Suspicious RMT group level
 Fenrir.Sakurakun
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Sakurakun
By Fenrir.Sakurakun 2008-12-25 09:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashini, Athuna, Buzhonko, Cricaud, Rowlan, Bloodsyk

Suspicious RMT group leveling at level sync 66. All from Sandoria, all rank 5, all carrying lvl 10 gear or bellow with exception of the tank.

be on the look out! They've been reported to STF!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-12-25 12:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW... RMT stooping to a new low..

They're actualyl playing the game to get ready to do what damage they can.

I wish they would just quit altogether. PPl need to boycott those websites...

THEY NEED TO FALL!!!
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-25 13:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
WOW... RMT stooping to a new low..

They're actualyl playing the game to get ready to do what damage they can.

I wish they would just quit altogether. PPl need to boycott those websites...

THEY NEED TO FALL!!!

There have always been RMT leveling and even doing some types of endgame. RMT have never been limited to using fishing/farming bots. They will never leave because there is always going to be people that want to get everything without working for it.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-12-25 15:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You used to be able to tell which nation the current wave of RMT were allied to by just looking at the conquest ranking each week.

Kids these days are lucky, it used to be sky had 2-3 RMT shells alongside the 1 or 2 legitimate shells at all times.

By the way, I was told by a GM that posting RMT names on the internet is counterproductive and you should simply contact the STF instead.

By the way did anyone see the most recent STF report? The RMT-PWNER V1.337 has the best name evar!
 Ragnarok.Gaid
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gaid
By Ragnarok.Gaid 2008-12-25 21:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see the problem with them playing legitimately. ~_~
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2008-12-26 00:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaid said:

I see a problem for being RMT....

Besides, level 10 gear except tank? And you don't see a problem with that? Even if they aren't RMT, they need to get the ***slapped out of them baddly.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2008-12-26 02:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaid said:

[Dec 26th] RMT starts game.
[Dec 27th] RMT gains Support Job!
[Dec 28th] RMT gets Warrior to LV.37.
[Dec 29th] RMT unlocks Ninja.
[Jan 31st] RMT achieves NIN75.
[Feb 1st] RMT begins monopolising HNM with THF and RDM RMT friends.
[Feb 2nd] FFXI complains about the new RMT.

(Before anyone says this isn't possible to get NIN 1-75 in a month, it's easily possible assuming you have money to buy everything you need: Utsu: Ichi & Ni, Monomi, Tonko, Tools, Weapons, Armour. Total cost for a very basic build without gear swaps: < 5mil)

RMT level to monopolise NM's. They can't kill Cassie as Lv.1 WAR, Lv.1 THF and Lv.1 RDM, bump them up to 75 and it's a moderately easy trio for them.

This then allows RMT to monopolise several 'Lesser-HNM' along with farm easier in their spare time. Now with Fields of Valor and Level Sync, RMT can easily get 1~75 in a matter of days with a PL.

Personally, I was racking up 18k/hr in a 4-man LS PT at Lv.20-21 without a PL. Add a PL into that, a tank and another DD (My setup was: COR DNC PUP MNK) and you can easily score 15-20k/hr without band. At Lv.20 you need about 5k exp to ding once. Get a new member to sync to every time you hit ~23-24 and you'll hit 75 in near no time. Maybe at 70+ moving to AU areas for slightly better exp/hr.

Then you have to worry about RMT doing things like, COP/ZM to get to Sea/Sky (not sure why they'd do sea, but I've heard some do.. figured I'd include it for kicks >.>). Sky is bad enough some times without RMT sitting in there, and it's a free buffer/500k+ for Byakko gem/stone. They can then also sell their "services" as a merc group. Killing gods for people for a pre-set price.

These are the first reasons that I can think of for RMT wanting to play "legitimately".
 Ifrit.Onnajy
Server: Ifrit
user: Onnajy
By Ifrit.Onnajy 2009-01-09 20:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty simple why RMTs are still around.

THEY PAY THE MONTHLY FEE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

SE makes money off of RMTs. SE does do something pretty economically beneficial however; they target and freeze the transaction of gil. What this does is balance the gil so that prices don't skyrocket because there's so much gil flying around. (Like 5 years ago when fire crystals we're 8k) *Check 9/09/08 update "RMT Pawner v. 1.337"*

When SE targets the RMT accounts who hold the gil they attack the center of the RMT industry. RMTs gather gil and send it to their little bank person who does the transfers to gil buyers. With that 'little bank person' out of the picture the gil balances out and the RMTs sending that account money are stuck. *Check the comparison between the previous RMT account deletions / gil freezes; you will notice that the RMT accounts being deleted are rising, this is because RMTs can no longer use the dbox because of the 1m cap and are forced to make more accounts (More money for SE!)*

But I'm not STF, so this is just a theory I developed while watching Oceans Eleven =,.,=
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-01-10 00:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakurakun said:
Ashini, Athuna, Buzhonko, Cricaud, Rowlan, Bloodsyk

Suspicious RMT group leveling at level sync 66. All from Sandoria, all rank 5, all carrying lvl 10 gear or bellow with exception of the tank.

be on the look out! They've been reported to STF!

I noticed this on Fairy with minor differences. They are 5xTHF/DNC or DNC/THF for the most part with a WAR tank. They sync and have a PL. After they get their levels or the tank gains 1-2 lvls they boot the tank character from PT and kill him to delevel down. Qufim/LowDelkTower seem to be heavy hunting grounds. It wasnt until after they dropped sync I realized the 5 others were 50+