Ebon/etc Clogs And Ebon/etc Cuffs Etching Information

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Ebon/etc Clogs and Ebon/etc Cuffs Etching information
Ebon/etc Clogs and Ebon/etc Cuffs Etching information
 Cerberus.Auspice
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2010-05-09 02:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a complete lack of information on the etching elements and sizes for the Ebon/Ebur/Furia Clogs and Ebon/Ebur/Furia Cuffs. I'd really like to save myself from getting a million pigments and aptants to discover what the size/shape/element of each of these pieces has to offer. Does anyone have any screenshots of these pieces or know what the etchings are? Thanks in advance :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-09 02:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

All the non ra/ex ones have the same size/shape/element available based on slot and coloration.

The synth ones share the same of everything with themselves as well. Scroll down on http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Synergy/Item_Etching/All_Recipes.

Also you have 75 rdm. You shouldn't pay for aptants or any pigment outside of ebur as you can easily solo them.

Myself I just bought the base ebon stuff since I would've had to find a crafting anyways to make it and taking the time to farm that and a crafter was easier to do that. Aptant was super easy to do once I got used to the whole kiting a mob that mostly just melees and always runs as fast as I do. Ebur pigment isn't soloable but I've seen the vampyre killed by 4 rdm/nins in about 30-40 min several times and bought a couple for 200k each.

Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Fivestarplayer 2010-05-09 02:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I made some boots for my blm...went like this...
Ebon Clogs + Aptant: Secan --> Ebon Sabots
...aptant was off a nm doll in fei'yin
Ebon Sabots + Ebur Pigment --> Ebur Sabots
Ebur Sabots + mordant 75 HQ for size 5 slot (soloed synergy)
Ebur Sabots + mordant 75 HQ for second size 5 slot (soloed synergy)
Ebur Sabots + mordant 75 HQ for third size 5 slot (needed 2 additional people)

there is lack of information, but it can all be pieced together.
Your best bet is to get the ebur pigment, it allows for the biggest range of evolith slot to be etched, and bigger range of elements.

My boots have
1) vs. Amorphs: Magic Attack Bonus +2
2) vs. Amorphs: Magic Accuracy +5
3) Ice Elemental Magic: Magic Critical Hit Rate +3

yes...very lol but...i was bored and needed something to do
 Cerberus.Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2010-05-09 03:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't talking about paying for aptants and pigments. I was just referring to etching and reverting over and over to find out. I didn't realize the lesser pieces had the same slots sizes/elements since the bodies have different stuff. :D
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-09 04:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering the exact same thing a little while ago actually, that link would have answered all my questions Das, no idea the rest of your post is going on about though <_<.

Kinda disappointing that only the Ebur has the highest slots, I thought they were just different element options with each of the three colours.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-09 06:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The rest of my post was the comment on spending millions to get aptants gear and pigments when he can readily solo all of that except ebur pigment. Hell he can probably solo the synth items too though I haven't looked into what those exact peices require. And even ebur shouldn't be too hard to get ahold of.

Yeah kinda sad about ebur. Though for some jobs (rng) you really don't need anywhere near the max slots to get the max stat on that slot.

Though it is the only way to get racc AND ratt. Not to mention the only way to put something awesome that is magic related on it!!! Well guess you can do hp/mp now since FOV has those evoliths now.

Interestingly the base armors is pretty much the only peices outside of 1-2 that can get the -2hr recast slot. Too bad most 2hrs can only be lowered by 1 min per evolith and even the few that get higher can only get 2. Doubt it would be worth the effort and money to get 5 peices of gear solely for lowering 1 2hrs recast by 5-10min lol
 Cerberus.Auspice
By Cerberus.Auspice 2010-05-09 15:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, I didn't say spending millions of gil on pigments, I said getting millions of pigments/aptants for testing what the etchings looked like for all 3 colors.

I'm not even bothering to etch my RNG gear with the magic slots until the next update, hopefully they will add a Ninjutsu recast down or something and hopefully add bigger evolith sizes so I can max out the potential of my gear.