Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » BLM Augment Question
BLM Augment Question
 Fairy.Quadboy
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Quadboy
By Fairy.Quadboy 2010-06-06 01:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just curious for those whom have augmented their weskit. I augmented a few weskits in sky and was able to get INT+2. After seeing some screenshots I saw that you can get up to INT+6.

Now, I do these augments in sky. However, every place and screenshot I have seen was with regards to Cape Terrigan. My Question is this: is it possible to get INT+5/6 in sky? Wiki does not seem to say. Is it proven that the augments are different depending upon location?

I ask this because I can easily solo the Eraser NM in sky (I have not tried the NM in CT). I want to know more before I continue on doing this.

Any info is appreciated.
 Fenrir.Nephthyz
Server: Fenrir
user: Sephera
By Fenrir.Nephthyz 2010-06-06 01:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ive gotten int +1-4 so far, the one i am using has int +3 mp +31 on it, but im still trying for the +6 one
[+]
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2010-06-06 01:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally got my weskit with INT+5 in sky, unfortunately I don't know the day/moon or anything else to go with it.
 Fairy.Quadboy
By Fairy.Quadboy 2010-06-06 14:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Prinnysmash said:
I personally got my weskit with INT 5 in sky, unfortunately I don't know the day/moon or anything else to go with it.

Was it the INT+5 only or was it the INT+5 and two STATS-3? Just curious :<

If its just INT+5, then it sounds like that theres no real difference between sky and cape terrigan. I didnt see the standalone INT+5 for sky on wiki, hence my original question.

Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2010-06-06 14:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Straight INT+5, I'd screenshot but I'm stuck in the dark ages of ps2 and too lazy to install the game on my PC lol.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-08 19:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Ice Resist+21 on a Weskit from the eraser NM lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-08 19:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The only reason people think one location or the other is better for melee/mage augments is that the first Weskit with INT+6 was from VoS and everyone followed suit, similar story for melee augments in Sky. Thus we see more coming from one or the other, making it look like a given location favors certain types of augments when in reality it's just sampling bias.

Use whichever location is more convenient for you.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-08 19:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I don't have Sky warp I do Vos. But yeah that turtle can have some damn annoying traits. Making it prtty much impossible to solo sometimes.

As far as timing and patterns after doing a few at the exact same game time of day, day of week, moonphase both starting killing and opening of the box pretty sure that has little if nothing to do with what you get
 Fairy.Quadboy
By Fairy.Quadboy 2010-06-10 20:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The only reason people think one location or the other is better for melee/mage augments is that the first Weskit with INT 6 was from VoS and everyone followed suit, similar story for melee augments in Sky. Thus we see more coming from one or the other, making it look like a given location favors certain types of augments when in reality it's just sampling bias.

Use whichever location is more convenient for you.

Actually, the only reason why i posted was because i saw the data for both the valley of sorrows and in sky and the augments were pretty different. from what everyone is saying it seems like location has no effect, which means i can solo for my INT+6 :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-10 20:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't see why location would matter for soloing both are pretty easy most the time
 Asura.Tyroch
Server: Asura
user: Tyroch
By Asura.Tyroch 2010-06-10 20:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I do sky exclusively for augments because it is easier. I got my INT +5 Weskit there and started augmenting other items. Just keep trying until you get it, or SE release some other easy to get armor that is better.
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-06-10 20:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant get int + on my wisket i did get magic atk bonus+4 on it from valley
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-10 21:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Your weskit is MAB+10??? (Just making sure I read correctly lol). Holy ***that's nice XD. In terms of dmg, that's better than morggy if you're nuking above 2k.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-10 21:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Optimis said:
i cant get int on my wisket i did get magic atk bonus 4 on it from valley
*coughbs* Crit hit or macc maybe
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 21:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Optimis said:
*coughbs*

Seconded.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-10 22:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Quadboy said:
Actually, the only reason why i posted was because i saw the data for both the valley of sorrows and in sky and the augments were pretty different. from what everyone is saying it seems like location has no effect, which means i can solo for my INT 6 :)
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sampling bias

It's like people don't even read my posts :(

EDIT: If you want to be technical about it that's actually an example of reporting bias, but still.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-10 23:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fairy.Quadboy said:
Actually, the only reason why i posted was because i saw the data for both the valley of sorrows and in sky and the augments were pretty different. from what everyone is saying it seems like location has no effect, which means i can solo for my INT 6 :)
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sampling bias

It's like people don't even read my posts :(

EDIT: If you want to be technical about it that's actually an example of reporting bias, but still.

People don't read your *** *** posts because they're not ever *** helpful or true whatsoever!

Sarcasm Meter: ████████████████] 99%
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-11 00:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Your weskit is MAB 10??? (Just making sure I read correctly lol). Holy ***that's nice XD. In terms of dmg, that's better than morggy if you're nuking above 2k.

Damn Screw the morigans then... LOL Thats really nice.. If i had that over INT, you could still get th best INT on AH gear.. and use that, Your good as gold!
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-06-11 00:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Optimis said:
lmao >.< wrote that done way wrong i ment i got mab +4 on a fudo in valley and been trying on wisket
 Asura.Braego
Server: Asura
user: Braego
By Asura.Braego 2010-06-11 08:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried the one I have, and find to to be funny.

Resist Virus +1

I call it the STD armor :D
By Marrs 2010-07-04 05:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Optimis said:

I agree, bs. In almost every piece of gear ever augmented, youll notice whatever statistic that piece of gear is owned by it never gets in an augment. For example you wont find forager's with str or attack. And you won't find weskit with mab. Why do people lie about such untrivial things? Would you get rock hard on the idea that everyone was psyched on you for something you never had? Seriously, what is it?
By Marrs 2010-07-04 05:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And i just read your following post, so now that ones pointless, is there a way to delete post? or at least edit them? im not seeing an edit button, but then again its also saying im not online...when i am...this site works so screwed up on my comp.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-04 05:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Takes about 3 mins to be updated sometimes.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-04 05:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't edit unless you are posting on a registered account