stops them doing stuff like that. but hope s/e consider changing campaign so if people move too far from op they get a warning & if they don't come back lose tags only way i can see this problem being addressed.

In Karugo Narugo this morning and people were waiting outside the Phosphorous Ward and killing the mobs whilst being aggroed by Rafflesia. They just carried on though. I only found out they were all out there because I was waiting so long at the fort I started to wonder where the mobs were and went searching. lol.

I did a /sea of the area and there were 63 players in the zone... in fact all CBs have been that busy today so I just logged out.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 08:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
What does balance have to do with their HP. Just give them a huge amount, I am sure they have the ability to do so.
If you change one mobs HP you have to change them all, mobs, NPCs, forts, all of it.

I also noticed it being busy today. Some JPs are fighting away from the forts today, a fairly rare sight in Fenrir from my experiance.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 08:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
If you change one mobs HP you have to change them all, mobs, NPCs, forts, all of it.

Yes that is what I am referring to. Everything.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 08:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The npc's arent really a issue cause you can pull the mobs just a little out of their range, not far enough where nobody will see you. Also make it so that forts give more xp as well, sometimes I go into fights its just forts there (beastmen strongholds).... If all mobs have a TON more hp, would be like I said, more xp.

Also...

GOODBYE campaign >_>
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-20 08:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
The npc's arent really a issue cause you can pull the mobs just a little out of their range, not far enough where nobody will see you. Also make it so that forts give more xp as well, sometimes I go into fights its just forts there (beastmen strongholds).... If all mobs have a TON more hp, would be like I said, more xp. Also... GOODBYE campaign >_>

Grats ^^
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 08:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yes that is what I am referring to. Everything.
Best answer, time, money, laziness. SE doesn't want to nor do they have to.

Also I'm betting longer campaign battles means more people joining which means zones getting over crowded and they'll probably still die fast, but also once more to the lag / people unable to play in said zone due to overloading of the zone.

Look at your picture, R2500 something. That would kill my 360. Thats the kind of R I get in Besieged and I can barely keep connected during those.

You make what I just said happen you'd see R5000's and god knows what would happen then.
By Failcard 2010-06-20 08:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's almost conquest time so people are out tryin to get ahold of zones.

I think some NPC's are too strong also. They are too strong in some cases and the numbers that come out there to help fight with all of the other people just makes it too damn hard sometimes for a battle to go more that 5-10 minutes. Which really sucks.

SE needs to make some changes to this or it will be hard to come up with the notes to get any of the gear from there when people hit 99.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-06-20 08:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
The npc's arent really a issue cause you can pull the mobs just a little out of their range, not far enough where nobody will see you. Also make it so that forts give more xp as well, sometimes I go into fights its just forts there (beastmen strongholds).... If all mobs have a TON more hp, would be like I said, more xp.

Also...

GOODBYE campaign >_>
you do realise you gotta do campaign to keep that medal lmao ><
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
Server: Bismarck
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-20 08:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

OMFG 220 exp. Diabolical!
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 08:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
OMFG 220 exp. Diabolical!
Thats randomish, I'm assuming thats what you got just now? ._.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-20 08:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly yes. :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Failcard 2010-06-20 08:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like to me his name is bloodbeat.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 08:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
=/ lame. Going off your currently selected job that makes sense though. Exp caps in place for those below 61 ><;

lol on a side note wasn't paying attention and joined an attack mission and ran to the fort only to realize tags were forgotten...
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-20 08:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
=/ lame. Going off your currently selected job that makes sense though. Exp caps in place for those below 61 ><;

Below 61? That isn't me... 68 DRG... Unless you meant 71 lol
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
holy crap bloodbead you still play? Are you the same seraph.bloodbead that I camped VE once with? I was thf/rng and when I slug shotted you ran off to get th2 > < we had some lols that day

if not, disregard rambling lol

Yeah it's me. Not seen you around in a while. You ok?
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 08:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Bismarck.Bloodbeat said:
Below 61? That isn't me... 68 DRG... Unless you meant 71 lol

Ah sorry, no I was going off what was currently being displayed, poor word choice I guess (was 45 RNG)

61 is the offical cap, that and beyond you get 100%

You don't average 200 do you by chance ._.?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.