Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-24 21:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So now you're going to deny any assertion that the media is liberally biased? That's... convenient.
You are trying to pick an argument over nothing.

First you wanted to compare why I would assert a liberal bias from one event over another, then you changed your attack to accuracy reporting from only one side, and now you are accusing me of denying any assertions in the first place.

I wonder, are you sane? Or is this normal for you?
By fonewear 2014-08-24 21:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

An inconvenient thread starring Al Gore.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-24 21:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how P and R debates go.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-24 21:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So now you're going to deny any assertion that the media is liberally biased? That's... convenient.

First you wanted to compare why I would assert a liberal bias from one event over another, then you changed your attack to accuracy reporting from only one side, and now you are accusing me of denying any assertions in the first place.

I was asking you why you think the media representation of the Occupy protests as feces-laden, vandalize-happy, rapefests is an accurate depiction while other coverage is inherently biased to disagree with you. You're the one dragging this in several other directions.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-24 22:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was asking you why you think the media representation of the Occupy protests as feces-laden, vandalize-happy, rapefests is an accurate depiction while other coverage is inherently biased to disagree with you. You're the one dragging this in several other directions.
So what, are you saying that there is no evidence of destruction of property, sexual (1) assaults (2), or other crimes?

Heck, here is a list of all of the known crimes from OWS up to 11/16/11

But I'm sure that you would counter this by saying something about Fox News or some other pitiful excuse. Or another excuse, like projection, strawman, or some other "fallacy" excuse you use to try to back out of a response.

We can't help it if you wish to keep your head buried in the sand, or up somebody's ***.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-24 22:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah well, I guess we agree. Nothing left to do here!

Wait, so by agreeing you're denying any assertion that the media is liberally biased? Huh. That's just... hmmm.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Dawnn
By Dawn Charis 2014-08-24 23:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

sort of/not really relevant to this thread

Just found out today that Ron Paul was denied an audit for Fort Knox somewhat recently, was kinda surprised to even hear of it from any type of goverment official >.>

Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-24 23:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So what, are you saying that there is no evidence of destruction of property, sexual (1) assaults (2), or other crimes?

But I'm sure that you would counter this by saying something about Fox News or some other pitiful excuse. Or another excuse, like projection, strawman, or some other "fallacy" excuse you use to try to back out of a response.

We can't help it if you wish to keep your head buried in the sand, or up somebody's ***.
Of course not. Certain things happened but they're not representative of the whole. You seem to think they are.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Wait, so by agreeing you're denying any assertion that the media is liberally biased? Huh. That's just... hmmm.
I already explained where I think media bias lies. It was the general sentiment expressed in King's post so I agreed. What's the problem?

Edit: Eew, uneventful 6000th post :0
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Dawnn
By Dawn Charis 2014-08-24 23:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course not. Certain things happened but they're not representative of the whole. You seem to think they are.

I already explained where I think media bias lies. It was the general sentiment expressed in King's post so I agreed. What's the problem?

grats on your 6k post
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-25 01:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like the 5999 before it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-25 01:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How petty.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-25 01:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
How petty.

How childish.

"prepares for spitballs"
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-08-25 05:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I think too much focus is put on simply getting the grade and passing the class. The key being that people have the degree as the goal and not the knowledge the degree represents. It breeds a generation of minimalists, people who never go above and beyond. Another problem is the massive anti-blue collar sentiment. Many, if not most, professional/technical fields pay just as well as their white collar counterparts. I made more money as a heavy equipment mechanic than I did working as a project manager on the development/manufacturing side. The difference being that if I told people I was a project manager, I got a very different response than if I told them I was a mechanic. I can't even say I worked harder in the shop than I did on the production floor or in the office, but people's perceptions are what matter to a lot of people.

There is a surplus of professional/technical jobs in this country that people aren't willing to get the minimal training required for because they think that a BS/BA is more respectable. Personally, work is work, it's a means to fund my personal life. I give 100% at work, but when I'm off the clock, that's my time, and the fruits of my labor are not in a title I can wave around, but in the quality of time I can spend with my family.

I think this is more because of our education system then anything else, we praise "higher education" at the expense of practical life skills. We've created a culture within our education that worships getting the highest or the most number of degree's possible and that it will somehow lead to success. This cause's kids to do a bullrush after HS and make a beeline for the highest degree possible while wracking up at on of debt. Which BTW the next bubble popping with be the student debt bubble, they did the same thing as they did with mortgages. Getting a higher more well rounded education is a good thing but it shouldn't happen immediately after HS, unless your going into a STEM field where the education is tailored strictly for that field. Trades jobs can make a sh!t ton of money, right now there is a huge demand for truckers, who make and save a ton of cash. There are demands for workers of all sorts, cause everyone is trying to catapult themselves into the next Fortune 500 company nobody is doing the trades jobs.

Anyhow I think a better system would be HS -> Associates degree while working -> Entry level jobs while working on Bachelors on the side / at night via distance learning. Cause higher degree's are definitely wanted but only at the mid to upper management level and they want them in financial, statistic or business focused area's. You need a four year degree when your 35 not when your 21.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-25 05:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference being: people won't lose their degrees, like they did their houses.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-25 08:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

#justiceforperry
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-25 08:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha, Bachelor's at 35? One of my friends just finished his PhD and he's not even 30.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-25 08:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
#justiceforperry
#justiceforLehmberg
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-25 08:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Anyhow I think a better system would be HS -> Associates degree while working -> Entry level jobs while working on Bachelors on the side / at night via distance learning. Cause higher degree's are definitely wanted but only at the mid to upper management level and they want them in financial, statistic or business focused area's. You need a four year degree when your 35 not when your 21.
You know how much that would hurt the jobs with specialty degrees?

Heck, us accountants are hurting for new people, but if your plan goes through, there would be even fewer accountants out there than what is currently on the market (which is to say, near zero).

I'm not just talking about public accountants either, private companies are hurting right now that anyone with a 4 year accounting degree can get a job in their Sophomore year of college. It is very rare for a college graduate with an accounting degree to leave college without a job lined up already.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-25 10:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The Confederate flag isn't a symbol of state's rights, at least not anymore. You actually do have to consider people's feelings in this case since public perception does play a large role in what symbols represent. You could maybe argue that it's an unfair stigmatization, but really, just move on to another symbol and stop mining the incredible unpleasantness of the Civil War era.

There you go! More evidence that according to the liberal, "feelings" not "facts" are what matter. Proving once again the most credible piece of advice I ever received:

It's not what you actually said, it's what people "think" you meant. One of the most unfortunate truths there is. Thanks for doing your part Pleebo!
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-25 10:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
I think too much focus is put on simply getting the grade and passing the class. The key being that people have the degree as the goal and not the knowledge the degree represents. It breeds a generation of minimalists, people who never go above and beyond. Another problem is the massive anti-blue collar sentiment. Many, if not most, professional/technical fields pay just as well as their white collar counterparts. I made more money as a heavy equipment mechanic than I did working as a project manager on the development/manufacturing side. The difference being that if I told people I was a project manager, I got a very different response than if I told them I was a mechanic. I can't even say I worked harder in the shop than I did on the production floor or in the office, but people's perceptions are what matter to a lot of people.

There is a surplus of professional/technical jobs in this country that people aren't willing to get the minimal training required for because they think that a BS/BA is more respectable. Personally, work is work, it's a means to fund my personal life. I give 100% at work, but when I'm off the clock, that's my time, and the fruits of my labor are not in a title I can wave around, but in the quality of time I can spend with my family.

I think this is more because of our education system then anything else, we praise "higher education" at the expense of practical life skills. We've created a culture within our education that worships getting the highest or the most number of degree's possible and that it will somehow lead to success. This cause's kids to do a bullrush after HS and make a beeline for the highest degree possible while wracking up at on of debt. Which BTW the next bubble popping with be the student debt bubble, they did the same thing as they did with mortgages. Getting a higher more well rounded education is a good thing but it shouldn't happen immediately after HS, unless your going into a STEM field where the education is tailored strictly for that field. Trades jobs can make a sh!t ton of money, right now there is a huge demand for truckers, who make and save a ton of cash. There are demands for workers of all sorts, cause everyone is trying to catapult themselves into the next Fortune 500 company nobody is doing the trades jobs.

My bfe and I continue to have this conversation that the college system is *** and needs to be revamped since 80%+ of the material that's covered is near useless to the job you may get after graduating. A lot of the courses taught and just the overall structure of classes do not reflect a work environment especially when you have students who end up getting 3-4 day weekends because of how they choose their classes. Now there are basic skills that should be learned such as basic math/reading/writing skills but majority of that should be covered in high school. But what I really want to see is colleges do trimesters with classes from 8am/9am to 5pm to simulate a work environment and just teach the courses related to that field along with any essential course such as math and/or science. Cut out the history/government/English/art and other useless courses. If a STEM major student doesn't know common history and doesn't have the necessary skills to construct a sentence then clearly something was lost along the way through grade school. College is suppose to be schooling to just learn the basics of the subject and when you get your diploma that's basically just a a license to learn more about the field
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-25 10:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, but between the Missouri coverage and the Occupy coverage, each offers a competing bias. The former, as you asserted it, is pro-liberal while the latter is slanted in the opposite direction. What makes one representation more accurate than the other?

Where is the anti liberal bias in "racist white cop, guns down unarmed gentle black giant"?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-25 11:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

College is supposed to be about exposure to new ideas and mastery of field. Not basics, and not a restrictively narrow curriculum.

Somewhere along the line, Volkom turned college into a vocational training program.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-25 11:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Studying a broad or two.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-25 11:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
"racist white cop, guns down unarmed gentle black giant"?

Look... Rick Perry had no choice. He had to shoot that kid... Did you see those crappy cigars that wee tike stole? THEY WERE FLAVORED!

If you're going to steal, make it count... for crying out loud....
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-25 11:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta get dem Swisher Sweets doe !
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-25 11:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
My bfe and I continue to have this conversation that the college system is *** and needs to be revamped since 80%+ of the material that's covered is near useless to the job you may get after graduating. A lot of the courses taught and just the overall structure of classes do not reflect a work environment especially when you have students who end up getting 3-4 day weekends because of how they choose their classes. Now there are basic skills that should be learned such as basic math/reading/writing skills but majority of that should be covered in high school. But what I really want to see is colleges do trimesters with classes from 8am/9am to 5pm to simulate a work environment and just teach the courses related to that field along with any essential course such as math and/or science. Cut out the history/government/English/art and other useless courses. If a STEM major student doesn't know common history and doesn't have the necessary skills to construct a sentence then clearly something was lost along the way through grade school. College is suppose to be schooling to just learn the basics of the subject and when you get your diploma that's basically just a a license to learn more about the field

Can't. Gotta pass standardized testing. Gotta prepare 'em for that.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-25 11:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

they need to put this shot in webster's for the definition of "***eating grin"

which demon did he just finish cutting a deal with before this photo was taken.
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-25 11:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
volkom said: »

Can't. Gotta pass standardized testing. Gotta prepare 'em for that.
Oh that's right. gotta teach to the test. yet some degrees require taking a math course that's equivalent to basic algebra
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-25 11:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
they need to put this shot in webster's for the definition of "***eating grin"

which demon did he just finish cutting a deal with before this photo was taken.
I warned that *** not to get his picture taken until 6 days, 6 hours, and 6 minutes had passed.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-25 11:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Destiny's child > beyonce!!!! YOU DON'T NEED A RING ON IT! YOU'RE INDEPENDENT!!!

First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36