Bard Got Shafted!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Bard got Shafted!
Bard got Shafted!
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-19 21:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it was more of a 'future vision' :(

BRD gets shafted quite often in updates tbh. I mean everything we got this update was mediocre, no new instruments (outside of relic and emp upgrades) and the only semi interesting song was Nocturne.

It disappoints me that every update the DDs get treated to cool new things to mess around with, and BRD gets the middle finger.

Oh well, I'll still play it because I enjoy playing it, but it would be nice if we had something to shake the job out of its monotony sometimes.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-19 21:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

90 -> 95 emp doesn't even get anything.
At least Ochain got a buff to its convert and vit.
Carbuncle.Flionheart said: »
and BRD gets the middle finger.
Probably why there are no bard threads.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-19 21:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
90 -> 95 emp doesn't even get anything.
At least Ochain got a buff to its convert and vit.
and BRD gets the middle finger.
Probably why there are no bard threads.

It's probably because there's a severe lack of BRDs who play it as their main job.
 Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-09-19 22:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said: »
Asura.Xenophire said:
Ragnarok.Alaron said:
Sad Panda, where's my massacre elegy?!
Considering Carnage is more potent than Slow II and will stack? Yeah, not gonna happen. xD

pleeeeaaaaaaaaassssseeeeeeee??? 0.0
IIRC SE said they were going to look into it. THey implied that it would be added to a piece of equipment though.

GOGO 99 daurdabla "Massacre Elegy"
 Cerberus.Ustav
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-09-19 22:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

gdi i rly should fking read an entire thread prior to posting OR at least look at the dates lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-19 22:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure it's actually a 50% increase in potency, rounded down.
[+]
 Asura.Avlyn
user: Avlyn
By Asura.Avlyn 2011-09-19 23:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably because there's a severe lack of BRDs who play it as their main job.

Difficult to Brd main these days. Was Brd main for years, but after Abyssea parties became norm my Brd went from regularly getting blind invites to being out of demand. Could still Brd main in Dyna... well, until Dyna changed. Now my "main job's" gear sits in storage collecting dust.

But maybe at 99 Brd will get a few toys. Besides, what we currently have isn't real end game anyway. What comes after 99 is. That content will likely be outside of Abyssea meaning atma will be out and Brd & Cor will be back in. I think we'll see a resurgence of Brd then.

We'll probably get a new Elegy, but as to how strong will probably be if is generally available as a scroll or is Relic/Empy specific.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-19 23:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I'm pretty sure it's actually a 50% increase in potency, rounded down.
5tic paeon -> 7tic
You seem to be right.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-20 06:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avlyn said: »

Difficult to Brd main these days. Was Brd main for years, but after Abyssea parties became norm my Brd went from regularly getting blind invites to being out of demand. Could still Brd main in Dyna... well, until Dyna changed. Now my "main job's" gear sits in storage collecting dust.

But maybe at 99 Brd will get a few toys. Besides, what we currently have isn't real end game anyway. What comes after 99 is. That content will likely be outside of Abyssea meaning atma will be out and Brd & Cor will be back in. I think we'll see a resurgence of Brd then.

We'll probably get a new Elegy, but as to how strong will probably be if is generally available as a scroll or is Relic/Empy specific.

I still get to play BRD regularly because my group has the essential roles covered. And once that's the case BRD is a great job to have next.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-20 07:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avlyn said: »

I still get to play BRD regularly because my group has the essential roles covered. And once that's the case BRD is a great job to have next.
Too bad you're busy doing /jobemote nin over and over on top of some cliff while thunderfang gets the brd proc :(
You know it's true!