TranslucentArmy Endgame LS Recruiting.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » TranslucentArmy Endgame LS recruiting.
TranslucentArmy Endgame LS recruiting.
 Carbuncle.Roox
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: therioner
By Carbuncle.Roox 2010-06-06 10:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Our shell is looking for members as of now, you can either go directly to our website and check it out or check this thread which is essentially a copy/paste from the site.

http://translucent.guildportal.com

General Information:
Leaders:
Serveroz - Linkshell leader, general strategy and bank management officer
Roox - General strategy and drops officer (all question regarding drops and points go to him)
Speed - General strategy officer
Barosschelotto - General strategy officer

We’ve formed from a small group of individual who used to lowman stuff in order to get gear pieces and whatnot. We parted our ways to join different linkshells in order to increase our potential as players and to get gear from areas which we couldn’t lowman due to difficulty. Since most of those linkshells are now dead or in the process of we decided to use our experience as players who have participated in the majority of Endgame events to form our own linksell in order to cover those aspects of the game that players and members enjoy.

We don’t consider ourselves as a big linkshell, in fact we pretend to keep our lowman costum to run the shell, meaning you won’t be seeing a linkshell with 48 members which most of them don’t have a constant attendance. We would like to have up to 20-25 constant members meaning that you as an individual will have the opportunity to achieve whatever goals you set.

We currently are looking for members who have experienced and know all endgame activities up to date or players who are willing to listen and are willing to learn about these activities.

Activities:

We don’t camp HNM at all, since we consider them a time consuming activity which yields almost nothing. To compensate this we have decided to do events which net the same gear, like Einherjar for example. Our events consist of Dynamis, Limbus, Einherjar (coming soon), KS99, ZNM, SCNM, BV2, VNM, sky, and sea: all forced pop NMs. All events will start at 11:00pm CST (12:00am EST, 9:00pm PST).

Our schedule is as following:

Sunday - Limbus
Monday - Dynamis
Tuesday - Random event (ZNM, KS99, VNM, SCNM, BV2, sea, etc.)
Wednesday - Limbus
Thursday - Dynamis
Friday - Free day
Saturday - Sky

We’ve started forming in mid March and been keeping a constant influx of members, constantly removing potentially dangerous persons who constantly skip events who think they can *** about overlotting members who are steady and have a constant assistance, meaning drama in this shell will be nonexistent.

Recruitment – requirements:

We are currently looking for people with at least two 75 jobs. BLM, RDM, WHM or BRD are a must to join since we currently lack the jobs. If you don’t have these jobs you can still apply, but we will base your current jobs in order to accept you. People with the jobs listed before will almost always be accepted based on your reputation and whatnot.

If you are accepted you will be put in trial. While in this you will be able to lot gear only if primary jobs don't need it or if it goes free lot, the duration of the trial is two (2) weeks.

You are required to have access to all endgame zones, meaning sea, Dynamis – Xarcabard and sky are a must. All of us went through the painful missions and wins; we know how hard it was. However, none of us enjoy spending our time to baby others through these missions or winning Dynamis. Because of this, whether or not an applicant has sea and Dyna-Xarcabard access is often the deciding factor for the applicant. I cannot stress how important it is to them. If you are considering applying but do not have access I highly suggest you spend a couple weeks and get your missions and wins done BEFORE applying

Bank and drops:

We as a linkshell sell everything that’s not rare/ex in order to pay for Dynamis glass, Kirin and Jailers pops, and Einherjar lamps. We try to keep a minimum of one million gil (1,000,000) so we don’t run out of money in the meantime, the rest being distributed between members who have at least 75% attendance(from the total of events), meaning constant members will have the benefit of a monthly payout. All payments will be done the 1st of each month.

Normal members with 75% or above attendance will get full payment meaning the LS Bank will be distributed among the number of persons that met the attendance quota. Member ranging from 50-74% will receive a percentage of the amount full members will get, in this case we will grant them a 25%. This amount will be deducted from the total LS bank and will be again divided and distributed among them.

Example:
A total of 10,000,000 gil on LS bank, 10 members with >75% and 3 with <50%<75%

Members with over 75% will theoretically receive 1,000,000 gil each
Members with less than 75% but over 50% will receive 25% of this amount : 250,000 Gil
Total amount of members with less than 75% but over 50% is 3 : 750,000 Gil
10,000,000 - 750,000 = 9,250,000 Gil
9,250,000 / 10 = 925,000 Gil

Amount members with over 75% will receive : 925,000 gil each
Amount members with less than 75% but over 50% will receive : 250,000 Gil each

NOTE: members currently on trial will not be able to get their payout until they finish it, this is done so they don't abuse and only stay for the duration of their trial and leave.

All drops are distributed in a point-lotting system. You'll get points for attending events which will be used to exchange for items that drop in whatever we are currently at. Since we may see people abusing the system like not coming to certain events (Sky for example) and randomly pop on them to lot on items they haven't worked on, we will reserve the right to let people lot based on attendance. For Sky/Limbus/znm the items will be called before we pop the NM's in /p or /ls. For Dynamis lots will be called whenever a piece of gear drops.

We use a semi-wishlist based on jobs. We call Primary Jobs the TWO (2) jobs you use the most and consider them your primary, hence the name. Main Jobs or secondary, as people tend to call them, are those who you have at level 75 but don't use them that often or just don't consider them your primary. Whenever a piece of gear drops, priority will be given to members who set their primary jobs. If those with Primary Jobs don't call for an item, Main ones will be able to lot on it only if you have a job capable of wearing certain gear up to level 75 (not 74 with 1 exp TNL to 75) and points will be deducted from your total.
If you dont have under 75% attendence You wont be able to lot your primary jobs, which mean if you have less than 75% you just can lot your primary job gear as if it were a secondary job.

Points will be used to bid on gear, we will call the drops prior to any forced-pop event like Limbus, Sky, Sea, Einherjar and you will tell in /ls chat how many points youre willing to spend for the gear; we manage drops as a real life auction house, meaning we will call gear and you'll bid how many points you want against any person interested in the item, there's no limit in points spent. Depending on the number of people interested, the highest bid will get to lot the item and the total points used will be deducted from your total. Sky and Dynamis drops will have a specific minimum amount of points to lot certain gear which is popular or demanded (I.E. Byakko's Haidate, Duelist's Chapeau) Roox is in charge of everything related to drops.

The amout of points earned after each event are as follow:
Limbus(farm): 2 points
Limbus(Omega, Ultima): 5 points
Dynamis: 5 points (Note: if you exit before we finish you will get points depending on how early you leave)
Sky/ZNM: 1 point/hour and 1 point/god, which mean if we just kill one god and it take us one hour you will get 2 points.

If we call an item that no one is interested in, it will go free lot and you will be able to lot it whether you can wear it or not, points in this case will not be consumed.

During ZNMs, the person popping will be able to lock one item before he pops the NM, the LS will be able to bid the rest of the items. Example: Roox has Iriz Ima pop item, so he will be able to lock one item before the actual pop, he locks Avocat Pigaches so the rest of the ls will be able to bid Ferrara. People poping will keep the trophy the defeated mob drops.

Soloing pop items: If you get Sky or sea pops for the LS you will be able to exchange them for points.

Sky pop items: Despot, faust, zipacna: 2 points
SC: 3 points
Water's and diorites: 5 points
Kirin pop item set: 4 points for the 4 pieces.

Sea pop items: Ix'drg 8 points
The rest 5 points.

Active/Inactive:

In order to stay as an active member of our linkshell, you must have at least 35% assistance. If you don't meet this quota, you will be put on the inactive list. While on the inactive list, you would not be able to lot any items you really want except for free lot items. In order to become an active member again, you must attend 5 consecutive events. If you still aren’t showing to the events we will be forced to kick you out of the shell in order to recruit people who really are interested in the shell.

Thank you for taking the time to read this I hope it clears up all questions and concerns you might have as a potential applicant. Good luck and I hope to see you in the future.
 Carbuncle.Ramira
user: testement
By Carbuncle.Ramira 2010-06-06 11:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There we go again I would have joined you fast as hell but you require things I do not have. Really should consider helping people with missions to get members cause if that was the case i would have joined cause mainly all I am missing is sea. Anyway good luck to ya getting members i wasnt trying to come off harsh but its what i want from a ls I guess /sigh
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-06 11:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

CoP is not hard at all to get completed nowadays, unless you're really that limited on play time, in which case you probably don't have time to be joining an end game shell that runs on a daily (okay, aside from the one off-day) basis in the first place.

Really, what you expect out of linkshells, they also expect out of their members. I'm sure you've heard "treat another as you would like to be treated". Same philosophy, different practice. If you can't be f**ked to get sea access, then the linkshell won't be f**ked to put time and effort in for a single person if they don't put in time and effort for their linkshell. (Bleh, this is like word salad on this last sentence, but you get the idea.)

In your defense though, CoP can just be a real b*tch for some, and luckily sometime this month the caps on the areas/battlefield fights will be abolished, so you can easily get sea access and join within the month if you really want.

However, my real reason for posting: I can vouch for this shell, my stay in it, albeit somewhat short, was a pleasant experience and I made a few new friends in my time with them. They knew how to get ***done in an organized and well thought out fashion. They know their ***, and it's got a nice friendly family feel to it, which is what most look for in this game nowadays anyway unless you just want to be straight out elite. (which, to be honest, I'm tired of). I would still be with them, however the times got a bit late for me. ; ;

tl;dr version: Join this shell, all of you reading, if you want a decent LS to get some gear and have fun in!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-06 12:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ramira said:
There we go again I would have joined you fast as hell but you require things I do not have. Really should consider helping people with missions to get members cause if that was the case i would have joined cause mainly all I am missing is sea. Anyway good luck to ya getting members i wasnt trying to come off harsh but its what i want from a ls I guess /sigh

You can't expect an end game shell to help you with missions to gain sea/sky etc.

Do it on your own time.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ramira
user: testement
By Carbuncle.Ramira 2010-06-06 12:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

all i meant was its annoying thats pretty much it didnt mean anything bad by it
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-06 12:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ramira said:
all i meant was its annoying thats pretty much it didnt mean anything bad by it

It's all good, cap abolishment happens in this month's major update, so if you really want to join their shell then sea access is not a reason not to. Let's leave it at that before this gets /derailed, lol.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-06 12:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Some say you never actually see TA doing end game, you might say they're almost invisible. Translucent might be a better term, har har.
 Carbuncle.Roox
user: therioner
By Carbuncle.Roox 2010-06-06 13:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your CoP missions, I can be flexible on that point, though I'd check your app more in detail.
Word to what Virt said, can't really say much but we do in fact do stuff and accomplish it having fun at the same time. There's no elite stuff as you would call it but we get the job done, fast and correctly.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Xandor
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-09-04 16:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Roox said:

Leaders:
Serveroz - Linkshell leader, general strategy and bank management officer
Roox - General strategy and drops officer (all question regarding drops and points go to him)
Speed - General strategy officer
Barosschelotto - General strategy officer

Does this means that 99% of all info in ls will be in spanish onry?