Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Measure of demand
Measure of demand
 Phoenix.Sharp
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: krish
By Phoenix.Sharp 2008-12-30 12:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It would love some measure of demand for an item or a measure of how quickly an item will sell.

For example: on Phoenix there are no Liks up for sale and the last sale was 2 weeks ago. I don't know if this is because no Liks were listed in the last two weeks or tons have been listed but no one is buying them right now. If there were a lot of demand for Liks, then I could work on filling it.
Server: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-30 13:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this is a great idea, but it'd be highly contingent upon sellers not overpricing their market. Once you get a seller or two who is willing to wait an extra day or two to significantly raise the price on an item, your figures would get skewed. Though, it could potentially be programmed so that it only includes items priced within a certain threshold of the last sold or the average price?

Or, as a compromise, would it be possible to just have an extra entry that shows when the item was placed for auction? i.e. you could manually see if something was posted and bought on the same day.
 Sylph.Uchisokonau
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Uchisokonau 2008-12-30 13:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there is always the wanted section that some users use but as far as tracking how many items are up and when is probably a bit much for the scanners.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-30 16:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There is the feature that states the average sold per day "Rate: Average (1.467 sold/day)" and you could use this to a certain extent to determine if there is a shortage of supply. But as you say; this won't show if items have been listed or not recently or just unsold.

So, I would like to see something that shows items returned unsold over a period of a week (for example) though i'm pretty sure it's not possible lol

Maybe calculate that there was x item posts but only y sales which = surplus supply (or in case of the numbers being equal possible excess demand). But, you could just manipulate this by posting a item then taking it off yourself and would make it inaccurate =/

Any other ideas how to do this? [Help me out!] =D
 Phoenix.Sharp
Server: Phoenix
user: krish
By Phoenix.Sharp 2008-12-30 17:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Even something as simple as amount on the AH at various time points (6 hours ago, 12 hours ago, 1 day ago, 3 days ago, 1 week ago) would help a lot. Then I could see that people haven't put up any Liks in a while, for example. If they were put up and then bought very soon after it would be missed but at least it would be simple to implement.