To Party Or Not To Party

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » To Party or Not To Party
To Party or Not To Party
By Ticary 2010-06-09 05:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a 59 BLM and ever since I hit 50 invites have been taking a vacation. Is it normal to not get invites for any kind of pt, wether it be mana burn or tp burn?

Soloing seemed like a good route to go but it is not as fun as being in a party. Any ideas?
 Siren.Miayoko
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-06-09 05:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Most BLM's do solo not trying to bring ya down but at least almost every BLM I know on Siren usually solos 50+ manaburns from what I have seen are rare.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 05:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

how about solo while you seek? :D common logic?
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 05:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

rats in subterranean i found quite fun, i could afk when i wanted and such other things.
 Ragnarok.Ticary
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ticary
By Ragnarok.Ticary 2010-06-09 05:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I should have went into more depth for those who seem to think that people are stupid enough to not seek while soloing.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 05:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh helps if i read all the question.
Can get pts on lesser colibri/puks/crawlers. Anything else dont expect much. Tbh don't expect much anyway, I got 2 pts on blm 55-68 and one was an rmt army that 4 blms on colibri would be cool......I thunderga'd the colibri and warped as it bounced on the nin and other rmt blms.
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-09 05:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed from 50-75 as much as I could, it was rare to get a manaburn invite :( But not too rare to get duo party invites, Hell I even invited a few people to duo with me from time to time. As soon as I hit 62 I went Xarcabard S with a full BLM party and a RDM puller, that carried me to 69-70 then I soloed the rest of the way to 75.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-09 05:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ticary said:
I guess I should have went into more depth for those who seem to think that people are stupid enough to not seek while soloing.

well people are stupid enough to sit down and question themselves instead of doing anything. makes you wonder if they are bright enough to think they can seek and solo all at once!

the point was, 50+ is all solo and seek if you are lucky to get a pt, BLM doesnt give you the luxury of pties you know.

:) sorry i wasnt clear enough!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-09 05:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

on that bombshell i have events in 3 hours for like 14 hours so i should gtfo.

I forgot about duo, its alot, lot better if solo makes you wanna emo after 50 hours doing it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Akastos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zephyros
By Quetzalcoatl.Akastos 2010-06-09 06:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't you start your own party? Look for a sync where you like to party, and invite the rest of the party.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-09 07:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, solo'ing BLM is easy up to Xarc_s levels. Pet exp is great as long as you have decent gear. I never had any HQ stave apart from ice, no sorc ring etc and I could still one-shot mobs up to about Lv60. If you're worried about the risk, try and get a duo going. It's much easier to ES sleepga2 when you have a partner with you. I honestly found solo'ing faster than most pt's. Sure you might not be pulling a 14k/hr lesser pt, but you're not waiting 2 hours to get an invite either.

I personally solo'd/duo'd BLM from 40-63, when I started Xarc_s. I seeked every time I solo'd and I don't remember ever getting an invite. It's just how BLM rolls.

Ninja Edit: I remember actually getting a Lv40 manaburn invite when I was about 56, the exp was worse than my solo. Grab & xp band and go kill pets^^ You'll level in no time.
 Leviathan.Revgrigor
Server: Leviathan
user: Revgrigor
By Leviathan.Revgrigor 2010-06-09 07:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I know Leviathan has a good number of mbpts in qufim so i went 20-60 there and just used besieged to skill up. Only really soloed if i ended up waiting longer then an hour for a pt. Since my rdm is only 29, ive been too busy irl, ive avoided lvling blm but i hear good things about vunkerl inlet pts.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-09 07:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to OP, solo, trust me its worth it. You can get just as good exp from parties or better chain 5ing pets.

This guide helped me, It can probably help you:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Black_Mage_Solo_Guide_by_Lion_heart
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-09 08:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Do it like me and be mainhealer 62+ >_>
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-09 08:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

A critical weak point in BLM pet solo got remedied with the introduction of Xarcabard_S. There's enough Gigas's tigers there to take a 65blm (Assuming you constantly have a sync target) to 75 in around 7 hours of straight exp.(in a Manaburn, 4-5xBLM 1xCOR) Solo, it's still great, not nearly as awesome as chain 30's though.

Solo, those tigers go from maybe 68 to 73 before the first DC's start popping to *** up chains. If you can find sync targets, I highly recommend organizing a blm party there, if done right, it's faster than an Astral burn, and much less zzzzboredom.
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2010-06-09 08:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh has it right. I've personally done ~20 merits there the past week in about 8 hours of exp. Though you are off on the tiger level, they'll never(until the update) be DC cause the lowest is 75 fyi.
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-06-10 07:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i did a lot of promy-exp runs with friends. we were a "normal" party as anyone would say this.
We did it not only because of the exp we did it so that i could learn how to magic burst properly. sure ther is no MAB with that lvl in the promys but to get to know the skillchains and the right spells to MAB on it is absolutely essential.

if i ever get a invite to a regular party i take it just to fresh up my MAB knowledge.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-10 07:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ticary! You were in my manaburn yesterday XD Ill be sure to look you up everytime i make a manaburn ^^
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-06-10 07:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just solo the damn thing to 75. Seriously you'll find that most of the camps are way better than any party you'll ever get. Between 50-64ish, you have the ability to one shot beastmen pets, gaining 200~500 xp WITHOUT an exp band while getting to chain 5. 65+ it changes to a whole new play style but it's also the endgame play style so it works out great for training yourself.
 Ragnarok.Avant
By Ragnarok.Avant 2010-06-12 00:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Ticary, i've seen you around.
 Ifrit.Preluder
Server: Ifrit
user: preluder
By Ifrit.Preluder 2010-06-12 01:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo from 59 Bibki bay > Vunkrel inlet > Xarc (s) > Mount Zhylom

Or manaburn Vunkrel > Xcar (s) any level all the way to 75 + merits

Half that is spelled wrong lol
 Valefor.Viiju
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Viiju 2010-06-12 01:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo'd and solo'd from 45ish to 75 lol....flag was up whenever i wasn't duo'ing.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-06-12 01:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been with with 75 BLM's . The invite me there for sync and for safety reasons. They told me they feel safe with a WHM around. I went there at LVL61, left there at LVL65 by days end.Basically I was there just in-case and leeched tons of XP over that day. Not bad for tossing a few cures out every now and then. I always happy to go there with BLM's.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-06-12 01:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I dinged 75 in 2006 and used to make all my ptes (tp ptes), if you just sit and wait for an invite you will wait forever ;/
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-06-12 18:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed most of my levels.... Untill i found out about Xarc S Manaburn... synced there till about 74 then went to puddings....