First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 224 225 226
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-03-19 00:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kjotu said: »
Even without spreadsheeting it, fairly certain Agoge are better than Pummelers.

Well I'm actually comparing fully augmented Path A Xaddi to Agoge(+1), and it's not as clear cut because I'm only worried about Conqueror, so DA/DA damage become less useful. Thanks for the info on DA damage. I'll update this post later with the set I come up with.

Edit: What I came up with for Tojil with march x2 and minuetx3 using pizza, since that's what I usually have in Delve with my 6-man group. STP path Xaddi pieces. Lots and lots of swaps that are extremely marginal losses in DPS, including goading/cetl belt, Mes. Hauby, Pummerler's Cuisses+1, Ejekemal boots, and I forget what else.

ItemSet 321043
 Asura.Kjotu
Server: Asura
user: kjLotus
By Asura.Kjotu 2014-03-19 01:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ayrendel said: »
I'm only worried about Conqueror, so DA/DA damage become less useful.

Sorry, I was testing with Ragnarok and yea, I can see it being much less useful with AM3/Mythic
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-03-19 02:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm actually comparing fully augmented Path A Xaddi to Agoge(+1), and it's not as clear cut because I'm only worried about Conqueror, so DA/DA damage become less useful. Thanks for the info on DA damage. I'll update this post later with the set I come up with.

Edit: What I came up with for Tojil with march x2 and minuetx3 using pizza, since that's what I usually have in Delve with my 6-man group. STP path Xaddi pieces. Lots and lots of swaps that are extremely marginal losses in DPS, including goading/cetl belt, Mes. Hauby, Pummerler's Cuisses+1, Ejekemal boots, and I forget what else.

ItemSet 321043

Just a few questions about the set. Upfront, I'm not much of a spreadsheet wizard.

Why 39 STP? Only need 32 (assuming a 20+ return on WS) to maintain a 5 hit. Wouldn't Windbuffet, DA earring set, or even a different grip provide a bit more? Doing the belt would lower you to 25% haste, but seeing as it's a set for Tojil, you'll have Ionis for that last 1% haste to cap. Edit: On a second look, you're at 55 MP, with Ionis at 105 MP. Not sure what your WS set may look like, but if it remains above that MP mark, Onieros Ring would even be an option.

Any minor accuracy swaps for harder content? I haven't seen any evasion numbers for any of the 122-125 mobs or NMs, but I'd imagine with the described buffs/food, it'd be lacking.

Been working on updating my sets, and the sudden access to STP in multiple slots is really opening things up to include more MA, but I'm finding it difficult to keep a balance of acc mixed in so anything beyond Delve 1.0 or Skirmish v3 isn't a whiff fest.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-03-19 03:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The two reasons I was looking at editing sets today was to switch out Valk. Breastplate for an ilvl body, and the fact that I thought Xaddi would be a better match than Mes. Haub. due to the available STP, and the potential to use Windbuffet. The set above I just threw together and haven't taken the time to analyze why certain pieces were winning, but I can say that it's currently messed up because I had a typo in adding Xaddi body's haste. My inclination is that the set above with windbuffet and pummeler's+1 swapped in will be the winner when corrected.

If acc was needed, I'd probably not be that hesitant to drop my concerns for maintaining a 5-hit, since tp overflow on Conq tends to be ridiculous anyway. Some acc swaps would be anguinus belt or the new belt from delve, the new 13acc necklace, Mes. hauby, Delve DA set, Patricius/Mars's ring, Yaoyotl helm, etc. I also have a 9acc/4pdt augment on my cizin+1 hands that I'm pretty happy with since 2DA isn't very desirable for Conqueror.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-03-19 06:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shuinam said: »
R15 gives STP+3 as final augment on Body. Max augments on hands. Carbonara.

ItemSet 321011

Could swap ammo to White tathlum, feet to mikinaak and use any food you need, if you are doing mid acc content. Maybe just the boots depending on how the numbers end up rounding.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-03-19 11:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got Iclamar +2 last night with a aug of +26 dmg, double att and weapon skill crit +... I don't see why this great axe isn't up with the rest. Hits like a beast.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2014-03-19 13:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »

ItemSet 321043

Just a few questions about the set. Upfront, I'm not much of a spreadsheet wizard.

Why 39 STP? Only need 32 (assuming a 20+ return on WS) to maintain a 5 hit. Wouldn't Windbuffet, DA earring set, or even a different grip provide a bit more? Doing the belt would lower you to 25% haste, but seeing as it's a set for Tojil, you'll have Ionis for that last 1% haste to cap. Edit: On a second look, you're at 55 MP, with Ionis at 105 MP. Not sure what your WS set may look like, but if it remains above that MP mark, Onieros Ring would even be an option.

Any minor accuracy swaps for harder content? I haven't seen any evasion numbers for any of the 122-125 mobs or NMs, but I'd imagine with the described buffs/food, it'd be lacking.

Been working on updating my sets, and the sudden access to STP in multiple slots is really opening things up to include more MA, but I'm finding it difficult to keep a balance of acc mixed in so anything beyond Delve 1.0 or Skirmish v3 isn't a whiff fest.

with regard to stp, it does seem the set posted is way over:(someone check my math)

for a 504 you need 31 stp in to set and 17 for two hit Ws or 10 for three hit.

for 488 its 37, 22 and 14

for 482 its 39, 24 and 16

obviously tweek the above if you have extra stp in either TP sets or WS.

anyone find more info on various paths for new delve armor for war?
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-03-19 14:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming this post is correct, your not actually capping haste i think without ionis.

Furthermore, as said earlier i think, agoge cuisses +1 are probably better then pumm. cuisses +1, even the NQ may be better then pumm., the spreadsheet isn't setup to show the bonus for this the last time i checked.

Also lentus grip is an option, that can increase dps and require even less store tp, but not always ideal probably.
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2014-03-20 11:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to add another bit of Xaddi Info. Saw in game "Xaddi Gauntlets" Path "C" with rank 15 stats of: +15 Accuracy, +3 STP, and +2% Double Attack.
Taking into consideration the base +5 acc, and +24 DEX those seem like a nice solid accuracy piece, and added sprinkles of Double Attack.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-03-20 21:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Path B, assuming it's the same on all pieces, is HP45 Acc+15 PDT+3
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-03-20 21:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
Furthermore, as said earlier i think, agoge cuisses +1 are probably better then pumm. cuisses +1, even the NQ may be better then pumm., the spreadsheet isn't setup to show the bonus for this the last time i checked.

I adjusted the spreadsheet to account for Agoge +1 and they were complete garbage with AM3 up.
By amadis 2014-03-21 05:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bahtbaht said: »
Wanted to add another bit of Xaddi Info. Saw in game "Xaddi Gauntlets" Path "C" with rank 15 stats of: +15 Accuracy, +3 STP, and +2% Double Attack.
Taking into consideration the base +5 acc, and +24 DEX those seem like a nice solid accuracy piece, and added sprinkles of Double Attack.

wow they are going to be a great piece
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-03-21 15:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

JP Wiki lists Path C for all Xaddi gear as being VIT+12 PDT+5 MDT+3. I'm guessing this is the Path C for body. Path C for head starts out giving Acc and DEX as the first 2 augments, and legs rank 1 Path C give HP+5 Evasion +1 Magic Evasion +1, so likely not useful.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-03-21 15:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »

I adjusted the spreadsheet to account for Agoge +1 and they were complete garbage with AM3 up.

I can't see Agoge +1 being worse then Pummeler's +1, its 1% less double attack and your talking AM3, unless your accuracy is bad to begin with, are you sure you added it correctly with the added damage to double attacks?
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-03-21 15:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

=IF(Gear!B16="Agoge Cuisses +1", 7% * (B207*B200 + B208*B202),0) ) + B178 * (B207*B200 + B208*B202)

Seems to be working fine. Went ahead and made the +1 Agoge legs just to play with in game and see how they hold up.
 Asura.Kjotu
By Asura.Kjotu 2014-03-21 16:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

=IF(Gear!B16="Agoge Cuisses +1", 7% * (B207*B200 + B208*B202),0) ) + B178 * (B207*B200 + B208*B202)

Seems to be working fine. Went ahead and made the +1 Agoge legs just to play with in game and see how they hold up.

Using the set you posted earlier, I have Agoge+1 being slightly ahead of Pummelers+1 with AM3 up. From a mathetmatical standpoint, I cannot possibly see 7% DA damage being worse than 1% DA unless your effective DA rate is *extremely* low (less than 15%). And that's not even including Agoge's better base stats.
[+]
 Odin.Shuinam
Server: Odin
user: Tyrael
By Odin.Shuinam 2014-03-22 17:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

TP

ItemSet 321011

Body A15 Att15/Eva15/Stp+3
Hands C15 Acc15/STP3/DA2

Upheaval

ItemSet 321311

Any improvements/suggestion greatly appreciated.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2014-03-22 18:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

TP

ItemSet 321011

Hands C15 Acc15/STP3/DA2

Upheaval

ItemSet 321311

I would Ws in yaotl helm or the path c gloves, you are three stp short of 5 hit if you miss one of upheaval hits.
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2014-03-23 09:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have Qualgwer yet. Can it be upgraded with Airlixirs, or is it static like previous boss weapons? Also, is the Retaliation modifier a boost to Retaliation rate or Retaliation damage?
By ClaudeusXI 2014-03-23 11:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Any C path R15 info on Head, Legs and Feet yet for Xaddi set?
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-03-23 12:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconfat said: »
is the Retaliation modifier a boost to Retaliation rate or Retaliation damage?

Retaliation damage. Like all boss gear, you can't upgrade it. Other than the PDT and Retaliation, you're really just trading off -1 damage and -3 VIT for +12 STR using it instead of Castigation.

Path C Xaddi feet give Attack+15 STR+7 DA+2. I haven't bothered dumping airlixirs into them, but legs start out giving evasion and magic evasion at rank 1, and head gives DEX and accuracy.
 Ragnarok.Baconfat
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconfat 2014-03-23 13:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth noting too that path A upgrade on Lekboza has added damage as the third augment, putting it equal to Qalgwer in base damage (for those like me who can't get Qalgwer yet). First augment is attack and second is STR, so it's not a bad alternative.
By macsdf1 2014-03-23 23:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

+20 dmg or +20% dmg on retaliation hehe?
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2014-03-24 16:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

TP

ItemSet 321011

Hands C15 Acc15/STP3/DA2

Upheaval

ItemSet 321311

For Upheaval, Oneiros pebble man!
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-28 01:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
+20 dmg or +20% dmg on retaliation hehe?

That's a very good question:

It needs more testing.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-28 05:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

retaliations won't say when they crit, those attacks are just about 20 damage more than your normal crits, not 200 like 20% would be.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-03-28 12:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Reforged AF 119 hands read "Retaliation" +15, i've tested this myself to determine its actually +15%, and stacks with feet which are +20%, for a total of +35%. The description on this great axe reads just like that on the hands, so i'm going to assume its 20% until proven otherwise. If that assumption is correct, i would be curious if there was a cap on retaliation damage+ now that a potentially 55% increase is possible with all 3 pieces. Not that it matters as much post-abyssea, that great axe would make RMT cleavers wet.

I don't feel like spending plasm on this great axe to test it myself just yet, since i have no other use for the great axe currently other then said test.
By macsdf1 2014-03-28 22:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

55% would be noticible hehe. But yeah that gaxe is made for cleaving, it's even got 5% pdt on it.

I have it though guess i can try it out.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-03-30 03:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Retaliation! The answer to the question is this great axe +20 or +20%.

Prior testing i did before the great axe existed is here.

Using the same method with the great axe:

Qalgwer
Target: Hannequet (Black Mandragora, Abyssea Attohwa)
Job/SJ: WAR/DNC
STR: 272
Crit.Hit Rate: 100%
Max Crit: 1346
Total Crits: 91
Retaliation Count: 19
Retaliation Max: 1610
-Shows about a 20%(19.6%) increase in damage.

Ravager's Calligae +2 + Pummler's Mufflers +1 + Qalgwer
Target: Hannequet (Black Mandragora, Abyssea Attohwa)
Job/SJ: WAR/DNC
STR: 261
Crit.Hit Rate: 100%
Max Crit: 1443
Total Crits: 56
Retaliation Count: 17
Retaliation Max: 2231
-Shows about a 55%(54.6%) increase in damage, indicating they all stack like indicated in prior testing of hands and feet, and there seems to be no cap that is obtainable anyway.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kjotu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Kjotu 2014-03-30 15:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

TP

ItemSet 321011

Hands C15 Acc15/STP3/DA2

Upheaval

ItemSet 321311

Paeapua -> Yetshila (+1)
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 224 225 226