DE Vs MS

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » DE vs MS
DE vs MS
By Nabis 2010-06-15 14:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all i have had many discusions on witch WS is better everyone i know tells me DE is better but for me i just dont see the numbers my max DE is 1.7k and my max MS is 2.1k
I have been called many names for saying MS > DE but in all honesty thats just what i see in WS numbers i would like to group up with other thief's and actually test this out.
I have tested it with thornny but he was pimped out which would most likely explain his Dmg. Hit me up my name is Nabis online aswell.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-15 14:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

MS = Mercy Stroke or Mandalic Stab?
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-06-15 14:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Monky Scrotum I believe .
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-15 14:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's highly situationally and gear based. But if you have a decent pdif and acc DE should win. Assuming you mean mercy stroke and not manstab. Your pdif or acc needs to be horribad for manstab to win
By Nabis 2010-06-15 15:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i mean Mandalic Stab
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-15 16:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

DE is good on lowdef(/level)/eva targets relative to you.

MS is good on mobs which high def(/level) because of its attack boost and also good on mobs with high eva because of its onehit nature. MS must always be combined with either SA or TA to perform well, DE must not.

Both are situational.

DE will do better in a high buff situation like a merit party but against anything evasive or high levelled, or simply where you do not have sufficient buffs - Mandalic Stab is the way to go.
[+]
By Nabis 2010-06-15 16:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh well i gues that explains it
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-06-15 22:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorny plays Thief?
Well, either way, it is indeed pretty basic to say that DE generally will dominate Mandalic. But Mandalic gets better as a mob's evasion and defense rise, as others have said. If you're fighting Jailer of Love (extremely high defense and evasion), SA/TA mandalic will definitely be the better choice.

Also, another reason that Mandalic can have higher /max damage/ than DE is because it is one hit (2 hits /nin). With DE /nin, it takes a single triple proc for DE to reach 8 hits, which is the max. DE can't proc 2 triples. Mandalic, however, /can/, for a max of 6 hits /nin. 6 hit Mandalic can pull ahead of 8 hit DE due to the hidden 1.66 attack bonus modifier.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-15 23:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see some kind of testing or prove that Manstab can proc triple attack twice. I've yet to see more than 5 hits on SB or 4 on manstab.

Also like to see where the attack mod is applied to other than the first hit
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-06-16 10:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about the attack mod being applied besides the first hit. Now that you mention it, I have no idea if it does, and I'd bet it doesn't now that I think about it (I don't use it). But, there's really no testing needed to show it can proc triple twice; it can. That is, if you sub /nin. If you sub /nin, you can double or triple proc up to two times, so long as you don't reach/exceed the cap of 8 hits per WS. All WS's follow this rule, I've gotten quite a few 6 hit mercies in my day.