Does Islam Require Forced Conversions?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Does islam require forced conversions?
Does islam require forced conversions?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 23 24 25
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 19:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said: »
not letting them sleep
She's talking about your lack of sleep due to the child having his own cycles and calling for help in the middle of the night for many weeks.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-23 19:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Wouldn't be surprised if he had a dumpster backup plan

Welp, he's 6 years old and has dyslexia. Come here, little Johnny. Come with daddy to the tool shed....

I was about to mention that amniocentesis can't pick up on everything, and can be evasive and risky in itself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-23 19:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Lol...oh sheesh.

Creating a "genius" is not raising a child.

There's a hell of a lot more involved in raising children than their education.

E.g.
Like making sure they survive in good physical and mental health to start school.

preserving your own sanity when sleep exists in limited quantity for long durations.

Once again you're all making it look like I'm going to be ignoring their physical and mental health and not letting them sleep.

sleep and physical and mental health are obviously factors in activating advancing intelligence.

gees guys your trying to make it sound like I don't have all this planned out.

stop being silly.
Re-read what I wrote.

Your sleep. As in you, the adult.

Every human is just a few days of sleep deprivation away from crazy.

Raising a child is mentally and physically straining.

Children are heavily influenced by their environment and the emotions (hormones) in that environment. When the adult is stressed, the kid is stressed.

If you don't want to or can't feel emotion your childs early learning development will be impacted.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 19:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I'm aware of these factors and the child receive love and care and all that jazz. and the mother will also give the child proper love and care.

once again you guys are being silly I already know all these factors.

No, what's silly is the fact that you think you can control all of these factors. If you haven't had a child yet, you're absolutely clueless. If there is a parent in this thread that disagrees with me, be my guest and correct me.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 19:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You know this all started cause you said the children will do nothing but study. Cause you want it to be their entertainment.

Well it doesn't work that way. I love learning too, as many other people do as well, but other forms of entertainment are needed. Playing is a necessity for the development of a child, his games can't only be books..he'll want to kick a ball, swim, run around, sing, roleplay, and so on.

But you said he can only study.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-23 19:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did somebody say "All that jazz"?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-23 19:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I'm aware of these factors and the child receive love and care and all that jazz. and the mother will also give the child proper love and care.

once again you guys are being silly I already know all these factors.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 19:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You know this all started cause you said the children will do nothing but study. Cause you want it to be their entertainment.

Well it doesn't work that way. I love learning too, as many other people do as well, but other forms of entertainment are needed. Playing is a necessity for the development of a child, his games can't only be books..he'll want to kick a ball, swim, run around, sing, roleplay, and so on.

You see, children have to be manipulated to get them to enjoy the thing you're trying to get them to do. In order to get them to only study, you have to force it into their brains that everything else is bad. This is clearly the utopian ideal we're shooting for.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-23 19:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And that is part of learning for children.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-23 19:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you're incapable of returning my feelings, Refresh, but I love you. I don't care who knows it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-09-23 19:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: Songs from 'Chicago' are officially stuck in my head.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 19:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well of course mastering instrument of even let them decide which one and studying graphic design in creating artwork will all be allowed.

Yes, kids. You can only have the fun I decide is fun. And fun to me (someone who plays video games) is watching you work. Now go drag your atrophied muscles that I won't let you use over to your books/art/music that I've supplied for your enjoyment.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-23 19:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I better go to sleep, wouldn't wanna lose those IQ points.

The IQ race is real!

I just hope thread doesn't get deleted while I'm away!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 19:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I know you're incapable of returning my feelings, Refresh, but I love you. I don't care who knows it.

Thank you Pleebo

I acknowledge you as above average human being and you should be proud to stand a little higher than the rest.

Somebody clearly doesn't understand Pleebo's brand of humor.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-23 19:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my i-don't-want-to-sleep-because-there-is-soooo-much-to-see-and-do baby finally went back to sleep.

Have fun and all that jazz
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-23 19:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

it would be near impossible for them to become interested in cars if they had advanced and more entertaining tools

You can't know that, a person won't enjoy something simply because you tell them to
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 19:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No no no you misunderstand what you find fun is based on the environment around you as you grow up I will provided grants tools in graphic design and advanced instruments it would be near impossible for them to become interested in cars if they had advanced and more entertaining tools.

LOL. Please refer me to your advanced degree in child development. I'll be waiting.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-23 19:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

if I never played Final Fantasy XI then I obviously couldn't be interested in.

I never grew up around skydiving either, but I see it and I think, "That could be fun." You can't control your kids forever. They'll see how restricted they are at home and, as soon as they get a taste of what freedom is like, they'll never want to go back.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-23 20:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly if you have high IQ you will love playing advanced instrument.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-09-23 20:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't control what a child will be exposed to out in the world, it doesn't even need to be a long time

What if he goes to a friend's house to play? They might have video games or RC cars and he might develop an interest in them

You can't lock your kid up forever just because you don't want him to have any 'bad' hobbies and when kids enter a rebellious phase they won't care what you think and will leave the house and do whatever they want.

You can't control them as much as you think
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-23 20:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
This remind me of my ex roommate.

Dude has an IQ of 180, has done a lot of stuff to show for it and so on. He's after two kinds of women to reproduce with: either a literal 10/10 looking girl so she can at least give the child a good looks while he gives intelligence or, a woman with an IQ of at least 150.

Needless to say, he has concluded that the 10/10 path is easier to achieve.

Take that into consideration.

Well I do find Asian women quite beautiful then white women

but white women are usually dumber anyway.

nice intelligent Asian girl will be fine.
Oh, yellow fever.

When I was 14-16, I liked women who were at the very least 1m78, very pale skin and if possible, asian.
Then I grew up and all those childish standards vanished. Now I just hope they are somewhat mentaly stable.

If you go by average, Ashkenazi women have the highest average I believe. They're considered white, aren't they?

Senkyuutai won this by far he seem to have very advanced intelligence and considering he had a roommate with a very high IQ he probably got into a very good college because of his intelligence

well I am glad that someone on here understands the advanced factors in raising a child.

I only seek to refine the method of advanced education of children.

and hopefully create a child with higher IQ then mine advanced mathematical knowledge multicultural cultural knowledge and languages and higher cognitive reasoning.
I quit school in 10th grade. My roommate was a coworker with whom I became friend, his life experience is a mountain compared to mine.

I dislike the French school system, which is why I left it. They wouldn't let me graduate with a 80% absentee rate anyway, so I had no choice.

I just try to understand all the possible variables before diving into something. And the situation of raising a child to be superior to yourself made me reach the conclusion I posted earlier.

I'm personally not attracted to the idea of building my children to be this or that, I find it much more fascinating to give them the tools and show them all the possibilities then carefully watch what they choose and help them in their endeavour. I like to observe things, not manipulate them.

So, ya, your idea is an utopia. I don't know how old you are, maybe you're still young and think it's that easy to raise a child to be a certain way, but I can tell you that it's very difficult. I've dealt with children a lot and I've seen parents crack their teeth trying to shape their kids into better versions of themselves.

Think of it that way, you can never shape kids to be what you want them to be, you can only show them the possibilities and help them reach what they want to be. It's a beautiful thing in my opinion, I would feel really bad if I forced my kids to be something they aren't.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 23 24 25