Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 34 35 36
By fonewear 2014-08-20 16:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It should work.
By fonewear 2014-08-20 16:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
fonewear said: »
What we all came here to see Rick Perry's daughter:

http://sydneymperry.wix.com/portfolio#!Carter-Studios-/zoom/c199t/image1ix8
fail link is fail.

Don't need the part that isn't blue. It works for me at least...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-20 18:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Drinking Coors Light, on the other hand... I dunno if there's a song for that.

Found this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-20 19:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That's... well... that speaks for itself.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-20 19:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of random songs:

Rick Perry is making a run for the border.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-20 22:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I could learn to appreciate the general consensus that church is where whack jobs go.

Nice to see you finally calling our president, Harry Reid, etc. whack jobs.

Being Liberal/Progressive =/= liking or thinking Obama is doing a good job.

Jesus Christ people.

Of course it does, if you're liberal / progressive you voted him back into office. How can you possibly not see "voting for someone" as an endorsement?
I'm both, and I didn't, so suck it with your shitty generalizations.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-20 22:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not meant to be insulting, I quite seriously think that people who are constantly preached that they are victims will naturally absorb the idea they are somewhat of a victim. The whole liberal dogma of "the majority is the oppressor, the minority is the victim" naturally seeks to break off people from the majority and separate them into their own class. That's how it works. That's why when a white (majority) cop kills a black (minority) man, there's a media propelled riots, while when a black cop shoots a white kid in Utah, there's no media swarm.
I think the aspect of the whole "playing the victim" argument that scares its proponents the most is that the so-called victim might actually decide to do something about it. So when the "victim" acts decidedly unvictimlike, the kneejerk reaction is to put them back in their place. Peaceful street protests are thug riots, LGBT pride parades and demonstrations are trying to force the lifestyle on others, and feminists are just screeching harpy man-haters.

What you seem to want is for certain groups to remain perpetual victims just so long as they don't complain about it or do anything that may disturb the delicate status quo. I imagine the threat of actually becoming the minority is a rather disturbing one given the history of minority groups in this country.

And the "b-b-b-but white people" argument requires a very selective recollection of American history.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-21 02:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It's not meant to be insulting, I quite seriously think that people who are constantly preached that they are victims will naturally absorb the idea they are somewhat of a victim. The whole liberal dogma of "the majority is the oppressor, the minority is the victim" naturally seeks to break off people from the majority and separate them into their own class. That's how it works. That's why when a white (majority) cop kills a black (minority) man, there's a media propelled riots, while when a black cop shoots a white kid in Utah, there's no media swarm.
I think the aspect of the whole "playing the victim" argument that scares its proponents the most is that the so-called victim might actually decide to do something about it. So when the "victim" acts decidedly unvictimlike, the kneejerk reaction is to put them back in their place. Peaceful street protests are thug riots, LGBT pride parades and demonstrations are trying to force the lifestyle on others, and feminists are just screeching harpy man-haters.

What you seem to want is for certain groups to remain perpetual victims just so long as they don't complain about it or do anything that may disturb the delicate status quo. I imagine the threat of actually becoming the minority is a rather disturbing one given the history of minority groups in this country.

And the "b-b-b-but white people" argument requires a very selective recollection of American history.

[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-21 02:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This ones just funny.. and sadly true.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-21 09:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you serious, or are you just trolling?

Knowing you, you are probably serious in this. You really like playing the victim, don't you?

Have you ever asked yourself about the concept of equality? Have you ever considered that people are starting to treat each other as equals?

I'm sure you are going to say otherwise, because that threatens your "special pity me status" you seem to glorify. But the truth is, people (in America) are finally starting to treat each other as equal individuals in regards to race/sex relations, and that threatens you (for some stupid reason).
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 09:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I quite seriously think that people who are constantly preached that they are victims will naturally absorb the idea they are somewhat of a victim.

While I agree in very loosely-related fashions with other things you said there, this part is very much true. I see it on a daily basis. It's why you see families with two to three generations of people relying entirely on assistance programs (welfare, disability, public housing assistance, utilities assistance, etc.)

Of course, Nausi, you sort of paint yourself a conundrum here because you're very much a "responsibility is entirely on the person" supporter...but this very concept implies that maybe, just maybe, people can be born in situations where, yes, escape is possible, but it's extremely difficult and the liklihood of continuing the cycle is extremely high, because that's the only reasonable option they're ever presented, even if other options may be available.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 11:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just lol... So shitting on white people is ok because generations ago people whom I am decedent from might have ***over minorities or otherwise inhibited their lives. Great! It's so fair that I have to pay for something I never partook in. What even worse is that you (the greater you) weren't even oppressed in the same manner that your ancestors were but you still feel the urge to cry victim on me for them when I quite literally had nothing to do with it.

The whole point Pleebo, is that you (again the greater you) are NOT a victim. You weren't born into racial or sexual orientation bondage and you aren't oppressed because of your minority/protected status. You are instead, self bound because you falsely believe you are oppressed when you live in what is the very clearly argued as the best time to ever be alive in human existence. This belief, is what keeps you dependent, it's very much akin to Stockholm syndrome. Being a victim comforts you because you can push all your failures onto it. "It's not my fault, I'm a victim". I really hope that you do one day realize that you are NOT a victim of anything. Life is so much better lived without those chains.

Sometimes I do wish I was a minority, but alas I'm a white male. Through much sacrifice I've managed to buy a house and a car. I don't really believe anyone is 100% strait, but I wouldn't feel comfortable calling myself bisexual either. I mean I used to be overweight, but I long ago decided that I wouldn't let that hold me back. So I'm pretty screwed right? I AM balding however, could I use that to claim victimhood? I mean statistically, balding guys are more OPPRESSED than people who hold onto their hair. What's with all the balding HATE?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 12:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I mean statistically, balding guys are more OPPRESSED than people who hold onto their hair. What's with all the balding HATE?

Patrick Stewart pulls in the love constantly with that dome.

Don't even pretend.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 12:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Err, my main point was regarding minority groups who act like their not victims. I don't see how that's "playing the victim" when it's the exact opposite of what I was talking about. I realize it's a concept too complex to communicate well in a facebook cartoon so that's why it flew over Altima's head, but I even used quotes around the word victim and all. Pay attention.

You don't have to look much farther than gay marriage to see real oppression in action this very day. (And don't give me that "well, you can marry a woman" herpaderpaderp.) Your thesis that oppression is self-imposed is made ridiculous by that one example. Not all examples are codified into law so explicitly but please spare me the argument that minority groups are only holding themselves back.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 12:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Err, my main point was regarding minority groups who act like their not victims. I don't see how that's "playing the victim" when it's the exact opposite of what I was talking about. I realize it's a concept too complex to communicate well in a facebook cartoon so that's why it flew over Altima's head, but I even used quotes around the word victim and all. Pay attention.

You don't have to look much farther than gay marriage to see real oppression in action this very day. (And don't give me that "well, you can marry a woman" herpaderpaderp.) Your thesis that oppression is self-imposed is made ridiculous by that one example. Not all examples are codified into law so explicitly but please spare me the argument that minority groups are only holding themselves back.

It's really not Pleebo. Gay marriage is the perfect example! You CAN get married, you just need to get married to a member of the opposite sex... JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. The law does not discriminate.

IT just proves my point that you see yourself as a victim when you really aren't one. You can claim otherwise, but you really insist you ARE. You're in deep over your head in the fallacy.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 12:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gay marriage was a bad choice, because Nausi believes that everyone is equal under his beliefs, so as long as you have his beliefs, you have a freedom of beliefs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 12:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

>__________________>

I even tried to nip that one at the bud. Oh well.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-21 12:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

>__________________>

I even tried to nip that one at the bud. Oh well.

quit your whining & marry an icky female already. god.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-21 12:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you serious, or are you just trolling?

Knowing you, you are probably serious in this. You really like playing the victim, don't you?

Have you ever asked yourself about the concept of equality? Have you ever considered that people are starting to treat each other as equals?

I'm sure you are going to say otherwise, because that threatens your "special pity me status" you seem to glorify. But the truth is, people (in America) are finally starting to treat each other as equal individuals in regards to race/sex relations, and that threatens you (for some stupid reason).
You do realize that you pretty much proved Pleebo's point?

Is equal treatment with regards to race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation still an issue in the US? Yes. As you say, some people are finally starting to treat each other as equal individuals. The fairly important phrasing is bolded.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 12:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I just love that they're telling people not to play the victim card while they themselves are playing said victim card. How come they can make fun of us white people!?!?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 12:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
quit your whining & marry an icky female already. god.
I'll find a nice lesbian to be miserable with. At least we'll take comfort in knowing that we weren't discriminated against and everything is totally fair.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-21 12:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really not Pleebo. Gay marriage is the perfect example! You CAN get married, you just need to get married to a member of the opposite sex... JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. The law does not discriminate.

Time to stop posting, you have always been completely full of ***on this issue, Pleebo even told you not to talk about it, yet you still stepped in it.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-21 12:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gay marriage is the perfect example! You CAN get married, you just need to get married to a member of the opposite sex... JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. The law does not discriminate.

Nau just turned into a parody of himself.

Anyways, has there been any updates on the situation with Rick Perry?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 12:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Gay marriage is the perfect example! You CAN get married, you just need to get married to a member of the opposite sex... JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. The law does not discriminate.

Nau just turned into a parody of himself.

Anyways, has there been any updates on the situation with Rick Perry?

Nope. Still a socially backward troglodyte with decent fiscal sense.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-21 12:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
You do realize that you pretty much proved Pleebo's point?
What, that he is a victim and should be treated as such?

You do realize he has pulled the "victim card" on my occasions on this website, right?

Is equal treatment with regards to race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation still an issue in the US? Yes.
Only in larger cities, like LA, Sacramento, New York, Chicago, pretty much every centralized liberal hub there is in the country.

Go beyond the boundaries of those cities, and you will find that people treat each other the same, regardless of color and/or sex. I wouldn't expect people who never left their city in their lives, like Pleebo, to understand that concept.

As you say, some people are finally starting to treat each other as equal individuals. The fairly important phrasing is bolded.
Again, only in cities. Out in rural areas, nobody really gives a ***. Only reason why you hear about hate crimes in rural areas is because it is a big deal, and a rare occurrence.

Cities like Chicago? Just another day.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 12:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Gay marriage was a bad choice, because Nausi believes that everyone is equal under his beliefs, so as long as you have his beliefs, you have a freedom of beliefs.

Everyone is equal. We have a law that says "if you partake in X (marriage) you get Y (stuff)". Pleebo thinks he is oppressed because he doesn't wish to partake in X but he still wants the Y. If I don't wish to partake in marriage because I'm a celebrate monk, do I get to complain that the law discriminates against me, and that I'm a victim of the law?

Why not?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-21 12:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Out in rural areas, nobody really gives a ***.

wow you couldn't be any more wrong.

it might be that way in texas, but the mid-west is wildly racist. and some parts I've been too have no intention of changing anytime soon.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is equal treatment with regards to race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation still an issue in the US? Yes.
Only in larger cities, like LA, Sacramento, New York, Chicago, pretty much every centralized liberal hub there is in the country.

Go beyond the boundaries of those cities, and you will find that people treat each other the same, regardless of color and/or sex. I wouldn't expect people who never left their city in their lives, like Pleebo, to understand that concept.

As you say, some people are finally starting to treat each other as equal individuals. The fairly important phrasing is bolded.
Again, only in cities. Out in rural areas, nobody really gives a ***. Only reason why you hear about hate crimes in rural areas is because it is a big deal, and a rare occurrence.

Cities like Chicago? Just another day.
Nausi levels of delusion reached!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-21 12:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Marriage existed pre-Christianity. Christianity's definition of marriage is irrelevant. Marriage between same-sex couples is not revolutionary, nor ground breaking. You're using Christianity's definition to stone-wall a point - a point that is narrow and discriminatory when viewed outside of a Christian-centric world-view.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 12:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the backpedal. "Well, there is still discrimination... BUT ONLY IN DIRTY LIB CITIES!"

Everyone is equal. We have a law that says "if you partake in X (marriage) you get Y (stuff)". Pleebo thinks he is oppressed because he doesn't wish to partake in X but he still wants the Y. If I don't wish to partake in marriage because I'm a celebrate monk, do I get to complain that the law discriminates against me, and that I'm a victim of the law?

Why not?
No. Please. No.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 34 35 36