Does Islam Require Forced Conversions?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Does islam require forced conversions?
Does islam require forced conversions?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 25
By fonewear 2014-09-23 12:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fallacy and I find this very offensive.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-23 12:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a fallacy fetish I'm curious ?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-09-23 12:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Going to be real for a second here: There's no real way to have a discussion about reality with a religious person without being offensive.

Sure, some people will be offended regardless, but not everyone will. I know plenty of religious people who are willing to have discussions.

The problem is that arguments and posts like refresh's aren't going to help. At best, people will ignore it. At worst, it'll have a backfire effect as well as making the atheist/agnostic group look worse as a whole to that person.

Just saying...
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-23 12:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It is one thing to critique an argument it is another thing to actually argue.

Most of us are not professional debaters and while it is cute at first focusing on one specific thing can make you overlook the actual point of the post.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-09-23 12:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Going to be real for a second here: There's no real way to have a discussion about reality with a religious person without being offensive.
Sure, some people will be offended regardless, but not everyone will. I know plenty of religious people who are willing to have discussions. The problem is that arguments and posts like refresh's aren't going to help. At best, people will ignore it. At worst, it'll have a backfire effect as well as making the atheist/agnostic group look worse as a whole to that person. Just saying...

In the case of the internet or large gathering spaces, more than just that person.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-09-23 12:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
It is one thing to critique an argument it is another thing to actually argue. Most of us are not professional debaters and while it is cute at first focusing on one specific thing can make you overlook the actual point of the post.

This might be the first serious post I have ever seen by fone. I'm sure I don't lurk as much some people, but still.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-23 12:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Today on Masterpiece Theater: Apologetics.

Look hard enough and you can justify veiling women too. It's not bad, we're protecting them from the problems you people have in the West! It's wonderful. It's an act of compassion!

I could put forth evidence
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Today on Masterpiece Theater: Apologetics.

Look hard enough and you can justify veiling women too. It's not bad, we're protecting them from the problems you people have in the West! It's wonderful. It's an act of compassion!

I'am guessing you haven't been out much so let me give you some knowledge about this matter.

Women by their own rights as a true believer of her religion would by her decision cover up herself, if she does not have such a strong faith then that is okay. Also women are not to be forced and is considered as a sin if her husband/brother/father force her to cover up since it did not come from her own free will.

As for why women cover? Well to simplify it to a degree that a person would not understand for what reason a Muslim sister covers up, is that woman "Themselves" do not want to be viewed as s*x objects to men(darn!) , we have to interact with them in a mind-to-mind basis without involving sexual lust, since we all know men are perverts.

Now looking at it from a statistic view point:

Introduction:

According to the American Medical Association (1995), sexual violence, and rape in particular, is considered the most under-reported violent crime. The most common reasons given by victims for not reporting rapes are the belief that it is a personal or private matter, and that they fear reprisal from the assailant. A 2007 British government report says "Estimates from research suggest that between 75 and 95 percent of rape crimes are never reported to the police."

Firstly, as of 2014, lets take France as an example: Every year, about 5000 - 7000 of the rapes are gang rapes. Source: Tournantes: le calvaire de Nina et Stéphanie - L'EXPRESS". Lexpress.fr. Retrieved 2014-04-10.

Secondly, to not make this post a long post and get people bored as they are.

The 2012 UN Statistics for National Rape rate per 100,000 world wide is, keeping in mind that those are all Reported cases:

1)Sweden comes in at #1 in a whopping 665,000 rape cases.

2) U.S.A. comes in at #7 with a Rape rate of 266,000 reported rape cases per year.

3) U.A.E. comes in at #16 with a 60,000 rape cases per year.

4) Indonesia comes in at #18 with a 70,000 rape cases per year.

Where am I going with this? Well as you can see, rape cases within Muslim countries is very minimal comparing to Western civilized countries who preach about freedom rights in which in fact tie women down and hold them of there potential and just see them as s*x objects.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 12:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, some people will be offended regardless, but not everyone will. I know plenty of religious people who are willing to have discussions.

The problem is that arguments and posts like refresh's aren't going to help. At best, people will ignore it. At worst, it'll have a backfire effect as well as making the atheist/agnostic group look worse as a whole to that person.

Just saying...
You can say it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that he's logically sound. Some people can't handle the truth, and not many people like being told their beliefs are a bunch of superstitious hogwash, it doesn't really matter how one says it.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 12:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

and to the apologist: it's hard to rape what's considered property, don't try to justify your disgusting culture.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-23 12:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Ah, so you are now the authority on Islam?
Forget the Muslims! Tell us more about your sectarian brand of Islam. You are obviously right.
Do you enjoy repeating your no true Scotsman arguments or are just totally oblivious to you making them?

Is Scotsman your new it word for this month?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 12:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Ah, so you are now the authority on Islam?
Forget the Muslims! Tell us more about your sectarian brand of Islam. You are obviously right.
Do you enjoy repeating your no true Scotsman arguments or are just totally oblivious to you making them?

Is Scotsman your new it word for this month?
Is continuing to make that same logical fallacy yours?
By fonewear 2014-09-23 12:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said: »
It is one thing to critique an argument it is another thing to actually argue. Most of us are not professional debaters and while it is cute at first focusing on one specific thing can make you overlook the actual point of the post.

This might be the first serious post I have ever seen by fone. I'm sure I don't lurk as much some people, but still.

When the occasion arises I can be serious. Even I'm shocked !
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-23 12:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I"m not even going to pretend to know anything about Islam. So all of my arguments would be opinion which is kinda pointless when some people actually know the religion.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 12:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said: »

Just saying...

Besides my horrible horrible English

what is wrong with my debate structure?

Blazed1979 can never answer What does the God you worship disagree with you about?

because if he says " this" he disagrees with the divine being of the universe and that's wrong answer in his faith.

if he says nothing than every single one of his opinions line up with God then it's easy to make the argument that he is God.

the best thing he can do is not saying anything

or make a straw man/ at home.

What does God disagree with me about?
Is this the question you are challenging me to answer?
Disagree with me about me, or something i've done, or something i've said or what?
I really don't get the question.
But then again, I struggle to comprehend anything you post.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 12:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

location, location affects how extreme your religion becomes.
That's not necessary true.

While location does play a role in how extreme a religion can get, it also depends on where the thugs of the world can congregate.

If the Middle East can take out the trash of their society, the thugs of the world would move on to the next hell-hole.
By fonewear 2014-09-23 12:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

While location does play a role in how extreme a religion can get, it also depends on where the thugs of the world can congregate.

If the Middle East can take out the trash of their society, the thugs of the world would move on to the next hell-hole.

Next up New Jersey.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 12:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No. This is not a rational argument.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 12:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything. How can you compare your viewpoints vs. a "higher being"? Even though God to anyone's mind can be constructed to be themselves. Case in point: Pleebo.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 12:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Next up New Jersey.
Psh, Somalia is next in line as hell-holes are concerned.

New Jersey is only 3rd on the list.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 12:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
The 2012 UN Statistics for National Rape rate per 100,000 world wide is, keeping in mind that those are all Reported cases:

1)Sweden comes in at #1 in a whopping 665,000 rape cases.

2) U.S.A. comes in at #7 with a Rape rate of 266,000 reported rape cases per year.

3) U.A.E. comes in at #16 with a 60,000 rape cases per year.

4) Indonesia comes in at #18 with a 70,000 rape cases per year.

Where am I going with this? Well as you can see, rape cases within Muslim countries is very minimal comparing to Western civilized countries who preach about freedom rights in which in fact tie women down and hold them of there potential and just see them as s*x objects.
I would like to see this information you presented.

Where is your source on this?
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 12:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything. How can you compare your viewpoints vs. a "higher being"? Even though God to anyone's mind can be constructed to be themselves. Case in point: Pleebo.
At first I read the bolded part and noded, and then I continued reading.

Quote:
"Even though God to anyone's mind can be constructed to be themselves. Case in point: Pleebo."

Perhaps if you have choose to reject scripture and put your head in a hole.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2014-09-23 12:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 23 24 25