Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Testimony
Testimony
 Asura.Malkavius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Malkavius
By Asura.Malkavius 2010-05-16 18:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am 2 Maat fights away from Maat's Cap: THF and RDM. I needed both testy so i went to the Temple of Uggalepih to do hover tanks for RDM testy and the Tonberry outside for THF testy while waiting on repops.

Yesterday i had spent 6 hours between Cape Terrigan and Kuftal Tunnel Goblin Bandits trying to steal my THF testy with +9 in steal gear and gave up.

Im at 5 hours right now at temple with out a RDM or THF testy either. Have TH4 and again steal +9 for the tonberry. It doesn't seem concievable that my luck is really just that bad that nothing in 12 hours of attempts.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edit:
The first mob i killed after posting this dropped RDM testy >< the power of venting. Now for that THF one.

Edit 2:
Also forgot to mention, yes i do not have a THF testy anywhere in MH / Satchel / Etc.

Ive tried with the mob at low health for about 2 hours, tried from behind, tried after Feint tried everything. It's making me absolutely crazy.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-16 18:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to sky and see if there is an LS planning to do ola.

Basically in short our LS throws away about 20+ RDM testimonies when farming waters lol.

THF you'll just have to keep trying.. i did the tonberry outside on the balcony and finally stole one after 20+ tries/waiting.

Patience :D
 Asura.Malkavius
Server: Asura
user: Malkavius
By Asura.Malkavius 2010-05-16 19:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the RDM one.

But for the tonberry were you wearing steal gear? Did you melee it down to low HP first anything that would help. I'm at probably 120+ attempts right now and still nothing. Held the same tonberry for 6 consecutive attempts tried killing and get new one, tried zone depopping it tried everything i can think of.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
By Avissar 2010-06-26 06:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to get two testimonies for my THF Maat fight. The first I got from tonberries, the second I got from goblin bandits.

I used all the THF AF gear with steal+ on it and the thief's kote instead of THF AF hands. Wasn't hard.