Link | Quote | Reply

Why aren't you using Mercy Stroke?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-12 15:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Have TP but SA/TA isn't up? Did say unstacked after all.

At a glance you can probably afford to swap out Cuch mantle for Forager's/Cerb+1, as you're overcapped on DEX for crit rate and I'd expect the 15 attack to do more for you than 1 WSC. (edit: nvm, saw your acc number. Squid or Bream would solve that though.)
 Kujata.Penelopee
Server: Kujata
user: Penelopee
By Kujata.Penelopee 2010-06-12 15:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

the Brutal Earring is doing 99% nothing(you get 1% for the store tp+1). you would be better off putting atlest a attack+ earring there. Hollow earring would be even better.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-12 15:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying it's going to be the best piece in the slot, but how do you figured that brutal does nothing aside from the 1 stp?
[+]
 Kujata.Penelopee
Server: Kujata
user: Penelopee
By Kujata.Penelopee 2010-06-12 15:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry he said unstacked. even so there is a 5% chance that on the 1st 2 hits he may double attack. this would also mean theres a 5% chance that triple attack will not activate 10% of the time on the first 2 hits. there is also the same odds for the off hand after hit. a attack+ earring would give mroe consistent results and probably in the long run better results.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-12 15:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking you got 126 dex and you are building something specific for colibri, you could try lowering some of that dex and replace with str and acc. I'd say, for a unstacked ws, swap dragon harness for heca harness. The extra acc from heca will also make it possible to swap the cuch mantle for foragers. Doing this you will get a +3 net acc (which wil get you closer to cap with crab) and +11 str. You will, however, be 1 dex under the crit cap. Maybe you could try getting something like pixie earring? Skadi body will also fix this (and the acc) in the end too hehe.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-12 16:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

why are you not using Mercy Stroke or DE? just curious as I've typically seen DE out do Evis most of the time

edit: and for the record your gear looks pretty damn top of the line to me..
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-12 16:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Mercy is only good when stacked. With X, evis is taken as being better than DE. He is still trying things out with X and blau as sub though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-06-13 08:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're just talking ideal,
Mandau/X's or Blau
Fire Bomblet
Hecatomb Cap -> +1
Love Torque
Delta Earring -> Pixie / Hollow / Aesir
Brutal Earring -> Pixie / Hollow / Aesir
Dragon Harness -> +1 -> Antares -> Skadi
Hecatomb Mittens -> +1
Thunder Ring -> Zilant / Mars's
Rajas Ring
Cuchulain's Mantle ~ Cerb+1
Cuchulain's Belt
Hecatomb Subligar -> +1
Hecatomb Leggings -> +1

You're talking about being at the acc cap with sushi so I could see there not being so much need to upgrade to antares or hollow as there otherwise would be. For mobs other than birds, you could change Cuchy to an attack mantle as some said, but I'm the kinda guy who has a lot of sets, but just doesn't feel like having more than one evisceration set. I stick with cuch back in my evisc set because there are a lot of mobs where you'll need more than ~120 dex obviously to reach the cap. Meanwhile, for fodder stuff, you can always stick to DE since crits will mean a bit less (I rarely use X's in salvage or nyzul, for example).
I think the last time Melphina did the math on Pixie vs Brutal for a high end DE set, pixie came out slightly ahead. But IIRC it was pretty close, so either should be good.
Zilant and obviously Mars's are (currently) kinda hard to get, but they're in there for inclusion. Of course, not included would be various FoV augments etcetera (Cerb+1 with accuracy on it, anyone?).

After much trial and error I've come to prefer mithkabob over crab at birds. But that might not have been possible in a pre-cuchulain's mantle, anwig salade (10acc/3haste) world. Seems like I get better results every time.

There are plenty of reasons for him to use an unstacked WS. Could be for example that his SA is up and TA down, he's got TP, and the mob is attacking him and not coming off him any time soon, and the fight is far from over. At that point, prolly better to just cut your losses and unstack.