Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Empyrean Weapons: Masamune
Empyrean Weapons: Masamune
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-14 14:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, thanks >_>; Was meaning to post that in the other thread but I couldn't find the bloody thing.. just stumbled upon it again while going through a lost section of my picture folders and figured I'd throw it up.

Anyhow, keeping the thread on course. I'm not really going to speculate anymore as the options are just so vast and I wouldn't be surprised if we have it already somewhere.

So to make it simple, we all called it~ (until it's confirmed and then someone has to see if someone really did call it, then + the post)
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 14:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be dat swapping it asap.

It looks like ***.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-14 14:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be something crazy hard like needing be wielding a relic weapon and get 10 killing blows on some EG Abyss mob that summons Alexander at 10% health while he summons the entire alliance and spams AE attacks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 15:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
*** saved.

Am I the only one who actually likes the way Masamune looks? ._.;
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-14 15:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Your not alone, trying to find it in the dats and swap it for a GS >_>;

Along with that bloody sword..
By Yuffy 2010-06-14 15:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the way Masamune looks, between the name and the skin there is 0 reason not to get it for me (._.)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 15:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Your not alone, trying to find it in the dats and swap it for a GS >_>;

Along with that bloody sword..
Only sword I saw that I liked was the gold Hofud :x
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-14 16:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking on that gold Hofud I wonder if that is a Empyrean Weapons also... 0.0
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-14 16:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the Masamune model....black blade with cobolt blue edge = WIN..the ONLY thing I don't like about it, is the fluke they made on the blade for parrying (or atleast I would think that was the design was like as its similiar to the rdm mythic Marguleise (think thats how its spelled) and that weapon was described by SE as having that fluke for parrying...but other than the small fluke it looks amazing...i'm gonna get one for sure
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-14 16:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I think this'll be from a ***weapon (or new weapon) from Abyssea while keeping the TOTM weapons now for another "set" of weapons.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-14 16:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Speaking on that gold Hofud I wonder if that is a Empyrean Weapons also... 0.0
Ya know... wonder if those are like pre Emp weapons?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 16:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO, wouldn't make sense looking at the two different swords. That and I'm biased because I vastly prefer the Hofud model to the Empyrean sword...
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2010-06-14 16:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think, like others have speculated, may indeed have a form of augmentation through Trial of the Magian so as not to have them out dated (since this update only ushers in the first of what seems, of 3 cap increases). But aside from that, I don't think that they have nothing to do with TotM. I mean looking at the previous Add-ons if you read the description of the armor pieces I believe at least Mirke's stated something about being involved with Aht Urgahn's mercenary group. It's SE's way of fully incorporating specific aspects of the game so that they remain constant and not just "bam here it is, no history or connection to anything else"

Again speculation, but I doubt that SE is gonna post weapons obtainable through TotM on one of their add-on specific sites which will be obtained through other means, just seems like common sense to me but again...this is SE we're talking bout.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-14 17:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre has infiltrated my server...

Galka and random NPC ruining what would be a screenshot full of the best race.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-14 17:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

lmfao and a Galka at that. You have sunk to a new low Night =p
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 17:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Galka and random NPC ruining what would be a screenshot full of the best race.
[+]
Server: Asura
By Asura.Shogunazzazzin 2010-06-14 17:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to find info/pic of this masamune weapon can someone direct me in the right direction ty.
NVM^^ found it
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-15 00:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Call me a FFVII fanboy, but I like Sephiroths Masamune better. Long as *** skinny blade, don't think FFXI has anything like that yet?

Edit: I do like the model of the new masamune, just think it should be called something else >:o
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-15 00:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, that would be FF7 fanboy-ism lol....shitty *** FF game sorry lol

Edit:Edge (from FF4 my favorite) totally had a Masamune ages before Sephiroth did lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-15 01:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you have to be a fanboy to like the sword right? Idiot.

Personally I think the XI Masamune looks like ***and I'd rather some sort of traditional katana but with colors not used in the game (for the handle). Maybe a slightly different design but still looking like a normal katana.
[+]
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-06-15 01:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Clanner scum. Enjoy my Atlas.
It'll be the last thing you see.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-15 01:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Because you have to be a fanboy to like the sword right? Idiot.

Personally I think the XI Masamune looks like ***and I'd rather some sort of traditional katana but with colors not used in the game (for the handle). Maybe a slightly different design but still looking like a normal katana.

lol omg, he said "Call me a fanboy"...so I was just joking... lol don't take life too seriously bro lol
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-16 12:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Call me a FFVII fanboy, but I like Sephiroths Masamune better. Long as *** skinny blade, don't think FFXI has anything like that yet?

Edit: I do like the model of the new masamune, just think it should be called something else >:o

Yeah and a giant *** sword essentially used for taking out cavalrymen is going to definetly gonna work out in combat...pfft.
they have sephiroth and all these main characters doing this ***because they want to make them larger than life, mathematically a bigass katana to that extent won't work :/

so try using logic mr. fanboi.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-16 12:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

masamune....stupid can opener look -.-
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-16 13:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
masamune....stupid can opener look -.-
not just any can-opener, the devil's can opener.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-08-19 00:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

my personal thoughts about the Empyrean Weapons.

(incomeing rant!)

mythic and relic weapons are ungodly. and require a TUN of time and a compleate mega-giga ***load of money... when i first saw these i was hopeing they was going to be the break for the "casual" gamer for FFXI to get a weapon that resembles each job individualy.. like AF weapons. and wasn't crap

and had my hopes up that they was going to be at least medum in dificalty to get.... NOT

its most likely going to be another series of the ultra-high end mythic/relic type weapons that agan require ALOT of time. and ... suppriseingly. dosn't cost anything! give them props to that. but then agan. time IS money. and haveing to kill 50 T3 VNMs IN abyssa that is restricted acess for only 30 min day. more/less depending on what you preveusly had stored and how many stones you ahve etc. but the point is. the time is limited. and requires an entire group to be deadicated to helping just 1 iindividual for 50 items... is going to take at least 25 hours of abyssa. assume you kill 1 T3 every 30 min and this only grants 1 person the items needed... thats ALOT of time.. now. if you have a group of 18 and each of them is working on a Empyrean Weapon. its going to take 18x longer! 450 hours!
~18.75 days constent abyssa. and if you can only do 30 min a day. thats... 900 days! whoa! and thats just for the first stage. most likely more to come.
[+]
By Kutsurabi 2010-08-25 13:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

stopped reading after you spelled "ton" wrong
[+]
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Server: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-08-25 14:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:
Lots of stuff

Holy ***, pimplechan has multiplied.

I'll ignore the blindingly incorrect part about VNMs, and just correct the part where you say there's a 30min/day time limit. I currently get 72 minutes worth of inside time per 32 real hours. This is of course not mentioning possible time extentions inside, which coupled with farming gold boxes while exping drastically raises the rate of completed pop sets as well as not costing time(if done right) and giving you that metric *** of exp.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-28 23:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You could have just linked to the guy who all ready finished the Empyrean sword and most Mythics suck making them an E-Peen toy. In all honesty I doubt SE even understands what a good weapon is for a job or for that matter how their game works, so some Emperyeans will end up being job bests while others will be beaten by easy to complete magian trials.
 Carbuncle.Battosaii
Server: Carbuncle
user: Battosaii
By Carbuncle.Battosaii 2010-09-09 07:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

just looked at the new trial they added for lv 85 version of masamune... trial 2117 objective: 50 Cirein-croin's lanterns.
probably dropped from a VNM in the new areas.

but when i saw the lv 85 version of Masamune my head esploded.

heres my own SS