The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 224 225 226
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2014-04-01 23:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For Brav/Ukon users how many are considering using oneiros now that you pick up 50 mp just from ionis? Additionally at least a few pieces of gear now carry mp on them as well. Depending on gear, you could easily get by with 5-7 mp merits depending on zone.

(i say Brav/Ukon because 504 GAX will need stp rings x2 to 5 hit. Brav/Ukon 5 hit is a bit too much of a sacrifice to get to so its becomes more plausible)
By Fing 2014-04-02 17:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lentus grip is the answer to 5 hit ukon
By Kyler 2014-04-03 01:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can already 5 hit ukon with bloodrain and nothing you can swap to make lentus any more appealing.
By amadis 2014-04-03 13:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kjotu said: »
Paeapua -> Yetshila (+1)
Even with Crit rate bonus of Rag or Conq?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-03 16:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

amadis said: »
Paeapua -> Yetshila (+1)

I'd have to agree with you, at least with Conq. WAR already gets such a ridiculous amount of DA that it waters down any additional MA. I can't see the Paeapua raising TP damage by more then 1% while I can see the Yetshila getting 1~2%.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
Server: Phoenix
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2014-04-03 20:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Paeapua -> Yetshila (+1)

I'd have to agree with you, at least with Conq. WAR already gets such a ridiculous amount of DA that it waters down any additional MA. I can't see the Paeapua raising TP damage by more then 1% while I can see the Yetshila getting 1~2%.

You guys know he was saying to switch from Paepua to Yetshila? lol
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-04 04:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ayrendel said: »
Paeapua -> Yetshila (+1)

Haha it looked like he was saying Paepua was greater then Yetshila. My bad
 Leviathan.Kjotu
Server: Leviathan
user: kjLotus
By Leviathan.Kjotu 2014-04-04 10:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ayrendel said: »
Paeapua -> Yetshila (+1)

no wonder I was so confused..

Yetshila +1 sheeted about 10 dps (!!) higher than Paeapua with a regular GA. With Rag/Conq, it's just completely off the rails
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-04-05 22:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the Highest Tier sets for Conqueror and Ukonvasara in the guide. Let me know if I missed anything.

If anyone has a blueprint set for a optimal Bravura TP set they'd mind sharing, It'd be much appreciated. For now I'd just assume a Bravura set would be generally the same as the Ukonvasara sets.
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2014-04-06 00:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if anyone has any idea if the Agoge Cuisses +1 DA damage procs on WS this time? I would assume not, but I saw in the monk threads awhile ago that lion legs were potentially procing on WS's.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-06 00:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lion legs don't proc on WS
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2014-04-06 00:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Oh alright, I didn't read much after that, didn't think about it till Agoge +1 came out. Thanks for the quick reply.
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-04-06 00:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I been having Ukko's Fury come out way ahead of Upheaval in practice during Yorcia delve runs with Conqueror, and mes. haub is ahead of phorcys korazin for Ukko as well on just about anything but fodder.

The posted Ukko sets net a TP return of 17.9 if you land 2 hits of Ukko, and 20.2 TP per hit for a total of 98.7 TP. If you land 3 hits completely depending on a twice proc or DA, then your still coming up at 99.9 TP. So i'm going to assume the sets are based on upheaval, or just not accounting for xhit anymore, but we might be better off gearing more around Ukko TP returns with Conq, given that it seems to perform better already.
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-04-06 05:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fiv, are you doing low man (lower buff) yorcia? I tend to find Upheaval pulls ahead of Ukko's under capped attack situations. I don't have a conq so I can't contribute towards that, but certainly with ukon, low man tojil runs ukko's wins by a fair chunk, excluding mighty strikes of course.
By Yandaime 2014-04-06 18:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Hmm so would this mean Agoge Legs wont offer a DA Damage boost to WS either? Or simply needs more testing? If these don't work for WS, I'm not gonna bother making them if they are only a little bit better than AF 119.
Anyone know of any testing on Relic 119 Legs on WS yet?
By Airwave 2014-04-08 08:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone please post some up-to-date Warrior Ragnarok sets? (Mainly TP, but WS sets would be appreciated too) I noticed that Kyler posted one a couple of pages ago but other then that they are totally MIA it seems ;/

Thanks in advance guys
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2014-04-08 13:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ejinn, just a small question & comment about the guide sets.
Is there any particular reason you use Breeze/Flame Gorgets/Belts in the Ukko's Fury and Upheaval WS sets?

Given that Warriors should have access to both WS's at this time (even if not using Ukonvasara), wouldn't it be better to use a Light Gorget + Light Belt for both WS? Since (if I've read the available information correctly) both weapon skills are influenced by them, and has the added bonus of +2 inventory savings?

Also giving new players to the game or the job the added bonus of less or more easily directed farming time for the items?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-08 13:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally you will see guide makers post a set with 2 different elemental pieces, thunder gorget and flame belt for example. That doesn't mean that's what they actually use, it's an easy way of showing what elements work, assuming everyone doesn't own every piece.
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2014-04-08 13:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Generally you will see guide makers post a set with 2 different elemental pieces, thunder gorget and flame belt for example. That doesn't mean that's what they actually use, it's an easy way of showing what elements work, assuming everyone doesn't own every piece.

I understand perfectly Jassik, Ejinn has written an amazing guide, it has helped me very much over my own WAR leveling and gearing. He even provides footnotes for alternatives, wouldn't this be a perfect small example of a footnote to be added in those sets? Just because experienced players would know that, I personally wouldn't make the mistake of assuming that all players would know that information.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-08 13:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bahtbaht said: »

I understand perfectly Jassik, Ejinn has written an amazing guide, it has helped me very much over my own WAR leveling and gearing. He even provides footnotes for alternatives, wouldn't this be a perfect small example of a footnote to be added in those sets? Just because experienced players would know that, I personally wouldn't make the mistake of assuming that all players would know that information.

I suppose that's his discretion, but if elemental pieces are called for, I'd imagine people would be able to look up which work for the particular combination of skills they are using.

I personally use Thunder gorget/belt as they work for Ukko's and Resolution, and I only carry light gorget/belt if I know I'll be using Upheaval AND will need them for accuracy purposes.
 Asura.Gippali
Server: Asura
user: Gippali
By Asura.Gippali 2014-04-08 14:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bahtbaht said: »

I suppose that's his discretion, but if elemental pieces are called for, I'd imagine people would be able to look up which work for the particular combination of skills they are using.

I personally use Thunder gorget/belt as they work for Ukko's and Resolution, and I only carry light gorget/belt if I know I'll be using Upheaval AND will need them for accuracy purposes.

I believe the ffxiclopedia site has it. If you look at each weaponskill it will have bullet points with which elemental gorgets/belts work.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-08 14:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

you can also look at the gorget/belt and see a list of all the weaponskills that it works with. most people should be able to get away with 2-3 of them for all the weaponskills they are useful for.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-08 14:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I paired Qaui. Helm and Agoge Cuisses +1 and I noticed that my second attack of a double attack was doing less damage than the first.

When I removed a piece everything worked fine. Anyone else notice this?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-09 04:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As a non-REM user, would it be correct to say that Minos is now best non-REM GA? Admittedly there's not a lot between the various 119 GAs but I'm currently using Razorfury so any of them would be an upgrade.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-04-09 06:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Ejiin for the updated Warrior sets, much appreciated!

Still waiting for those Ragnarok and Bravura sets.
[+]
By amadis 2014-04-10 06:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What would the best offhand be for dual wield WAR using Ruinator with the new delve axe?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-04-10 21:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok and 504 Delay sets updated in the Highest Tier section.

Made a few adjustments based on the suggestions above. As always, let me know if you have a set coming out ahead of anything posted while being as specific as possible with any recommended adjustments or corrections.
[+]
By Airwave 2014-04-11 10:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot for the Rag sets!

I've been using Mikinaak Gauntlets Type: A for Resolution for low acc situations. Do Pumm. Mufflers +1 really pull ahead of those or were the Mikinaak overlooked?

Thanks in advance

*Edit*

Also what are some alternatives to Huginn Feet for Low-Mid TP sets if you don't have them? Pumm. +1 Feet seem to leave you at 25% haste.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-19 23:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see a mighty strikes resolution set, how does this set look? I don't have mote's sheets on this computer so I couldn't compare Crit DMG aug Osode/Hecatomb mittens to the newer gear, how do they stack up?

ItemSet 322650
 Leviathan.Kronser
Server: Leviathan
user: Kronser
By Leviathan.Kronser 2014-04-25 13:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a update SpellCast for war
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 224 225 226