Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » The 'xNM' Page
The 'xNM' Page
 Sylph.Feyen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2008-12-21 04:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Would there be anyway for there to be some sort of reward indicator on the xNM listing? Like the pages for the individual BCNMs show you the average and median prices for that fight, maybe one or both of those numbers could appear in the list of all xNMs, so they can be more directly compared.
 Midgardsormr.Corwen
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Corwen
By Midgardsormr.Corwen 2008-12-21 07:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Those figures don't take into consideration the actual drop rates of the loot in the xNMs, its merely the average and median values of all the possible items that can drop so this info is actually not very useful, especially for comparing which BCNMs are "better" to use your seals on and I'd think would create confusion. If it were possible to factor in actual item drop rates into the equation to determine these figures then this info would be very useful but most drop rate info is unknown or a rough estimate at best.
 Sylph.Feyen
Server: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2008-12-21 09:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Corwen said:
Those figures don't take into consideration the actual drop rates of the loot in the xNMs, its merely the average and median values of all the possible items that can drop so this info is actually not very useful, especially for comparing which BCNMs are "better" to use your seals on and I'd think would create confusion. If it were possible to factor in actual item drop rates into the equation to determine these figures then this info would be very useful but most drop rate info is unknown or a rough estimate at best.

I was thinking about that too, but since those values were already on the pages, I knew it would be easier to link the main page to those values than to figure out the drop rate (from the wiki) and somehow merge that with the AH value.