Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-26 23:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I dunno, when I get invites ill ask the party setup because I dont want to be stuck in BST, THF, THF, BLM, SMN party.
Your gear doesn't suck though, so you're fine.

Hey, Did you not see what I was wearing in East Ron [ S]? ;p
I didn't invite you to that party though, your gf invited me.
 Cerberus.Soluna
Server: Cerberus
user: GE4
By Cerberus.Soluna 2010-05-26 23:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
Dubont, you can buy me a Noble's tunic when I can use it.. I will wear it HAPPILY!!! Did you really offer to that and the dude got pissed??
yes...and called his friends on me...and they called a gm on me...b/c im a "bully".....
Come bully my BLM and buy me the remaining 6 HQ staves I need!
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-26 23:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
Dubont, you can buy me a Noble's tunic when I can use it.. I will wear it HAPPILY!!! Did you really offer to that and the dude got pissed??
yes...and called his friends on me...and they called a gm on me...b/c im a "bully".....
no b/c they arent 50k....
 Cerberus.Soluna
By Cerberus.Soluna 2010-05-26 23:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
But I already have a Noble's on my WHM!
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-26 23:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
well then u arent a gimp *** player that "has a life." oh yea another thing, if u call a new guy out on his gear/playing, his only response is "im sorry i have a life."
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-05-26 23:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW, unbelievable!!! Here you are trying to be cool and help someone out and they get pissy about it. If I ever make my why to Levi I am so hitting you up bro!! LOL
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-26 23:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
WOW, unbelievable!!! Here you are trying to be cool and help someone out and they get pissy about it. If I ever make my why to Levi I am so hitting you up bro!! LOL
i help when i can...if i feel like it lol
 Cerberus.Soluna
By Cerberus.Soluna 2010-05-26 23:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
well then u arent a gimp *** player that "has a life." oh yea another thing, if u call a new guy out on his gear/playing, his only response is "im sorry i have a life."
Better yet, when I call people out for having Fang Earrings over Spike, "So, 1 atk doesn't make a difference." And right now the price difference between them is 3-5k atm
EDIT:15k difference, but I still stand by it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-26 23:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
Better yet, when I call people out for having Fang Earrings over Spike, "So, 1 atk doesn't make a difference." And right now the price difference between them is 3-5k atm
EDIT:15k difference, but I still stand by it.
exactly....15k isnt much...300k+/day if im lucky....15k is nothing...ppl are lazy/stupid
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-05-26 23:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a life, but I also love playing this game. If anyone offers me help/ advice I am always grateful for it. If you want to be good at something. Listen to people who have been doing it for awhile. They have been there/ done that, and they know what they are talking about.
[+]
 Cerberus.Soluna
By Cerberus.Soluna 2010-05-26 23:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cerberus.Soluna said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
Better yet, when I call people out for having Fang Earrings over Spike, "So, 1 atk doesn't make a difference." And right now the price difference between them is 3-5k atm EDIT:15k difference, but I still stand by it.
exactly....15k isnt much...300k /day if im lucky....15k is nothing...ppl are lazy/stupid
I don't even have a "real" DD job and I use a pair of Spike Earrings for my WHM. Highest DD is 65DRG and I haven't played that for atleast 3 months, yet yet I'm still calling out 75WARs.
 Sylph.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Sylph.Darkei 2010-05-26 23:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

me as brd

Guy: birds wajom 55?
Me: /sea all guy >>>>>>>> bst 66
Me: setup?
Guy: bst, thf, pld, bst, whm, rdm
Me: emm you no need me, your setup is 6ppl
Guy: yes, but me and the other bst can change 1 for battle
Me: {thank you for the offer, but I'll have to pass}
Guy: why not?
Me: {I'm sorry} your fail setup of 7, best go to duo with the bst
Guy: i'm tired solo bst
Me: why u lvl then? Anyway [No Thanks]
Guy: common
Me: /blacklist add BstGuy
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-05-27 00:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a new wave of exp bsts on our server as well. They are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and gimp.

Don't get me wrong I love bst and am almost finished with mine, but I don't exp pt it, and my gear is HQ. This new wave of bsts are gimp(wouldn't be an issue if they solo'd) and refuse to solo and I have no idea where they are all coming from.

I lfp for hours then finally get an invite from a gimp geared bst with horrible party set ups, it makes me want to cry.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-27 00:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
There's a new wave of exp bsts on our server as well. They are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and gimp.

Don't get me wrong I love bst and am almost finished with mine, but I don't exp pt it, and my gear is HQ. This new wave of bsts are gimp(wouldn't be an issue if they solo'd) and refuse to solo and I have no idea where they are all coming from.

I lfp for hours then finally get an invite from a gimp geared bst with horrible party set ups, it makes me want to cry.
i know a blm that wont solo...and as a result, if he pulls hate in sky...he dies
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nususu
Server: Pandemonium
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2010-05-27 00:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As a bard, I'll really only ask what the setup is if i get multiple invites at the same time. It's just so that I don't waste my time with some 8k/hour scrub party. [No Thanks.]
[+]
By Osanpoe 2010-05-27 03:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Was invited to a party by a lvl 56 Drk one time. He was wondering why he wasn't hitting the mobs at the usual bird camps and was asking for accuracy food. Checked his gear to find him full timing lvl 16 Bone gear, everything else he had was below lvl 20 and had quite a few blank equip slots. First time I've ever called anyone out on their gear and the reply i got was "I only equip blu, rng and smn properly" he then ran off crying to sky about an hour early.

I understand not wanting to equip your job to the fullest extent below lvl 37 for a subjob but after that i expect you to have attempted to put some effort into your gear.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-05-27 03:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

when i know i only have like 1-2 hrs to exp and get invited to a party i always ask what the setup is. no reason to waste time with a 5k/hr party or silly ppl :P i'd rather just go to bed earlier then.

in fact if ppl ask me for the setup when i start a party i see it positive, as they seem to care and dont wanna pty with gimps either :<
[+]
 Asura.Zarine
Server: Asura
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Zarine 2010-05-27 12:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cor/Rng NO THX!!! Gimp Cor/whm ONRY!! >.> anyway

I joined a merit party the other day with a mate (I was 73DRG/SAM, he was 75COR/WAR), and as soon as we got to camp our leader (RDM) freaking out a bit due to us not being /nin. Long story short, BRD pulled 3 birds, RDM died without RR up, and we ended up getting blamed for it all due to not being /nin. ; ;

As the RDM was heading back to camp (had to HP), he started giving my buddy ***for not coming /whm despite him initially requesting /nin. But yeah, obviously if we had a COR/WHM in party, everything would have been perfect. orz.

Leviathan.Darkmod
user: darkmod
By Leviathan.Darkmod 2010-05-27 13:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure whats worse. Horrid gear, or a horrid party set up.

Then again, that relies on what defines a horrible party, or horrible gear.

I know im not "pro" - but i like to think of myself as having the best gear i can currently afford.

I rarely ever ask the setup when seeking. I did as a RDM when meriting, sometimes.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-27 14:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just join any pt on brd, if it's ***I'll rep myself.

I didn't used to agree with veg on that, but recently after having just bad parties, I make my own on brd.

If I have one more sam who tp's in full str gear I'm going to shoot myself.

Last time I told him to shape up because he was wearing full str gear and taking 3-4 secs to engage each mob, having 300tp for ages also and he told me I had no right to tell him how to play his jobs as he pays the $12.95
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-05-27 14:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I only really get annoyed with ppl that want 'This exact set-up' . Personally i'd rather join/make a 9.5-13k/hr PT and EXp for 1.5-2 hrs then to seek for same amount of time and get nothing standing around . I dont see alot of ppl Over 70 Seeking while in Campaign , this of course would justify thier Eliteness , i suppose .
I really dont care about gear . If i see invite a SMN73 to a SMN burn and they sporting Austeres gear with no Evo Ring , yea i ask them why they so lazy . wont kick them right away , tho . there is a line between Gimp and not-top-o-the-line . SMN as the example again , Austere gear isnt Penence or Relic , but isnt like they using Seer's or Baron's (seen it @ 75) .
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-27 14:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree with Vegetto on this point, I would have to say that skill > gear. Although gear can show what level skill they have, there are still too many failBLMs sporting full Morri, or failSAMs sporting great gear.

Besides, some of the best (not exp/hr, but fun) parties I have been in have been weird setups. I don't care about xp/hr, I care about not being bored out of my mind.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-27 14:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, I like strange setups having a pup in the pt is fun to see, and having a sch nuking mamool ja is awesome.

I do agree that skill > gear to a certain extent. I agree Skill > Gear when the person doesn't having top of the range gear, But I do get pissed off when they just have wrong gear (Sam wearing full str or full askar for example) There is skill in knowing what equipment choices to make.
 Sylph.Seriin
user: Seriin
By Sylph.Seriin 2010-05-27 14:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Same here, I like strange setups having a pup in the pt is fun to see, and having a sch nuking mamool ja is awesome.

I do agree that skill > gear to a certain extent. I agree Skill > Gear when the person doesn't having top of the range gear, But I do get pissed off when they just have wrong gear (Sam wearing full str or full askar for example) There is skill in knowing what equipment choices to make.

I stop caring about STR Sams after I pt'd (very briefly) with GK sam in full fishing gear at 55 birds. Pretty sure my face has a permanent palm mark since then.
[+]
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-27 14:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Seriin said:
I stop caring about STR Sams after I pt'd (very briefly) with GK sam in full fishing gear at 55 birds. Pretty sure my face has a permanent palm mark since then.

Oh my... I by no means have great gear.. but fishing gear? I may have a permanent palm print just from reading this.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-05-27 14:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people get all worked up when asked the setup? You know you would wanna know too if was lfg. I run into this problem a lot when I shout for ISNM or salvage, I get tards who do the same thing every time. I place in the shout "Send tell (ppl dont know what PST means) with jobs/lot" and they send me a tell like "i'll go" or they will say "what u need" and ill say "what do you have available?" and they get all emo. "I dont like my question answered with a question", just really dumb. I would like to know all your jobs because at this point in the game people have various 75s and I can tailor my party based on what jobs you give me to choose....
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-05-27 14:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention when I do shouts the #1 job that pops up EVERY SINGLE TIME is SAM.... If there is any job in this game you will never have trouble finding, its sam.... People like to lie about their other jobs too for ISNM, always DD (SAM) only.
 Siren.Cordareo
Server: Siren
user: Cordareo
By Siren.Cordareo 2010-05-27 14:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
but when I return the favor by asking your gear, don't get mad if I change my mind about inviting you.

When I saw the name of this thread, I thought it was going to be a giant parse saying you made 100K exp an hour.

This is just as good though :o
 Sylph.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-05-27 15:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:
I only really get annoyed with ppl that want 'This exact set-up' . Personally i'd rather join/make a 9.5-13k/hr PT and EXp for 1.5-2 hrs then to seek for same amount of time and get nothing standing around . I dont see alot of ppl Over 70 Seeking while in Campaign , this of course would justify thier Eliteness , i suppose .
I really dont care about gear . If i see invite a SMN73 to a SMN burn and they sporting Austeres gear with no Evo Ring , yea i ask them why they so lazy . wont kick them right away , tho . there is a line between Gimp and not-top-o-the-line . SMN as the example again , Austere gear isnt Penence or Relic , but isnt like they using Seer's or Baron's (seen it @ 75) .
...wait, you'd kick someone out of an Astral Flow party because they don't have level appropriate gear?

The party gets sync'd... all that level appropriate gear is useless (while Trader/baron will kick in)... and you're pissed because they're not wearing level appropriate gear.

I just.... orz
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-27 16:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Not to mention when I do shouts the #1 job that pops up EVERY SINGLE TIME is SAM.... If there is any job in this game you will never have trouble finding, its sam.... People like to lie about their other jobs too for ISNM, always DD (SAM) only.
I for one do not have sam at 75 for many reasons.

1) I don't like bandwagons. I leveled blm before MB parties. I leveled DRK before HASTE ZERG ONRY! and I leveled Cor when it first came out despite 200-300k/stack of bullets b/c it seemed like a fun job.

2) Sam is boring as hell to me. You don't get spells..so you are pretty much a mindless DD. You hit..you ws...BORING.

3) Too many *** people play the job and play it wrong. If I level the job, I may become passionate about the job (much like blm and cor) so that when someone does it wrong..I flip out ; ;