Place Your Midterm Election Bets.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
Place Your Midterm Election Bets.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-27 11:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Nasui you wouldn't know a communist if one bit you in the ankle.
Let me guess, you recently bit him on the ankle and are proud of it?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-27 12:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Hopefully this is good news for Massachusetts!

Personally Martha Coakley reminds me too much of Alice Drummond (Ray Finkle's mom in Ace Ventura) to get my vote. Plus she's a communist.

Long ago, in my wonderfully misspent youth, I could distinguish between at least 9 flavors of communists by year and vineyard.

All communists say that you know.
 Odin.Stormcroww
Server: Odin
By Odin.Stormcroww 2014-10-27 12:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama educating the American people we have had it all wrong the the 22nd amendment is not so much a constitutional rule, as it is more of a guideline. Hence Obama releases the following message.
"Why I understand the 22nd amendment, and acknowledge it's existence. I am imposing upon and informing the American people of the Bilateral Limitless Obama Within-forth Measure Exemption. or B.L.O.W.M.E. act. of 2015. Eliminating any measure of term on Obama leadership restrictions hence forth. Hugely popular with Obama supporters. Extending his leadership term.....
YouTube Video Placeholder

By volkom 2014-10-27 12:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

please no.
 Asura.Akamatzu
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2014-10-27 12:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

no thanks, already taken some midterms.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-27 12:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh puppet will change however the hand in the *** will not
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-10-27 13:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Long ago, in my wonderfully misspent youth, I could distinguish between at least 9 flavors of communists by year and vineyard.

I hope they at least bought you dinner first.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-27 13:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I will bet that nothing will change.

The Boston Globe agrees with me.

Vote all you want. The secret government won’t change.

Quote:
The people we elect aren’t the ones calling the shots, says Tufts University’s Michael Glennon

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Let me guess, you recently bit him on the ankle and are proud of it?
No, your mother did. But to be fair she growled first.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-27 15:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So Chanti, which set of medications did you take too much of today?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-27 15:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I will bet that nothing will change.

The Boston Globe agrees with me.

Vote all you want. The secret government won’t change.

Quote:
The people we elect aren’t the ones calling the shots, says Tufts University’s Michael Glennon

Ah the media's in full on spin mode I see. We still have a week to go too. I'm almost dreading their final form.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-27 15:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually for someone my age I am remarkably drug free. Aspirin and medical MJ is about it.

And I can't find any of the fun ones anymore. Darnit.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-27 15:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually for someone my age I am remarkably drug free. Aspirin and medical MJ is about it.

And I can't find any of the fun ones anymore. Darnit.
Well, that explains a lot then.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-10-27 17:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tough to say. A week is a plenty of time for Democrats to talk like they are Republicans and pretend they aren't just a rubber stamp for President Obama. They can fool enough people. They always do.

Between that and rounding up homeless people; giving them a sandwich and a hot shower to vote Democrat, the Dems still have a shot to guarantee gridlock by keeping the Senate and continuing their obstruction of regular order while yielding all power to Executive Orders.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-10-27 17:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah well yeah Ama but in reality the elections will be decided mostly by the last person to hack the machines or the system.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-27 17:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Tough to say. A week is a plenty of time for Democrats to talk like they are Republicans and pretend they aren't just a rubber stamp for President Obama. They can fool enough people. They always do.

Between that and rounding up homeless people; giving them a sandwich and a hot shower to vote Democrat, the Dems still have a shot to guarantee gridlock by keeping the Senate and continuing their obstruction of regular order while yielding all power to Executive Orders.

So much wrong with this statement no matter which party you replace.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-10-27 19:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

So much wrong with your face
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-27 20:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

what wrong with it is that it actually gets done.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-27 20:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

what wrong with it is that it actually gets done.

not to start/continue a never ending side vs side argument, but actions like that from politicians are why cartoon like this start popping up.

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-27 22:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats why you just point and laugh at him, knowing he is always wrong.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-10-28 06:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Republicans are probably going to take majority in the senate and Obama will spend the next few years blocking anything they do. That will become a double edge sword though because anything done by executive order can be undone by executive order. The next President can undo anything President Obama has done via policy with a mere stroke of the pen. With the way the political climate is going I suspect the next President will be a Republican, assuming they field a moderate one that is.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-28 07:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Republicans are probably going to take majority in the senate and Obama will spend the next few years blocking anything they do. That will become a double edge sword though because anything done by executive order can be undone by executive order. The next President can undo anything President Obama has done via policy with a mere stroke of the pen. With the way the political climate is going I suspect the next President will be a Republican, assuming they field a moderate one that is.
The Republicans don't even have to field a moderate candidate to win the next presidential election.

People are going to see how much of a hypocrite Obama is, and all the next candidate has to do is paint Clinton as Obama 2.0. Like how Obama painted McCain as Bush 2.0.
By fonewear 2014-10-28 07:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah well yeah Ama but in reality the elections will be decided mostly by the last person to hack the machines or the system.

I blame Angelina Jolie and her group of...hackers !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-28 08:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

not to start/continue a never ending side vs side argument, but actions like that from politicians ignorance of how these programs work are why cartoon like this start popping up.

You yourself should know it's not that easy to collect from these programs. Plus the lifeline program went into effect in 1985, when the almighty Reagan was in office. The trickle-down myth spreader that he was.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-28 10:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet every leftist on this site will continue to preach the meme that Obama has no responsibility for the legislation he doesn't pass. It's the legislature's job to pass stuff that will not be veto-ed you know.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-28 10:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

not to start/continue a never ending side vs side argument, but actions like that from politicians are why cartoon like this start popping up.

Errr...What? I'm fairly sure that the Maxine cartoon in greeting cards has been around since in the 1980's.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-28 10:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

hey ms.Z~ are you voting for that train thing ?
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-28 11:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is going to come out of the senate regardless. Obama won't have to veto anything.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-28 11:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
hey ms.Z~ are you voting for that train thing ?

The bullet train? I have my suspicions that if TX did opt in, the project will drag out over fifteen years like I-35. Do you realistically think a bullet train wouldn't be a time/money pit in TX?

Did you ever take a look at Kathy Glass? If you're feeling squeemish over Abbott or Davis, go look at Glass. It will induce a few chuckles.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-28 11:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I still am of the opinion that they need to put a high speed rail from about the I64/81 exchange to DC, cut right through the damn mountain!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-28 11:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

not to start/continue a never ending side vs side argument, but actions like that from politicians ignorance of how these programs work are why cartoon like this start popping up.

You yourself should know it's not that easy to collect from these programs. Plus the lifeline program went into effect in 1985, when the almighty Reagan was in office. The trickle-down myth spreader that he was.

actually, i wouldn't know. Probably should in some ppls view. But alls i have is SSD. Ive never applied to anything listed in that cartoon.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32