Crazy Bullfighters.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Crazy bullfighters.
Crazy bullfighters.
First Page 2
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-23 08:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-23 08:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda deserved it lol, idiot sport needs to be banned
 Hades.Oromis
Server: Hades
user: Oromis
By Hades.Oromis 2010-05-23 08:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-05-23 08:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think bull fighting is straight up stupid. If the fight or w/e he's called gets maimed he deserves it
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-23 08:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Matadore, spanish for idiot
[+]
 Bahamut.Reeve
Server: Bahamut
user: Reeve
By Bahamut.Reeve 2010-05-23 09:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about time this "sport" was banned, the matador didn't deserve the injury he sustained though - should have lost his bottom jaw.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-05-23 09:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I respect culture and all, but I honestly see no purpose in this sport. Now, if these fighters were being sacrificed to a 'Sun God' then I'd understand (well, not really, but you get what I mean).
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-23 09:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:

Fukken wicked!!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-23 09:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, tho. I don't see how this is a sport.. You sit and watch a guy dodge and torture an animal..
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-05-23 09:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Seriously, tho. I don't see how this is a sport.. You sit and watch a guy dodge and torture an animal..

You're right! I'd much rather watch people brutally beating each other senseless!

... -.-
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-23 09:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
You're right! I'd much rather watch people brutally beating each other senseless! ... -.-

Right.. Violence is like sex.

Human + Animal = No, just wrong.

Human + Human = I fap to this.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-05-23 09:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

People debate if its art or a sport.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/736223/bullfighting_a_sport_or_an_art_form.html?cat=49

It's been around for ages too:

http://www.idealspain.com/pages/information/bullfighting.htm
Quote:
Bullfighting outline
Spain has always been famous for its bull-fights which are undergoing a new lease of life with a great increase in interest. In Spain the bullfight is called the Fiesta Nacional (The national Sport).

There are few places in Spain where a bull-ring can't be found within a short drive. It is the most common thing associated with Spain, and rightly so for its origins date back to 711AD when the first bullfight (corrida) took place in honour of the crowning of King Alfons VIII. Every week, all over Spain, many thousands of Spaniards flock to the nearest bullring, but not all Spaniards agree with the sport, or like it.

It is reported that each year, within Spain, 24,000 bulls are killed in front of an audience of 30 million people. The bullfighting season runs from March to October. Bullfighting was originally done on horseback and was a sport reserved for the aristocracy.

This changed when Felipe V prohibited the nobles from practicing the sport as he felt it was a bad example for the public's education. From then on the commoners took on the sport, facing the bulls unarmed, dodging and taunting the bull then eventually placing small spears into the bull, the origin of the banderillas of today's bullfights. Around 1724 the sport was transformed from horseback to foot.

The bullfight is literally a dance with death.

The bullfighter has to carefully examine and study the movements and strengths of the bull. One wrong move and he will end up gored or seriously injured.

Bullfight

It is certain though that at the end of the show, the bull will die, yes, it is literally a show. The bullfighter has to demonstrate his skills to the audience in a dramatic and enthusiastic way. If he makes a good job of it and gets a good round of applause at the end he could be bestowed the ultimate honour by being presented with one of the bull's ears or its tail.

If he has been really good he may even be carried round the arena. One variation of the traditional bullfight is bull-running where bulls are released into the streets and masses of participants do their best to avoid them and stay alive. Pamplona is the best place to see this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zandra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zandra
By Quetzalcoatl.Zandra 2010-05-23 09:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

HOLY ***!!!! I thought that was a moustache and was about to give him some mad props, but it's the bull's horn going through is throat!!!! SICK
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-23 09:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zandra said:
HOLY ***!!!! I thought that was a moustache and was about to give him some mad props, but it's the bull's horn going through is throat!!!! SICK

I KNOW, right? *** awesome!
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-05-23 09:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Right.. Violence is like sex.

Human Animal = No, just wrong.

Human Human = I fap to this.

I only agree to the point of fully domesticated animals. Everything else is, more or less, natural selection.

Hunting, trapping, and fishing are sports, too.

I'm probably just jaded.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-23 09:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Right.. Violence is like sex. Human Animal = No, just wrong. Human Human = I fap to this.
I only agree to the point of fully domesticated animals. Everything else is, more or less, natural selection. Hunting, trapping, and fishing are sports, too. I'm probably just jaded.

I hunt. Not for sport, but for the meat. 'Hunting for sport' is kinda wasteful, unless you donate the meat to an orphanage or something. I've heard of that.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-05-23 09:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-23 10:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My mother comes from a farming family, my father comes from a shooting family, so we're all pretty non-plussed when it comes to killing animals for a reason. Hunting for food, putting sick animals down, pest/vermin control, that sort of thing, all fine. Hunting for "sport" and this sort of thing? Nah, ***is barbaric.

Actually I know of people that "hunt" animals but don't kill them. They take joy in being in the wild and tracking a wild animal, pointing a gun and pulling the trigger is the easy part that they only do if they want the meat.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-23 10:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
My mother comes from a farming family, my father comes from a shooting family, so we're all pretty non-plussed when it comes to killing animals for a reason. Hunting for food, putting sick animals down, pest/vermin control, that sort of thing, all fine. Hunting for "sport" and this sort of thing? Nah, ***is barbaric. Actually I know of people that "hunt" animals but don't kill them. They take joy in being in the wild and tracking a wild animal, pointing a gun and pulling the trigger is the easy part that they only do if they want the meat.

I should clarify.. Hunting for sport with a gun is wasteful. But some people hunt with cameras for sport. Their trophies are pictures.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-23 10:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well same thing really, the people I'm talking about don't normally take photos, they just do it for their own amusement. Either way, we're on the same page here :p
 Fenrir.Dramanue
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-23 10:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Well same thing really, the people I'm talking about don't normally take photos, they just do it for their own amusement. Either way, we're on the same page here :p

This really reminded me of a quote from One Hour Photo...
Quote:
Sy Parrish: According to The Oxford English Dictionary, the word "snapshot" was originally a hunting term.

Either way, once you get down to it, even the person who took the picture of the matador getting impaled is a hunter. He waited for the right moment, took aim, and shot. We are all hunters in some way or another, we all just have different targets. The bull's target was the matador, the matador's target was the bull, the photographer's target was the perfect photo, the photo's target was some random forum.

Every society has their own moral belief structure. The throat impale is nothing compared to a lot that these men go through, but then again, people like to race around in circles hoping to god they don't nick the wall and turn into a ball of flames screaming down the race track. "He deserves getting his head impaled." "He deserves bursting into flames." "He deserves having his ear bit off."
 Sylph.Tidos
user: Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2010-05-23 11:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since im from portugal we apriciate something similiar, its called Forcados no swords in this .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCajtQCqChU&feature=related
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-23 11:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No swords, but you still use spikes and torment the animal...
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2010-05-23 11:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No those spikes are not used from forcados, those are the matadores and horsemen, forcados are just pure force against the bull.
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-23 11:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess its a good thing none of you are from spain nor appreciate the cultural heritage but are obviously experts on it
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2010-05-23 11:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And its forbidden in portugal to kill the bull in the arena.
 Sylph.Tidos
By Sylph.Tidos 2010-05-23 11:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No im not from spain but these bull fights are from iberian peninsula, so both countries.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-23 11:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
I guess its a good thing none of you are from spain nor appreciate the cultural heritage but are obviously experts on it

Cause you have to be from Spain to understand it obviously.
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-23 11:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

Cause you have to be from Spain to understand it obviously.

I do believe it helps! But I also understand how easy it is for this community to look on things from the outside and cast scathing judgment, but its ok, that matador deserved it
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-23 11:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, awesome. He got what he deserved IMO.
First Page 2