Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 34 35 36
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-21 12:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Out in rural areas, nobody really gives a ***.

wow you couldn't be any more wrong.

it might be that way in texas, but the mid-west is wildly racist. and some parts I've been too have no intention of changing anytime soon.
All my [+] to you.

It is not they way in TX. At least on the small towns I've visited.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 12:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Gay marriage was a bad choice, because Nausi believes that everyone is equal under his beliefs, so as long as you have his beliefs, you have a freedom of beliefs.

Everyone is equal. We have a law that says "if you partake in X (marriage) you get Y (stuff)". Pleebo thinks he is oppressed because he doesn't wish to partake in X but he still wants the Y. If I don't wish to partake in marriage because I'm a celebrate monk, do I get to complain that the law discriminates against me, and that I'm a victim of the law?

Why not?

Incidentally, I don't think there should be tax benefits to being married or having children.

You keep defining marriage religiously.

Stop it.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 12:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I love the backpedal. "Well, there is still discrimination... BUT ONLY IN DIRTY LIB CITIES!"

Everyone is equal. We have a law that says "if you partake in X (marriage) you get Y (stuff)". Pleebo thinks he is oppressed because he doesn't wish to partake in X but he still wants the Y. If I don't wish to partake in marriage because I'm a celebrate monk, do I get to complain that the law discriminates against me, and that I'm a victim of the law?

Why not?
No. Please. No.

Annnd the dodge. "Wah, I'd rather remain the victim."
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 12:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I already have the Y (mostly). I want the *** X.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 12:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Racism is much more prevalent in rural areas. It's when you get into big cities that people start to become more tolerant.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 12:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Only in larger cities, like LA, Sacramento, New York, Chicago, pretty much every centralized liberal hub there is in the country.

Go beyond the boundaries of those cities, and you will find that people treat each other the same, regardless of color and/or sex. I wouldn't expect people who never left their city in their lives, like Pleebo, to understand that concept.

Yeah, KN...you're very, very wrong and there's no two ways about it.

Racism is very, very alive in rural America. Probably more so, because it falls into two categories: 1) People who are ignorant rednecks who really do hate black people and fall into the classic "WASP" category and 2) the racism of inexperience, where stereotypes are all they have, because some of them have literally never seen an African American in person in their entire lives.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 12:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Nausi's capable of understanding the concept of "marriage for love". He's one of those unfortunate individuals that sees everything as a means to an end.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 12:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gay marriage was a bad choice, because Nausi believes that everyone is equal under his beliefs, so as long as you have his beliefs, you have a freedom of beliefs.

Why not?

Incidentally, I don't think there should be tax benefits to being married or having children.

Stop it.

For the history of the country, marriage has been a religious institution that was only recently recognized by the government. You cannot just dismiss this aspect of US history because you find religion icky.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 13:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not?

Stop it.

For the history of the country, marriage has been a religious institution that was only recently recognized by the government. You cannot just dismiss this aspect of US history because you find religion icky.

...but you're going to just dismiss homosexuality because you find it icky? Even though it's been a part of human history for nearly all of recorded time?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 13:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then you should marry a woman, because that's what a marriage is. You're argument is nothing more than "I want you to change your definition of marriage because I don't like it."

Can we make a new word for you? NOPE! We have to redefine a word to your liking or else we're "homophobes" and "oppressors".

It's why you're the most intolerant person on this site.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-21 13:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Marriage is three parts: social, spiritual, judicial. If gays want their marriage acknowledged spiritually, that's their fight, but I won't get involved. If gays want their marriage socially acknowledged, I would gladly oblige. However, judicial will not recognize their marriage as valid because of religious influence, particularly Judeo-Christian influence, which is counter to the idea the separation of church and state. By denying judicial recognition of gay marriage for spiritual reasons, the US government is endorsing a religion and in breach of the separation of church and state.

So long as gay marriage is outlawed for reasons of spirituality, the US is betraying its own principals.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 13:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well then you should marry a woman, because that's what a marriage is. You're argument is nothing more than "I want you to change your definition of marriage because I don't like it."

Can we make a new word for you? NOPE! We have to redefine a word to your liking or else we're "homophobes" and "oppressors".

You are an oppresive homophobe.

More than that, you're essentially the American version of ISIS. You're only tolerant of those exactly like you, you're perfectly okay with treating everyone else like second-class citizens or worse, and you probably wouldn't really care if they all just keeled over dead on the spot so they quit bothering you with their differentness.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 13:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Let the record show that I explicitly tried to avoid this particular derail. lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 13:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Marriage is three parts: social, spiritual, judicial. If gays want their marriage acknowledged spiritually, that's their fight, but I won't get involved. If gays want their marriage socially acknowledged, I would gladly oblige. However, judicial will not recognize their marriage as valid because of religious influence, particularly Judeo-Christian influence, which is counter to the idea the separation of church and state. By denying judicial recognition of gay marriage for spiritual reasons, the US government is endorsing a religion and in breach of the separation of church and state.

So long as gay marriage is outlawed for reasons of spirituality, the US is betraying its own principals.

Nope. Religious tradition trumps your fancy-shcmancy words, ***.

*spits in the tobacky bucket*
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 13:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Let the record show that I explicitly tried to avoid this particular derail. lol

And I pointed out the second you said it that it was unavoidable. @.@
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 13:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there some religious pediment on a state house you could be protesting at? This judicial argument has been repeatedly beaten down as horseshit.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there some religious pediment on a state house you could be protesting at? This judicial argument has been repeatedly beaten down as horseshit.

Right...repeatedly beaten down...which is why DOMA was struck down and why more and more states are giving the go-ahead on gay marriage.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-21 13:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Please elucidate me on the counter argument to it. What is the reason for judiciary denial of same-sex marriage?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 13:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

He specifically tried to avoid the derail by bringing it up initially. But oh no, don't hold him accountable at all. He's the victim remember.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 13:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what marriage is to some people.

We've gone over the history of marriage many times in many different threads but for some reason some people seem to think because that's what it is here that is what marriage is! Not to mention that marriage here had other restrictions placed on it that were since removed so why not this one?

Don't worry it won't tread on your spiritual grounds and no one will force your religion to recognize it but yeah...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 13:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Right...repeatedly beaten down...which is why DOMA was struck down and why more and more states are giving the go-ahead on gay marriage.
Oh I meant the church/state conflict of religious icons in the public sphere.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 13:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

He specifically tried to avoid the derail by bringing it up initially. But oh no, don't hold him accountable at all. He's the victim remember.
It just sounds like you trying to play the victim card all the time. Oh no they get to call me out cause I'm white! It's not fair! Omg those gays want to get married... they are trying to take away what marriage is to me! wahhhhh don't let them do this!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 13:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, in this case he actually is.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-21 13:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh oh... religion has been mentioned... countdown til Ramyrez hulks out!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 13:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Uh oh... religion has been mentioned... countdown til Ramyrez hulks out!

It's not even worth it in this particular discussion. Especially on the topic of gay marriage, because even the Christians in my family and circle of friends (lolwut, Rammie friends with Christians? You heard it here first) who don't believe in it leave it for God to judge, not them.

You know, kinda like Jesus said.

I can be reasonable on occasion.
By fonewear 2014-08-21 13:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm married to the streets !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-21 13:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, in this case he actually is.

He is not a victim because people don't wish to change the definition of marriage to include husband and husband or wife and wife.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-21 13:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Definition of marriage has always been that wide. We are the ones who narrowed it, just like when we narrowed it against interracial marriage.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-21 13:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Definition of marriage has always been that wide. We are the ones who narrowed it, just like when we narrowed it against interracial marriage.

Marriage /prison...prison/marriage only way out is suicide !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-21 13:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
Out in rural areas, nobody really gives a ***.

wow you couldn't be any more wrong.

it might be that way in texas, but the mid-west is wildly racist. and some parts I've been too have no intention of changing anytime soon.
All my [+] to you.

It is not they way in TX. At least on the small towns I've visited.
Yeah, because you can really understand a society pretty well in a 3 day visit, if you even stayed that long.

@ Mosin: You sure they were being racist to locals or to outsiders (you)?
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 34 35 36