Does Islam Require Forced Conversions?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Does islam require forced conversions?
Does islam require forced conversions?
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25
By Jetackuu 2014-09-24 12:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Jetackuu said: »
What Mosin said is actually extremely valid, as for burning flags: burning your flag in protest (at least in the US) is the highest form of protest.

What, no self-immolation?
Nope.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-24 12:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't misunderstand, I'm definitely pro flag burning in protest, it's freedom of speech to the highest degree in my book.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 12:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

it's freedom of speech to the highest degree in my book
Only if you talk to the flag while you burn it!
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 12:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't misunderstand, I'm definitely pro flag burning in protest, it's freedom of speech to the highest degree in my book.

Do you see any difference between freedom of speech and freedom to offend?

Right to have arms =/= right to shoot people.

Where's Powergril, I miss those Juggs.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-24 13:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

There is no difference in right to freedom of speech and right to offend and right to be offended, if you're in support of attempting to legislate such a subjective thing as being offended then well you're more of an idiot than I thought you were.

As to the right to bear arms: nobody ever made that assertion, but you still have the right to defend yourself, your person, your family and your belongings. To what degree is the context of debate however.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no difference in right to freedom of speech and right to offend and right to be offended, if you're in support of attempting to legislate such a subjective thing as being offended then well you're more of an idiot than I thought you were.

Freedom of speech is meant to protect an individual or individual(s) from all forms of prejudicial persecution, not a means to encourage, legalize and nurture it.

If you want to prove me wrong, step into a courtroom and tell the judge you think she/he is a big idiot, or a police station and tell a cop you think he/she is a pig. Better yet, go to central park and read out one of your many posts against Islam here. Let me know when though because I want to catch this on camera.

You can't be any bigger of an idiot than I already think you are.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-09-24 13:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This idea of "freedom to offend" being a negative of freedom of speech is dangerous territory. It's where these blasphemy laws stem from. People have the right to be offended, but they don't have the right to restrict others so that they aren't offended.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-24 13:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Freedom of speech is meant to protect an individual or individual(s) from all forms of prejudicial persecution, not a means to encourage, legalize and nurture it.

If you want to prove me wrong, step into a courtroom and tell the judge you think she/he is a big idiot, or a police station and tell a cop you think he/she is a pig. Better yet, go to central park and read out one of your many posts against Islam here. Let me know when though because I want to catch this on camera.

You can't be any bigger of an idiot than I already think you are.

Not quite...people often confuse how and where these freedoms apply.

These freedoms only apply between the individual and the government.

They do not apply between individuals and or corporate personhood.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-24 13:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

lol...
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-24 13:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Your freedom stops where others' begins. It can be difficult not to step on other people's freedom, but it's a necessity not to do so.

If I burn a flag, I'm aware that I'm going to make the citizen more angry than the state and the effect will be that I will most likely end up in a hospital (or the good old morgue) while nothing change regarding what I was protesting about.

Freedom of speech and protesting is cute and all but it shouldn't prevent you from using your brain.
Flag burning can be suicidal, it's not something to advise someone to do.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-24 13:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't have the right to not be offended.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-24 13:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Flag burning while therapeutic doesn't really do much other than create shock value and a ton of YouTube hits. How does that change whatever you're protesting?

Sit-ins challenged the status quo, upset owners and the police who had to come arrest people but showed that people weren't going to be discriminated based on color.

Burning a flag says '*** you' to the state, its citizens and inflames everyone while accomplishing nothing. It's like people who shoot pictures of the president. You're doing nothing to get others involved and alienating people with a wild show of intolerance.

It's like that guy that wanted to burn the Quran or atheists who burn Bibles. You're just trolling and masturbating.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-24 13:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Flag burning while therapeutic doesn't really do much other than create shock value and a ton of YouTube hits. How does that change whatever you're protesting?

Sit-ins challenged the status quo, upset owners and the police who had to come arrest people but showed that people weren't going to be discriminated based on color.

Burning a flag says '*** you' to the state, its citizens and inflames everyone while accomplishing nothing. It's like people who shoot pictures of the president. You're doing nothing to get others involved and alienating people with a wild show of intolerance.

It's like that guy that wanted to burn the Quran or atheists who burn Bibles. You're just trolling and masturbating.

Just going to have to disagree with you Spath, but at least we don't have Tiger here calling Rosa Parks a moron.
By fonewear 2014-09-24 16:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheesy pick up lines.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-24 16:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, people believe that burning a flag is ok, even encouraged?

If you are burning a flag of the country you are currently a citizen of, then by all means, get the *** out of that country.

If you are burning a flag of a country you are not currently a citizen of, then by all means, get the *** over yourself, and take care of your own damn problems without using an outside source as an excuse for your failings in life.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 16:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

If you are burning a flag of the country you are currently a citizen of, then by all means, get the *** out of that country.

If you are burning a flag of a country you are not currently a citizen of, then by all means, get the *** over yourself, and take care of your own damn problems without using an outside source as an excuse for your failings in life.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-24 16:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Explain the contradiction.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 16:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure. But tell me what does a flag represent to you?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 16:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Explain the contradiction.

There, I highlighted it for you. Such hypocrisy is disgusting!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-24 17:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-24 17:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
There, I highlighted it for you. Such hypocrisy is disgusting!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-24 17:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure. But tell me what does a flag represent to you?
I will. After you show the contradiction.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-24 17:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that the government doesn't have time to deal with issues like flag burning. The FBI in particular has much more important things to be worrying about.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-24 17:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The problem is that the government doesn't have time to deal with issues like flag burning. The FBI in particular has much more important things to be worrying about.
The day when the FBI can worry about flag burning is a great day indeed.
By fonewear 2014-09-24 17:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Got to get the Jennifer Lawrence nudes the country depends on it !
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-24 17:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Got to get the Jennifer Lawrence nudes the world's fap movement depends on it !
?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-24 17:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Their priorities are spot on. Rich people come before idiots torching your 9.99 Chinese made Stars 'n stripes. Hopefully you set yourself on fire burning a flag rather than actually airing your grievances in a constructive manner.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-24 18:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
This idea of "freedom to offend" being a negative of freedom of speech is dangerous territory. It's where these blasphemy laws stem from. People have the right to be offended, but they don't have the right to restrict others so that they aren't offended.
It's "freedom to insult" that people generally wouldn't agree with. It's not a constructive way of exchanging ideas and nothing good comes out of it.

What purpose does having "freedom of speech" serve? It's the advancement of society by giving all ideas a fair chance in the never-ending competition.

Intellectual debate yes, insults using degrading language or imagery no.

And in reality, there is no such thing as absolute freedom of speech. That's why you have libel/defamation laws, hate speech laws (holocaust denial?), etc.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-09-24 18:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Triffle said: »
Instead we shall rely on books that contain more fiction than Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone! Great idea! Though on the other hand I prefer my lord and savior to be the Doctor.
Now you're just being silly.
If whatever "text" you want to believe in reinforces that "common social sense" (even though if there's no such thing in reality), then it goes hand-in-hand with the Islamic teachings.
If you thought it was an argument for the divine nature of the Quran, it wasn't. There are better arguments. It's rather a supporting argument.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25