Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-11 22:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
UK office is far better than the US office

I'm sorry, I should of remembered you watch 90% of comedies with a laughter track, Can't expect people from the US to understand comedy.
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
Server: Sylph
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-05-11 22:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snap
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-05-11 22:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Bouncingflea said:
Oh snap
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-05-12 00:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
Somehow I feel like this picture describes you as you read that.
ok, so what i said can be abbreviated by a cat eating a plant. nice! if you'd like to elaborate, i'm sure I can as well.
 Sylph.Ixe
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-05-12 01:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

-.- No ones even mentioned the stupidest shows on TV:
'Jersey Shore'
'Keeping up with the Kardashians'
'The Hills'
Id rather shoot myself then watch most TV >.>
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-12 01:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ixe said:
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-05-12 01:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ixe said:
-.- No ones even mentioned the stupidest shows on TV:
'Jersey Shore'
'Keeping up with the Kardashians'
'The Hills'
{word}

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-12 01:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Discovery, I can't stand all these stupid new shows they have. Who cares about catching crabs or cutting down trees? I'd watch Dirty Jobs for a full 24 hours if they had a marathon, but I won't watch these newer shows for 24 MINUTES.

Granted, this has nothing to do with the OP's topic, but just thought I'd share.
 Asura.Despayn
Server: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-12 01:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Jersey Shore is actually one of the most entertaining shows on TV. Yes, its stupid as ***, but thats what makes it hilarious.

I hated it because of the idea behind it, but then I watched a few episodes. I couldn't stop laughing. If a show keeps me laughing throughout its entirety, its good in my book. Good, but in a stupid way.

Granted MTV has a few good shows. True Life comes to mind.

Also my TV hardly ever moves from USA (especially with Burn Notice coming back up). However, I do enjoy TBS sitcoms, like Everybody Loves Raymond and House of Payne. ***'s actually quite funny, and I love to laugh.

Use to watch Maury all the time, but it became way too redundant and ridiculous.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-12 01:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Speaking of Discovery, I can't stand all these stupid new shows they have. Who cares about catching crabs or cutting down trees? I'd watch Dirty Jobs for a full 24 hours if they had a marathon, but I won't watch these newer shows for 24 MINUTES.

Granted, this has nothing to do with the OP's topic, but just thought I'd share.

The History channel has the same issue. Seriously, what the *** does Truckers on a slippery road have to do with History? Even that Pawn show has even a historical tie with some of the Early American ***they have come in.

A breath of Fresh air however was "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking" So all is not yet lost.

Oh yah, and what the *** is up with the sudden fad of Midgets, I swear that's all TLC is, and now the plague has spread to Animal Planet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-12 01:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I kind of loved watching Axemen, but prolly because I've worked for roughneck old dudes who call you every insult in the book while you do labor work.. lol.

Nat Geo "Locked up Abroad" also keeps making me watch :3

The main problem is, they try to make it all about "Personal Dramas", The Axedoods or whatever it's called is more like WWE than any show that belongs on Discovery Networks.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-12 09:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of History Channel, I used to watch History 24/7, but then they started their "This week is Biblical week, and next week is Apocalypse week, then Biblical week, then Apocalypse week, only we'll throw one episode of Modern Marvels, and a WWII special in there." It's just become a 'Bane of the Human race' channel. Now I watch Travel Channel 24/7, and their "America's Worst Driver" is starting to go down that path.

@Flionheart I hate shows with laugh tracks, It's like telling a joke then laughing at your own joke, not to mention, alot of it is watered down humor, trying to say things in different ways, just to suck the FCC's ***.

@Ixe Those and Real Housewives of <Enter city here>. I don't consider those shows, Those fall more under televised stupidity, like Jackass, only in the other direction.

Also, add to the list the entire Fox News channel. You could compare Fox News to The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and The Onion, but that'd be insulting to Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and the crew of The Onion.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-12 09:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think TV shows in general are degrading us as a society.

I think its the fact that parents use TV as a babysitter for their children, and that some shows/movies also have political meanings to their stories (anti-government, anti-capitalist, anti-society, anti-anything really).

It goes to the idea of Entertainment vs Politics. I don't pay 6 bucks to go see a political viewpoint, I pay 6 bucks to go see some action!
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-12 09:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
I don't think TV shows in general are degrading us as a society. I think its the fact that parents use TV as a babysitter for their children, and that some shows/movies also have political meanings to their stories (anti-government, anti-capitalist, anti-society, anti-anything really). It goes to the idea of Entertainment vs Politics. I don't pay 6 bucks to go see a political viewpoint, I pay 6 bucks to go see some action!

Well, society has just moved on to where things are stupid. Why do we need to know of 6 *** living in Orange County, pressuring their poor, teenaged daughters to be models and crap? There's a couple who have 8 kids.. WHY did we need a show about it? What was the result of it? The mother let the show go to her head, became a ***, and split the family. The father became a lecherous idiot. The poor kids.. Well, IDK, I just feel sorry for them.

Anyway, think of shows, OLD shows like The Andy Griffith Show. Say next week you saw an advertisement for a remake called 'Mayberry' or something, this show would be HEAVILY dumbed down, heavily sexed up, and extremely violent and vulgar. Kids don't have to watch shows, but if shows they watched were none of that, maybe kids wouldn't be so scarred and screwed up, these days.
 Sylph.Akibakei
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-12 09:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This is proof of the death of society:

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-12 09:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
This is proof of the death of society:

I couldnt agree more
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-05-12 09:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:
I don't think TV shows in general are degrading us as a society. I think its the fact that parents use TV as a babysitter for their children, and that some shows/movies also have political meanings to their stories (anti-government, anti-capitalist, anti-society, anti-anything really). It goes to the idea of Entertainment vs Politics. I don't pay 6 bucks to go see a political viewpoint, I pay 6 bucks to go see some action!

Well, society has just moved on to where things are stupid. Why do we need to know of 6 *** living in Orange County, pressuring their poor, teenaged daughters to be models and crap? There's a couple who have 8 kids.. WHY did we need a show about it? What was the result of it? The mother let the show go to her head, became a ***, and split the family. The father became a lecherous idiot. The poor kids.. Well, IDK, I just feel sorry for them.

Anyway, think of shows, OLD shows like The Andy Griffith Show. Say next week you saw an advertisement for a remake called 'Mayberry' or something, this show would be HEAVILY dumbed down, heavily sexed up, and extremely violent and vulgar. Kids don't have to watch shows, but if shows they watched were none of that, maybe kids wouldn't be so scarred and screwed up, these days.
Clash of the Titans (Old vs New) explains it all.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-12 09:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Justin Bieber is a Shotacon dream.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-12 09:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jersey Shore has Operation Repo beat for "Worst Show on Television." I watched it once out of curiosity because I'm from New Jersey and spent a good portion of my childhood at the Seaside Heights.

What a complete waste of *** time that was. Not only are the cast members not from New Jersey (save one), if these people didn't have a camera on them 24/7 while there, they would've gotten the ***kicked out of them daily. I've never seen such toolish behavior in Seaside Heights. And now when I vacation there in the future, I can expect Seaside Heights to be riddled with trash like that, because it's the "cool" place to vacation.

*** you MTV.

I also can't stand American Idol.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-12 10:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Justin Beaver is a bigger joke than Snooki falling on her snatch trying to find a man.

You really wanna know how far society has fallen? When every "reality" show actor gets their own love show, when anyone can get behind a mic and spew nonsense and STILL get hits, when Lil Wayne stopped making sense, these things among many other instances are cases of how fargone society is.

I'm still surprised Octo-mom hasn't gotten her own show yet.

And seriously, who the *** cares about the Kardashians? They're more worthless than used tampons at a *** convention.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-12 10:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Well, society has just moved on to where things are stupid. Why do we need to know of 6 *** living in Orange County, pressuring their poor, teenaged daughters to be models and crap? There's a couple who have 8 kids.. WHY did we need a show about it? What was the result of it? The mother let the show go to her head, became a ***, and split the family. The father became a lecherous idiot. The poor kids.. Well, IDK, I just feel sorry for them. Anyway, think of shows, OLD shows like The Andy Griffith Show. Say next week you saw an advertisement for a remake called 'Mayberry' or something, this show would be HEAVILY dumbed down, heavily sexed up, and extremely violent and vulgar. Kids don't have to watch shows, but if shows they watched were none of that, maybe kids wouldn't be so scarred and screwed up, these days.
Clash of the Titans (Old vs New) explains it all.

Korpg just released the Kraken.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-12 10:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Jersey Shore has Operation Repo beat for "Worst Show on Television." I watched it once out of curiosity because I'm from New Jersey and spent a good portion of my childhood at the Seaside Heights. What a complete waste of *** time that was. Not only are the cast members not from New Jersey (save one), if these people didn't have a camera on them 24/7 while there, they would've gotten the ***kicked out of them daily. I've never seen such toolish behavior in Seaside Heights. And now when I vacation there in the future, I can expect Seaside Heights to be riddled with trash like that, because it's the "cool" place to vacation. *** you MTV. I also can't stand American Idol.

Jersey Shore is the show with the orange-tan people?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-12 10:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Jersey Shore has Operation Repo beat for "Worst Show on Television." I watched it once out of curiosity because I'm from New Jersey and spent a good portion of my childhood at the Seaside Heights. What a complete waste of *** time that was. Not only are the cast members not from New Jersey (save one), if these people didn't have a camera on them 24/7 while there, they would've gotten the ***kicked out of them daily. I've never seen such toolish behavior in Seaside Heights. And now when I vacation there in the future, I can expect Seaside Heights to be riddled with trash like that, because it's the "cool" place to vacation. *** you MTV. I also can't stand American Idol.

yes
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-12 10:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Apparently, there's a show in the works.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-12 10:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Apparently, there's a show in the works.
if thats the case, then boys and girls...
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-12 10:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
yes

Yeah, *** them and their show.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-12 10:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is why I'll take my terrible dental hygiene to go.

It seriously isn't worth American TV.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-12 10:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The girls at work keep talking about "Dancing With the Stars." I want to scream every time they do.

Who the *** cares about a celebrity dancing show? *looks at a map* Oh yea...