Place Your Midterm Election Bets.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32
By fonewear 2014-11-14 11:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama is the leveled headed father I never met !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-14 11:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Moderate liberal is too extreme I suppose, shows how far in the right wing they are.

After loosing so big last week, the voting majority thinks you're too liberal. but again keep giving them the finger, I'm sure they'll forget.

Your text to link here...

Edit: Someone clearly doesn't understand how congressional voting districts work.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-14 11:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

After loosing so big last week

loosing

'loosing' means to loose an arrow. loose is something that is not tight.

'losing' is not winning a contest.

you are a spelling loser, not a looser.
By fonewear 2014-11-14 11:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you proofread a paper for me ? My spell checker is in the shop being repaired.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-14 11:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Can you proofread a paper for me ? My spell checker is in the shop being repaired.

as long as it's short & interesting!

generally I don't care, but c'mon man, those are two totally different words.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-14 11:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have Obama sing me off !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-11-14 11:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

A thoughtful and well said answer, good job.
Liberalism 105: When somebody counters your flawed point, respond by using strawman tactics and/or attempts to ridicule by replacing their words with somebody else's.
By fonewear 2014-11-14 11:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Maps are a serious issue these days don't make fun. Some people in The Iraq don't have them. That is why we need to Create Education Better !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-14 11:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

A thoughtful and well said answer, good job.
Liberalism 105: When somebody counters your flawed point, respond by using strawman tactics and/or attempts to ridicule by replacing their words with somebody else's.

All you did was pop in after someone else failed at making a point and yelled "yeah!". You made no point, you never make a point.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-14 11:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

There are at least 2 other grammatical errors and some rather poor syntax in that 2 sentence response.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-14 11:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There are at least 2 other grammatical errors and some rather poor syntax in that 2 sentence response.

Alert your local high school English teacher we will have that fixed in no time !

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-14 11:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Alert your local high school English teacher we will have that fixed in no time !
Sorry, he's on break...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-14 11:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What I think he's saying is that the American voters are rejecting liberal policies, as evidenced by the number of districts that voted out Democrat congressmen in favor of Republicans. And yet, after this clear evidence of rejection, liberals are still saying it's the conservatives that are the problem, thus giving the proverbial middle finger to the American public and addressing none of the issues that lost them the Senate.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-14 11:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yet all words were written as intended...

(I'll kill you)
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-14 12:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
What I think he's saying is that the American voters are rejecting liberal policies, as evidenced by the number of districts that voted out Democrat congressmen in favor of Republicans. And yet, after this clear evidence of rejection, liberals are still saying it's the conservatives that are the problem, thus giving the proverbial middle finger to the American public and addressing none of the issues that lost them the Senate.

Both parties are the problem. If nothing else, the main stage is distracting people from the stage where most policies actually happen; Statehouses. Parties cycle in the House and Senate on pretty regular intervals, and a handful of districts changing hands is hardly the majority of voters. In all the contested Senate elections combined, only a few million people had any real voice. There are more people in prison than who's votes mattered in this midterm. Neither party has any incentive to do any real work, nobody cares to compromise, and I'd wager that most have more to gain from political theater than actual politics.

So, saying that America rejected liberal or conservative policies based on this election or any other is comical, especially when you consider the actuality of the 2 parties' policies without blindly labeling Republican policies conservative and Democrat policies liberal.
By fonewear 2014-11-14 12:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 ... 31 32