Rings: CHR V Skill

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Rings: CHR v Skill
Rings: CHR v Skill
By ReeceFenrir 2010-05-15 10:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyones opinion or preferance on ring slot?

Xp Party: Chr/Skill?
Endgame/Hnm: Chr/Skill?

Debating whether I should just stick with Nereid x2
Or have Chr ones instead/aswell.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-05-15 11:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't be claim to be an expert of any sense, but here's my thoughts.

Skill, if enough of it is stacked, CAN bump your March up a whopping 1%, making full singing/wind skill for buffing useful.

If my understanding of m.acc formulae is correct. 5CHA = 5 m.acc = 5 skill.
However, once you are 50(?) CHA above the foe's CHA that falls to 5 CHA = 2.5 m.acc(or less).
Assuming the above is true, and that most mobs(Including most HNM) have fairly low CHA scores, skill may be more important if you can reach some magic number on CHA.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2010-05-19 11:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Always use +skill for buffs, no matter the situation.

For debuffs, Omega Ring is currently the best all round ring for BRD. Balrahn's Ring is what I use for my other ring slot, hard to beat the flat +4 MAcc.

You can always shoot for +MAcc augments on some cheap CHR rings. I have +1 CHR on one of my Nereids, but I stick to the rings above because I can't be certain which Nereid (+2 MND, -1 INT) will get equipped.
Quote:
If my understanding of m.acc formulae is correct. 5CHA = 5 m.acc = 5 skill.
However, once you are 50(?) CHA above the foe's CHA that falls to 5 CHA = 2.5 m.acc(or less).
Assuming the above is true, and that most mobs(Including most HNM) have fairly low CHA scores, skill may be more important if you can reach some magic number on CHA.

We don't know if Elemental Magic accuracy is the same as song accuracy. It's easy to *assume* it works the same way, but as far as I know, there's no real formal testing. We know that CHR, MAcc, and Skill improve your accuracy, just not by how much.
 Diabolos.Renavi
Server: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-05-19 11:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Could've sworn this question has been answered many times.. For buffing Skill only, for debuffing the top 3 rings would be 1. Omega Ring 2. Balrahn's Ring 3. Veela Ring. Depending on your CHR and your targets CHR, I don't know the exact formula but something like if your CHR is 10 or higher than the targets then CHR = .5MACC, if it's under that then 1CHR = 1MACC. I hope this helps.
By Thandar 2010-05-19 11:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I use my CHR set first, if iit resists, I swap to skill.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-19 11:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming this is a thread for debuffs, aim for 120 CHR, and put Skill in the rest of the slots. At best, 1 skill is equally good as 1 CHR, and that's if you have too much CHR to begin with. But under normal circumstances, 1 CHR will be twice as good. As someone else has mentioned, Omega Ring/Balrahn's Ring is the best as far as MACC goes, followed by either Nereid or Light Rings, depending on how much CHR you have. Generally a +5 CHR ring will beat a +3 skill ring.

Then again, Nereid Rings with CHR+2 augments aren't very rare and you'd want to use that over a Light Ring in any situation.

Edit: I forgot, there were some new rings added recently, one of which gives +6 CHR. If you can't get either Balrahn's Ring or Omega Ring, that would be your next choice.
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-05-19 11:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it would be at best, 1 CHR would = 1 Skill? Since 1 Skill is believed to always be 1 or .9 MACC(Can't remember) and CHR can be either .5 or 1MACC.
 Odin.Trelan
Server: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-05-19 11:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

as it has already been said here I will simply confirm skill+ for buffs, for debuffs capping CHR is good, but a mag acc and skill combo will help land those pesky debuffs so a strong mixture of the 3 will help. Meripo? concentrate on cast timers.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-19 11:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Renavi said:
I thought it would be at best, 1 CHR would = 1 Skill? Since 1 Skill is believed to always be 1 or .9 MACC(Can't remember) and CHR can be either .5 or 1MACC.
After 400 skill (Which BRD will always be over when capped), skill's MACC drops to .5 MACC/Skill.
 Diabolos.Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-05-19 11:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah okay, I hadn't heard of the over 400 Skill thing, and yeah, BRD will always be over that. x.x I think I heard someone said a Debuff set to work towards is 500Skill/120CHR. Takes a lot of nice gear to create though think.
 Unicorn.Rilu
Server: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-19 13:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't hardly ever wear CHR rings anymore on bard. Generally my staple rings are Omega and Balrahn's; I carry 2x nereid for stacking skill (I can get around 295 right now). CHR rings stay in moghouse until I gear my BST. IMO, CHR is quite overrated after you hit 75 -

Endgame (never sure what this means to people) but I would say 1. Omega ring 2. Balrahn's

Merit party - 1. Minstrels Ring 2. Omega Ring.

Until you can get Omega/Balrahn's stick with CHR I guess.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Dawnsohma
Server: Asura
user: dawnsohma
By Asura.Dawnsohma 2010-06-30 19:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

for all debuffs i macro in macc rings omega/balrahns

and for buffs macro in minstrels and skill+