BRD Help ._.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » BRD Help ._.
BRD Help ._.
 Fenrir.Rrylia
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Devinry
By Fenrir.Rrylia 2009-01-01 13:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you don't have the HP conversion gear set to hit yellow HP, its kinda useless too :)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-01 13:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Scid said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=49731
Thats what I personally would aim for.
But, also after a point, you need to realize that you will miss sleeps, and want some damage mitigation setup:
Terra/Genbu's Kabuto/Jelly Ring/Kirin's Osode = 25% + 25 VIT

Out of that list, I have,

Jester's Cape +1, Wind Torque, Gleeman's Belt and Nereid Rings. I'm slowly working on getting the rest. Setting up a Nyzul group (I actually got asked if I'd join then I was told I had to lead it... joy oh joy ._.) so I'll hopefully get hold of Goliard Clogs soon'ish. I'll burn through some Periqia assaults beforehand though to try and get my Gomlek (I've been really lazy with that ><;).

I had a merit pt on Mamool earlier today, had about 60-75% lullaby rate on IT mamool. 100% on Skoffin, 100% on Sea puk (if I couldn't lullaby a T puk I'd hang up my Pigaches.. >.>), not sure if it was the gear or just because of different mobs that I had a better success rate, maybe a mix of the pair.

Question: The next best option to AF2 Hat is Demon Helm?

My "new" macro for lullaby uses these pieces:

(I just stole my lullaby macro and took out all the windower parts >.>)

Main "Light Staff"
Range "Iron Ram Horn"
Sub "Light Grip"
Ear1 "Melody Earring"
Ear2 "Melody Earring"
Waist "Gleeman's Belt"
Back "Jester's Cape +1"
Head "Opo-opo crown"
Hands "Choral Cuffs"
Body "Errant Hpl."
Legs "Errant Slops"
Neck "Wind Torque"
Feet "Oracle's Pigaches"
Ring1 "Nereid Ring"
Ring2 "Nereid Ring"

Personally I'd like to change these,

Main "Apollo Staff"
Ear1 "Singing Earring"
Ear2 "Musical Earring"

I have Dance Shoes I can macro in for extra CHR+, but it's only +3 over +5 wind skill. I'm considering trying to get hold of 1-2 Light Ring's aswell after I've finished any "major" upgrades I need any thoughts on those? CHR+5 on each and a lot cheaper than heaven rings =P (Like half price on my server >.>)
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-01-01 13:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Question: The next best option to AF2 Hat is Demon Helm?

That's a nice option. If you're already doing Nyzul though, the Goliard Head isn't a bad piece either.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-01-01 14:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I was considering mentioning AF+1 pants but since I don't have mine yet, and Brd confuses the ***out of me with the CHR vs skill debate I stayed quiet. AF2 pants look nice for /whm and AF+1 for /nin to me though. The AF+1 gloves are godly though to my eyes. I should probably use the demon helm in place of turban, but meh.. I look goofy enough w/o it >.> lol
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-01 14:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rrylia said:
Also, if you don't have the HP conversion gear set to hit yellow HP, its kinda useless too :)

I'm sure 5/5 A abj can manage a latent as bard if not i got plenty of other -hp gears to swap too :P
 Pandemonium.Medea
Server: Pandemonium
user: Medea
By Pandemonium.Medea 2009-01-01 15:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally get resisted on lullaby (as of Greater Colibris) about 10% of times. and even that % is not more than once. I can easily tank it for the time foe is up again.

Heres my gears

Bard's Roundlet
Kirin's Osode
Choral cuffs +1
Bard's Cannions
Goliard clogs
Star Necklace
Musical earring
Loquacious earring
Trumpet ring
Minstrel ring
gleeman's belt
Jester's cape+1
light grip
light staff

70+54 CHR for a total 124

Elvaan female
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
Server: Ramuh
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2009-01-01 15:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... brd is my lazy job.. and i already told u i stripped it. so heres my set up

head: empty because im too lazy to get pamamas for opo
errant houppelard
bard cuffs [im too lazy to get AF1s and i got them for free in dynamis]
sha'ir pants
wind torque [i guess i could have stripped this]
musical earring
loq earring
nereidx2 [cheap cheap CHEAP]
corsette+1
jester cape+1
apollo staff

merits:
8/8 singing
8/8 wind
5/5 lulaby
1 troub
1 nightingale

and i almost never get resisted either... so its definitely possible to spend MINIMAL gil [i say apollo and wind torque is worth it, but i could prolly try without them too] and still be be able to land. brd isnt like other jobs where having the BEST gear increases damage.. its either u land or u dont. i wudnt get too upset over resisting here and there.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-11 17:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna toss up a huge thanks to everyone who helped me out with this!

I had my first merit pt on brd in a while couple days ago (work ftl ._.) and with a few modifications to my macro based on what you all recommended I managed to get me 50-60% resist rate drop to < 10%! Maybe even < 5%, I was shocked, to say the least =P

So yeah, Thanks guys! You're all awesome >.>

(Note for anyone who cares, my new gear consists of the following):

Main "Light Staff"
Range "Iron Ram Horn"
Sub "Light Grip"
Ear1 "Melody Earring"
Ear2 "Melody Earring"
Waist "Gleeman's Belt"
Back "Jester's Cape +1"
Head "Demon Helm"
Body "Errant Hpl."
Legs "Errant Slops"
Neck "Wind Torque"
Feet "Oracle's Pigaches"
Ring1 "Nereid Ring"
Ring2 "Nereid Ring"
Hands "Choral Cuffs"

I'm going to work on refining it a bit, see if I can make use of this Mary's Horn before I sell it XD
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-01-11 17:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

awesome! good to hear, have fun :) although why are you selling your mary's horn?
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-11 22:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yah, i would say not sell mary's horn.

glad some suggestions helped, the demon helm i suggested, i was suprised no body else did honestly, for a brd without af2 head it's a damn nice piece.

Definitely working on musical earring, omega ring, Yigit body or a manteel and appolos staff you would see even better results, at least now you got some things to strive for, bards a pretty laidback job gear wise though honestly, AH gears won't make or break a bard in merit groups, and people would invite you either way.

lol
 Midgardsormr.Thris
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Thris
By Midgardsormr.Thris 2009-01-12 10:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't sleep birds anymore, I just let it attack once or twice before the melees get on it. The reflected sleep can be a hassle in some cases.
 Gilgamesh.Raulin
Server: Gilgamesh
user: raulin
By Gilgamesh.Raulin 2009-01-12 11:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

in my opinion the real trouble of the bard resist is the magic skill of the bard cose sing wind and string is C (225 cap at 75) instead the others mages, so they got a+ or a- or B+ etc( like 256-276 cap at 75)
the better option plus the better gear that you can afford is meriting if you can or wish, for job priority, or get the same problem like me: merited for rdm and blm 8 merit in enfeebling and elemental and run out of merit skills for bard :( if you get a resist dont cry, be happy if bard songs was a- skill surely any spell was resisted :)
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-01-12 12:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thris said:
I don't sleep birds anymore, I just let it attack once or twice before the melees get on it. The reflected sleep can be a hassle in some cases.

This actually works great sometimes. If your late on the next pull (ie; current mob will be almost dead by the time you get back to group or wanna get a song up quicker) grab a colibri run back to camp, instead of waiting for it to come in range for lullaby start your melee buff/pianissimo-ballad and let your melee grab it on the way back.
If your timing is good and your melee are worth their weight they will hold their postion for songs and you might take 1-2 hits to shadows before they can grab its attention which you normally would take from an incoming colibri bomb before lullaby gets off.
I believe a lot of brd is about steady timing and knowing what can happen next in any given situation. master that and your full of win^^