users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Debuff Pants
Debuff Pants
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-20 09:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I debuff in Errant Slops right now. Been thinking about finally getting through the mini expansions. For ASA I've been saying I want movement speed +8% for my BRD, would be great for pulling. Combining the CHR+2 on the pants, and the augment for m.acc+4, how would they rank with debuffing pants?

What do you guys debuff in and why?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-20 09:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I debuff in AF legs, Skill helps my debuffs land.

If I was debuffing with a string instrument atm, I'd go for the Sha'ir Seraweels (chr+8)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-20 09:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

And Macc +4, chr +2 would be really nice debuff legs.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-05-22 03:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i usually use af2, errant/mahatma and af1(+1) works too. personally i wouldn't waste an aug on debuffing. at best they'd be marginally better than mahatma/af2, i'd think.

my pants are movement speed and cure potency.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-05-22 04:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

AF1+1 : debuff

Byakko pants : buff and haste set.

AF2 legs : mainly for brd/whm in dynamis ballad or something.

Also if you can get Marduk shalwar , it's pretty nice. But try your best to get AF legs +1, if you can't the expansion legs with the stats you mentioned are still good.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-22 04:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
AF1 1 : debuff

Also if you can get Marduk shalwar , it's pretty nice. But try your best to get AF legs 1, if you can't the expansion legs with the stats you mentioned are still good.
nuuuuuuu

Marches should be in max skill gear, always. Other buffs it would depend on whether you're capped or not (which honestly idk D:).
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-05-22 06:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Debuff in Marduk, Buff in AF+1. If it's a debuff you need to spam and has high acc, Haidate works.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-22 06:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
AF1 1 : debuff

Also if you can get Marduk shalwar , it's pretty nice. But try your best to get AF legs 1, if you can't the expansion legs with the stats you mentioned are still good.
nuuuuuuu

Marches should be in max skill gear, always. Other buffs it would depend on whether you're capped or not (which honestly idk D:).

if you get less than 4-5 wind or singing skill through a piece, check whether it's breaking a tier or not, if you can break a tier then equip everything to do so, but if it's not possible, then swap the wind / singing piece for haste or spellcast down until you can break it.

edit: but then saying that, insufficient testing has been done, even though with 6~ skill seems to put it up 0.1%~ haste, less skill could still put it up 0.05%~ etc.

Probably worth always marching in max skill gear.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-22 06:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I use a full haste set for is Ballad atm, seeing as it's unaffected.

I would you song spellcast down, but I don't have any.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-22 11:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
if you get less than 4-5 wind or singing skill through a piece, check whether it's breaking a tier or not, if you can break a tier then equip everything to do so, but if it's not possible, then swap the wind / singing piece for haste or spellcast down until you can break it.

edit: but then saying that, insufficient testing has been done, even though with 6~ skill seems to put it up 0.1%~ haste, less skill could still put it up 0.05%~ etc.

Probably worth always marching in max skill gear.
Kirschy's testing was extremely thorough, I don't think you're giving her enough credit here. Further, what you're saying is impossible as the tiers increment in units of 1/1024, which is the smallest fraction the game uses for haste.

Saying to use max skill without checking tiers was technically incorrect as you noted, but it was simpler to dumb it down a bit and would have minimal impact.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Tempelshine 2010-05-23 00:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Only use Skill for Madrigal.
+30 Accuracy at combined skill 508-553. caü natural is 450 on every Bard75 +26 Accuracy

Haste & Attack skillcap is much lower and you even capped with 0 Merrits and AF equip.

March cap is combinated Skill from only 451: on 75 you have w/o merrits gear 450

Menuett cap +56 w/o merrits
on 75(natural skill) +54 - miss +2 isnt that big.

Debuff ya well.
I say Focus on 130 CHR & and Wind 250 then you fine,
still for endgame.
What even ressist you so or so need to come /blm.

Legs: Marduk > Mahatma/Shair > lolAF2 > lolAF1+1

my opionion.

Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-05-23 00:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tempelshine said:
30 Accuracy at combined skill 508-553. caü natural is 450 on every Bard75 26 Accuracy

Haste & Attack skillcap is much lower and you even capped with 0 Merrits and AF equip.

March cap is combinated Skill from only 451: on 75 you have w/o merrits gear 450

Menuett cap 56 w/o merrits
on 75(natural skill) 54 - miss 2 isnt that big.

Debuff ya well.
still for endgame.

Legs: Marduk > Mahatma/Shair > lolAF2 > lolAF1 1

my opionion.

My CHR I think is 112 (70+42) and I've no problem with resist. I use af+1 legs instead of CHR legs- the skill seems to help more.

Idk what this talk is about caps.. Mad/Minuet is cap for me without much skill+ at all. March doesn't cap at at skill lvl we can get to?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-23 00:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tempelshine said:
30 Accuracy at combined skill 508-553. caü natural is 450 on every Bard75 26 Accuracy

Menuett cap 56 w/o merrits
on 75(natural skill) 54 - miss 2 isnt that big.

Debuff ya well.
still for endgame.

Legs: Marduk > Mahatma/Shair > lolAF2 > lolAF1 1

my opionion.
Huh?

Advancing March perhaps (idk), but Victory March? Nah son, nah.
[+]
By Odin.Tempelshine 2010-05-23 00:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mineut is capped very easy. only need cap skills -.-
like i post.

Madrigal well i dont know what your equip at-
But easily cap?

you need to your 225 + 225 = 450
additonal +90 Sing/Windskill, isnt that hard can get, i have, but idnt that easy need AF+1 hands, AF2 Head, Rings/Earring,
AF+1orMarduk legs-

And ya.

70+42 isnt that bad but no enuff do elegy some HNMs.
No need more 130 should be for HNMs.

Im not talking about Burn Parties or Genbus.
By Odin.Tempelshine 2010-05-23 00:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, sry was my fault get the thread wrong on wiki ._.

So ignore my caps on marsch-

Sry Night D:

Edit: lol^^
Now o now i have to get my gear on Marsches on Skill 560-566 brb doing scripts lol -_-
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-23 06:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't get Marduk Shalwar, Choral Cannions +1 is next best pants.

As for Errant (7 CHR) versus ASA pants (4 macc 2 CHR), it technically depends on dCHR (assuming it works the same as dINT). If your CHR is less than target's CHR +10 (or did people decide +15 now?), 1 CHR = 1 macc. Past that point, 1 CHR = .5 macc. I don't know what the ballpark number is exactly for most HNM, but you probably reach it pretty easily with decent gear. The general rule of thumb is to get the CHR piece if the CHR is twice as much or more as skill/macc on a similar piece; otherwise you have to look at your CHR and determine what's best for you, but most likely the macc/skill piece will be better.

That being said, ASA pants (5-6 macc) could be better, worse, or equal than Errant (3.5-7 macc) based on your other gear, and even if it is better, I'd agree with Lorzy and wouldn't waste the pants augments for up to +2.5 macc. Especially because Choral Cannions +1 will always be better than both choices and they aren't very difficult to get.
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-24 08:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the ideas, I'll have Choral Cannions +1 at some point, just depends on how the drop rates are, going to get Cuffs+1 first, just need Temenos item >.<

I'll probably toss a different Aug on it whenever I get through the expansions, just curious what everyone's thoughts were.

Thanks.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-05-24 09:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though I can understand the reasoning behind putting Macc +4 on the ASA pants for BRD, I personally wouldn't do it since comparable debuffing pants are readily available from the AH (Errant/Mahatma or Sha'ir). I chose Movement Speed +8% and Physical Damage Taken -4% for my BRD and BLM, and I've been happy with that choice. Especially since Goliard pants are exceptionally ugly.

These days, I mainly gear up my BRD for events (I despise meriting on the job). For debuffing during events, I've been using AF2 pants. They're essentially Mahatma Slops with +42 MP. Out of all my BRD's gearsets, my debuffing set has the lowest max MP. AF2 pants help prop up my max MP without losing too much in the way of accuracy.

Since I saw it earlier,

Minuet 4 caps at 462 skill (+12 over natural skill cap)
Blade Madrigal caps at 508 skill (+58 over natural cap)
Victory March has no known cap (499 skill, or +49 over natural cap, will reach the first >11% Haste tier)
[+]