Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-21 23:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Scare said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Sylph.Scare said: »
Just a couple pages back I believe they said that accuracy wasn't really an issue while dual wielding. I also mean for higher tier content with buffs. I reserve higher accuracy sets to a group swap in spellcast. Thanks for the reply though.

Use the new eminent axe. The ideal Tp set will depend on buffs, you only need 31~32% DW to hit delay floor if your getting haste spell and double +5 march's. /NIN provides 25% on it's own so you just gotta pickup ~7% more, usually through the earring combo. I'll post my set later once I've sorted it with recent gear additions, it's what I'm using until I get 119 Rag or the new 119 GAXE.

I'm still waiting for your set :P. At least you know im patient.
Apologize for the delay been busy. On phone atm, when I get home I will post it.

ItemSet 317279

This set is mostly focused on accuracy and staying alive, SKCNM's and AA fights. Bure mitts, Mars ring, Dynamic belt are also options. I don't have a celt belt but that's also on the table. I also though about Patentia sash but had serious reservations based on magic haste cap, DW and hitting the delay floor. It's between 32~35% that you hit the floor with haste spell, +5 march's and capped gear haste so Brutal + Patentia + Suppa might be the better overall setup, I don't have a Patentia and I'm not willing to spend that money on what is mostly an interim set.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-01-10 14:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

what would serve warrior better for reduced damage taken?
the cizin set assuming at-least 3% -pdt on each piece (lower stats, higher -pdt)
or the new set from sparks, Outrider's with the set bonus (lower -pdt but higher stats)?
 Quetzalcoatl.Pompeii
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: utbmw
By Quetzalcoatl.Pompeii 2014-01-16 15:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

any updated spellcasts with new gear as of 1-16-2014?
I love the complex one from Bokura but its not up to date and is a bit complex for me to mess with. I messed up old one trying to updat it >.>
By tallica 2014-01-25 05:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely using the spreedsheet wrong, so someone please help me out. Keep in mind, I'm VERY new to this. I entered equip I was using and I was getting more out of this than what is posted for Bravura.
Otomi/Pole/
Ravagers/asperity/Steelflash/Bladeborn
Pum+1/Cizin(max)/K'ayres/Rajas
Atheling/Windbuffet/Pum+1/Pum+1

I know I can upgrade pole to Dup and Athling to Mauler's, but that would raise the DPS on both so not really talking about it. This set gives me more dmg total on the spreedsheet (if I'm using it correctly) than the set posted on page 36. What am I doing wrong?
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-01-30 22:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 319201

Armada 6 stp 2 DA
Cizin 2 DA
Carbonara (Edited thanks for catching this^^)

Bravura

Is even better then your set and the one posted. This is assuming normal Marches x2, Minuets x2, and Cor Rolls (Chaos and Fighters) w/ and w/out Ionis. Subbing Sam this is a solid 5 hit and uses the Max Upheaval set posted earlier and below.

A major thing with these spreadsheets and random sets that are posted are the buffs that we give ourselves.

The most ppl can count on are 2 brd songs, but given almost any 18 man event 4 songs and cor buffs. Geo, 4-8 songs, boost-str, and embrava at most (JAs are used based play style, ofc).
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-01-30 22:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 285786

Ws set still stands with carbonara (Super edited from my original post)
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-01-30 23:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How many hits of upheaval are you assuming land?
By Kyler 2014-01-31 00:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently 5... Laf
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-01-31 00:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Swapped food to carbonara and you only need first and an additional hit to land.

Need carbonara for 45 stp (6 stp? from carbonara) and 21.1 per hit.
By Kyler 2014-01-31 00:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Better with that note
Main hit +2 pretty realistic.

Also keeps your 5 hit with metatron which is a bonus.
 Fenrir.Khayle
Server: Fenrir
user: Khayle
By Fenrir.Khayle 2014-01-31 09:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any Metatron Torment WS builds and King's Justice? Also Looking for Max/High Ragnarok tp build and WS. I seen partial sets but nothing as definitive as the usage of Great Axes. Thank you.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-02-08 18:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Pompeii said: »
any updated spellcasts with new gear as of 1-16-2014?
I love the complex one from Bokura but its not up to date and is a bit complex for me to mess with. I messed up old one trying to updat it >.>

Bokura just updated his pastebin with brand new gearswap for WAR(among many other jobs.) I suggest taking a look into that.

If anyone else has a gearswap they'd like put in the guide, PM or post it here.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-02-09 18:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much for those, was a big fan of his xmls.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-02-09 22:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone else having trouble with the job ability sets that are in Bokura's gearswap.

Also all the bravura sets are mislabeled Bravua (missing the second r)

Other then that WS, Ragnarok sets are working great.
I haven't tried the toggles yet either.

Big props to Bokura for setting this up!
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-02-11 16:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah JA's dont work but changing all JA rules this way fixes it.

To: sets.JA.Focus = {head="Anchorite's Crown"}
derp on my behalf.

Awesome work tho, big thanks to Bokura, simple and clear lua files that still cover everything needed just like his sc xml's.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-02-12 07:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The original language seems to be fine. ["job ability"]
Pumm. needs to be Pummeler's
War. needs to be Warrior's
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-02-20 08:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been modernizing my war to increase my jobs available for delve. looking for improvements to this:

/sam, 7hit, 26 STP WS, 28 STP TP, assumes 3 hits on Reso. This is not whats in my sets, but the minimum STP values unless WS TP changes. There's better feet than kari +1 so I've assumed the improved WS set will have 26 STP instead of 31. Delve tier content, march/march/chaos/fighters

TP - currently 31 STP
ragna 119/pole/-/ravagers
yao/ravagers/steelflash/bladeborn
pumm +1/Pumm +1/rajas/k'ayres
Atheling/windbuffet/pumm +1/ravager's +2

WS - -currently 31 STP
yao/breeze/SF/BB
pumm +1/pumm +1/rajas/pyrosoul
atheling/breeze/pumm+1/kari +1

Obvious:

WS feet - pumm +1 vs whirlpool vs agoge +1 vs ?

TP feet - 4% haste isn't hard to find, what would outweigh the 10% crit dmg besides huginn?

neck - waiting on shark win for asperity, not 100% sure how best to make use of the extra STP when I do get it, swap k'ayres for mars? I may just lowman the nm outside fracture if it makes a big enough difference.

back - Maulers doesn't want to drop, but I'm stubborn and will have it. I understand it can be situational vs atheling anyway, but maulers when acc is needed.

lolduplus

Ammo - Honed if ACC needed, ravagers still best str/atk?

food - will I need sushi without any acc buffs?

Other "X if acc needed" options?

Thank you in advance.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-02-20 09:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sushi for MB, meat should be fine for rest. WAR is not on honed, Fire bomblet is your next best bet. If you need moar acc Letalis Mantle and Anguinis Belt are 2 good options. Buremte gloves, Mars's ring, and various neck options also have acc on em also for stuff like HM and MR Ark Angel fights.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-02-20 11:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Razorfury hold up? Assuming Ukko's is unlocked?
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2014-02-21 15:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For the bravura set, would Brutal/Tripudio work then either not use carb or swap out hands/feet?
By Voren 2014-02-23 01:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kind of surprised that iclamar +2 isn't listed in the front page as a possibility for a great axe. I'm not sure how easy it is to +2 the skirmish weapons, but getting +1 was easy.

Can also easily get a 5-hit build with it as well, not to mention if the dmg augments on it are anywhere near on par with what they were on +1 it will be just under Castigation.

There's probably some improvements that can be made, was trying to see what might be BiS for this build, but it's functionally decent considering with /SAM it's at 50STP, capped haste, and some double attack.

ItemSet 319980
By Kyler 2014-02-23 03:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
I'm kind of surprised that iclamar +2 isn't listed in the front page as a possibility for a great axe. I'm not sure how easy it is to +2 the skirmish weapons, but getting +1 was easy.

Can also easily get a 5-hit build with it as well, not to mention if the dmg augments on it are anywhere near on par with what they were on +1 it will be just under Castigation.

There's probably some improvements that can be made, was trying to see what might be BiS for this build, but it's functionally decent considering with /SAM it's at 50STP, capped haste, and some double attack.

ItemSet 319980

Not sure if you just came back to the game or what, but it's still sub RME and hasn't even been out a week. Most people who bother making and posting sets for reference wouldn't be using it ever because of the better options.

It's not by any means horrible probably great for the semi casual as skirmish has never been difficult. 504 delay would be the same sets as Razorfury FYI
By Kyler 2014-02-23 03:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
I've been modernizing my war to increase my jobs available for delve. looking for improvements to this:

/sam, 7hit, 26 STP WS, 28 STP TP, assumes 3 hits on Reso. This is not whats in my sets, but the minimum STP values unless WS TP changes. There's better feet than kari +1 so I've assumed the improved WS set will have 26 STP instead of 31. Delve tier content, march/march/chaos/fighters

TP - currently 31 STP
yao/ravagers/steelflash/bladeborn
pumm +1/Pumm +1/rajas/k'ayres
Atheling/windbuffet/pumm +1/ravager's +2

WS - -currently 31 STP
yao/breeze/SF/BB
pumm +1/pumm +1/rajas/pyrosoul
atheling/breeze/pumm+1/kari +1

Obvious:

WS feet - pumm +1 vs whirlpool vs agoge +1 vs ?

TP feet - 4% haste isn't hard to find, what would outweigh the 10% crit dmg besides huginn?

neck - waiting on shark win for asperity, not 100% sure how best to make use of the extra STP when I do get it, swap k'ayres for mars? I may just lowman the nm outside fracture if it makes a big enough difference.

back - Maulers doesn't want to drop, but I'm stubborn and will have it. I understand it can be situational vs atheling anyway, but maulers when acc is needed.

lolduplus

Ammo - Honed if ACC needed, ravagers still best str/atk?

food - will I need sushi without any acc buffs?

Other "X if acc needed" options?

Thank you in advance.

6 hit reso in rajas brutal and grip obvies

ItemSet 284410

To 7 hit you only need 14stp for TP phase so, rajas, cizin mufflers (or K'ayres), steelflash bladeborn and either asperity necklace when you get it or white tathlum is very useful. Then you can wear as much acc or multiattack gear in every other slot as you want.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-02-23 03:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any decent iLevel gear for body on WAR other then Mikin Path A? Pummeler's +1 is kinda ok but no acc on body leaves it out of the most serious content.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-02-23 04:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Are there any decent iLevel gear for body on WAR other then Mikin Path A? Pummeler's +1 is kinda ok but no acc on body leaves it out of the most serious content.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/27886/mes-haubergeon
By Kyler 2014-02-23 14:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cizin mail isn't terrible especially with a good DA augment but yeah... Meso poops on everything and no existe.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-03-04 09:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best Resolution gear set available right now? TP & WS sets.

Assuming Ragnarok@119 and fully buffet for Legion/ADL/Delve.
 Odin.Shuinam
user: Tyrael
By Odin.Shuinam 2014-03-18 16:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

R15 gives STP+3 as final augment on Body. Max augments on hands.

ItemSet 321011
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-03-18 23:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a way of calculating the "Double attack damage" stat on reforged AF2 legs using the spreadsheet?
 Asura.Kjotu
Server: Asura
user: kjLotus
By Asura.Kjotu 2014-03-18 23:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ayrendel said: »
Anyone have a way of calculating the "Double attack damage" stat on reforged AF2 legs using the spreadsheet?

Put it with the rest of them - B209 and C209. I have it as "=IF(Gear!B6="Quiahuiz", 5% * (B207*B200 + B208*B202), IF(Gear!B16="Agoge Cuisses +1", 7% * (B207*B200 + B208*B202),0) ) + B178 * (B207*B200 + B208*B202)" in B209 and similar in C209.

Even without spreadsheeting it, fairly certain Agoge are better than Pummelers.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 224 225 226