hands="Boii mufflers +3",
ring1="Niqmaddu ring",
ring2="Karieyh ring +1",
back=STR_Back,
waist="Sailfi belt +1",
legs="Boii cuisses +3",
feet="Nyame sollerets"
}

STR_Back is just usual STR+30 WSD+10 cape.

What I've noticed is that you really don't want to WS under 1500 unless WC is up. It has very linear TP scaling so assuming you are properly buffed you can wait an extra attack round to hit 1500 or higher.

Use Niqmaddu ring over Sroda.
Probably stupid question, but I'll ask anyways. With the added tp bonus, it's 350, so need 1650tp to get to 2k. Why 1500?

It scales with TP, there aren't hard anchor points. ex. 1501 TP does more damage than 1500.
Oh...OHHHHHHH, this was not known by me...good to know. Thank you.
You as well, Godfry.

These WS's are very linear with TP damage growth, meaning you aren't penalized for holding TP past 1000. At standard buff values the 2s delay imposed by WS's starts to actually matter, so waiting another attack round (1.5~1.8s) gives you better total damage over time.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-03-22 19:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Shiva.Myamoto said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Yeah it won't actually matter for just about anything, just something to know

For what it's worth, I smacked apex frogs for 25 minutes with a set having 100% DA (I simply removed Coiste from my tp set and used a lower magic haste value to clearly see seperate attack rounds). Within that 25 minutes of smacking frogs, I did not see any single attack rounds. Only DA. So probably safe to assume 100% DA is actually 100%.

I would find it unlikely that within 25 minutes of nothing but auto attacks that the ~2-3% chance of a single attack round happening in theory of not being 103% just simply did not occur.

My assumption of needing 102% appears to be wrong.

Can you list which items you had on?

Previously myself and another WAR had exactly 100% worth, and had a few one hit attack rounds. It came out to 2~3% of the total. It might be a case of some pieces having slightly more or less then others. If +10% is 102/1024 then we can end up a few short, if it's 103/1024 then we'll be fine.

And yes every percentage in FFX is /1024, they be doing some old school binary magic on the servers to make multiplications and divisions cheaper CPU wise. It's stuff people did all the time on 80's and 90's consoles.

This is my generic TP set, for my brief testing that I posted about I simply removed Coiste Bodhar.
[+]
By Atrox78 2024-03-23 08:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »
Asura.Jenniferrr said: »
Apologies if this has already been covered but could folks post their Fimbulvetr sets? I briefly searched the forums and didn't see much except for the resolution setup with Helheim. Just stage three atm so testing is limited to sortie

Thanks!

I'm curious about that as well, I have a stage 4 Helheim, and I'm seeing it do less than my Tachi: Mumei on SAM (maybe because SAM gets TP way faster than 2 handed WAR does, making it easier to get over 1k TP, so MAYBE I should use /SAM instead of /DRG when wielding the greatsword for the extra store TP, meditate, etc.)?

This is what I'm using.

ItemSet 395213

Thanks for sharing. Contemplating this for my next stage 4 or, just going to stage 5 on the polearm. That said, have you compared this set against a full wsd set? For the polearm, I've noticed a dmg loss swapping in pdl gear above and beyond jse neck. I am on drg so there is more pdl available to me without swaping in oddy gear compared to warrior but the decrease in dmg has been significant enough when I do.

With jumps, it's very easy to cross 2k tp so maybe it would be more beneficial to ise pdl under that threshold? At any rate, I'm curious how other 2 handed prime jobs have faired balaning thier wsd sets.

Appreciate any opinions you could share.
By tallica 2024-04-19 12:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

For those with prime GA/GS, what are your tp sets looking like assuming harder content and sam/chaos?
Not sure if I should go empy route with crit in tp set because of the triple damage proc or your normal multi-attack/stp.
By Atrox78 2024-04-19 12:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

tallica said: »
For those with prime GA/GS, what are your tp sets looking like assuming harder content and sam/chaos?
Not sure if I should go empy route with crit in tp set because of the triple damage proc or your normal multi-attack/stp.

My recommendation would be 100% DA plus as much stp as you can squeeze in considering the disgusting boost in dmg at higher tp values.
[+]
By tallica 2024-04-19 13:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Atrox78 said: »

My recommendation would be 100% DA plus as much stp as you can squeeze in considering the disgusting boost in dmg at higher tp values.
This is what I'm using so far.
By Taint 2024-04-19 13:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use with great success:

ItemSet 394736
[+]
By tallica 2024-04-19 15:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been my set...so far.
ammo="Coiste Bodhar",
head="Hjarrandi Helm",
body="Boii Lorica +3",
hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
legs="Sakpata's Cuisses",
feet="Pummeler's Calligae +3",
neck="Warrior's Bead Necklace +2",
waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
left_ear="Schere Earring",
right_ear="Boii Earring +1",
left_ring="Lehko's Ring",
right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
back="Cichol's Mantle"
No maths involved, just what I've liked so far. I'm way over on haste, I'll make couple changes and see how it goes.
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-19 16:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 395448

(0 buffs or food):
- 1347 Accuracy
- 2026 Attack
- 101% DA (@0 merits)
- 0% TA
- 3% QA
- +51 STP (w/SAM sub)
- 30% Crit. Hit Rate
- 34% Haste (Gear)
- 26% Subtle Blow
- 5% Subtle Blow II
- -50% PDT
- -40% MDT
- -40% DT

It's a boring set, and while it isn't the absolute best damage output or fastest time between ws, I think it is the most well-rounded gearset for pretty much all content. But again, super boring.
[+]
By tallica 2024-04-19 16:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
ItemSet 395448

(0 buffs or food):
- 1347 Accuracy
- 2026 Attack
- 101% DA (@0 merits)
- 0% TA
- 3% QA
- +51 STP (w/SAM sub)
- 30% Crit. Hit Rate
- 34% Haste (Gear)
- 26% Subtle Blow
- 5% Subtle Blow II
- -50% PDT
- -40% MDT
- -40% DT

It's a boring set, and while it isn't the absolute best damage output or fastest time between ws, I think it is the most well-rounded gearset for pretty much all content. But again, super boring.
This is pretty much my dt set.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-04-19 16:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

what are your tp sets looking like assuming harder content

dt set or otherwise, it's probably what you should be in for harder content. Resisting negative status' and not dying will almost always result in larger overall damage increases than slightly more STP or white damage.
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-04-20 00:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
dt set or otherwise, it's probably what you should be in for harder content. Resisting negative status' and not dying will almost always result in larger overall damage increases than slightly more STP or white damage.

Pretty much how I feel. Everything endgame debuffs the *** out of you or nukes the *** out of you and it's all AoE. There's almost no point in wearing anything but full Sakpata if you are a job that can. I will slip Boii body on for Gaxe sets because it's too enticing to give up and at least has the DT and decent MEVA. I tell myself if it's just one pieces, it's only a small bit of MEVA loss, but I still feel bad about it.

Tatena and Flamma belong right in the trash. Their DPS stats are so good, but I am never fighting anything it's safe to use them on since they have half or less MEVA. They are gonna get you killed. I do technically still have a glass cannon set that's only 30% DT with those ***MEVA pieces in it, but I never swap to it. Generally anything that is weak enough to let you DPS in that stuff will also die fast enough it won't matter if you kill the tiniest bit slower.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-20 10:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I always laugh at warriors sitting there with Mighty Strikes up, amnesiad and can't WS because they decided to TP in hjarrandi or some ***for "better dps".

Great DPS not WSing during your 1hr.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 225 226