Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 34 35 36
By Altimaomega 2014-08-22 21:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Right so there we go! It has many many meanings, but it can ONLY mean to everyone what it means to you. No other viewpoint will be tolerated!

The alternate meanings are regarding Eastern culture which has little if no bearings in the West. Stop being daft, you damn well know how flying a swastika in the West is going to go over.

Just like the idiots who drape themselves in a Confederate flag. You either do it because you're a racist ***, ignorant of the meaning or as a symbol of rebellion against the system.

If the issue was about states rights, don't tread on me (Gadsden flag) is easily available and gets the point across without co-opting a disgusting symbol of the Souths dark past.

State's rights to decide what people are born with inalienable human rights... Yeah, sounds like it had nothing to do with slavery...

Using that good ole liberal tactic of putting words into peoples mouths that they never said. The Civil War began because Lincoln was elected president w/o being on 10 of the southern states ballots. That was striking the match of the brewing Tariff of abominations that had been going on for decades. The south had no say in the federal government from economics to slavery thus the start of a civil war. Slavery played a factor but it WAS NOT the main topic we fought a civil war over.

However that is a nice picture of yourself, you should be careful posting stuff like that pleebo might get excited.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-22 21:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh, a gay joke. As if people's opinions of you couldn't get any lower.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-22 22:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ooh, a gay joke. As if people's liberal's opinions of you couldn't get any lower.
ftfy
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-22 22:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, at least what he said about the Civil War was more or less on point.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-22 22:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Well, at least what he said about the Civil War was more or less on point.

Who cares about history, we have peoples feelings to consider!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-22 22:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The Confederate flag isn't a symbol of state's rights, at least not anymore. You actually do have to consider people's feelings in this case since public perception does play a large role in what symbols represent. You could maybe argue that it's an unfair stigmatization, but really, just move on to another symbol and stop mining the incredible unpleasantness of the Civil War era.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-22 22:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The Confederate flag isn't a symbol of state's rights, at least not anymore. You actually do have to consider people's feelings in this case since public perception does play a large role in what symbols represent. You could maybe argue that it's an unfair stigmatization, but really, just move on to another symbol and stop mining the incredible unpleasantness of the Civil War era.

So instead of ignorant P.C. people learning history and the proper meaning of symbols you'll perfectly happy to accept the rewrite of history. Sounds like Stockholm syndrome has finally took hold on you pleebo.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-22 22:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, no one is rewriting history. Symbolism is not static. Good luck trying to dissociate the image of slavery from Civil War artifacts, though.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-22 22:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what's funnier, him asserting that he knows history, or that he doesn't know how to use the condition "Stockholm syndrome" properly, I'll give him props for capitalizing the name though.

It's also funny that people think the modern "rebel flag" was the flag of the entire confederacy, the entire war rebellion.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-22 22:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, no one is rewriting history. Symbolism is not static. Good luck trying to dissociate the image of slavery from Civil War artifacts, though.

Never said a cure for stupid existed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-08-22 23:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys talking about symbolism up in hurr?

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-22 23:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'll continue to laugh while people get all riled up over stupid crap. Then again, I laugh a lot because that's 90% of what the left does nowadays.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-22 23:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I'm not sure what's funnier, him asserting that he knows history, or that he doesn't know how to use the condition "Stockholm syndrome" properly, I'll give him props for capitalizing the name though.

It was a play on words because it gets boring calling pleebo out for playing the victim all the time. I didn't expect someone who is constantly bitching about the context of words or phrases all the time to use reading comprehension and a little common sense to get that joke.

Edit: lol and while I was writing this you edited your post to *** about the context of the rebel flag.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-22 23:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'll continue to laugh while people get all riled up over stupid crap. Then again, I laugh a lot because that's 90% of what the general populace does nowadays.
ftfy

edit: never underestimate stupid people in large numbers, mob mentality, etc.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-22 23:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, why else would we get the whole Occupy movement in the first place?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-22 23:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Exactly, why else would we get the whole Benghazi, IRS, Monicka Lewinski, lawsuit against Obama, any other fake scandal in the past 20 years that I'm forgetting? in the first place?

As for the Occupy movement (short of those who abused the opportunity to commit crimes): class warfare is a thing, and they're well within their right to protest against it, as the victims of it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-22 23:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Be careful what you say. Who knows what the Occupy movement could have accomplished if they didn't think getting high, camping, and standing around counted as effective protesting.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-22 23:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'll continue to laugh while people get all riled up over stupid crap. Then again, I laugh a lot because that's 90% of what the left does nowadays.
So edgy!
By Altimaomega 2014-08-22 23:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, why else would we get the whole Benghazi, IRS, Monicka Lewinski, lawsuit against Obama, any other fake scandal in the past 20 years that I'm forgetting? in the first place?

I like how you suggest our presidents lying to us as fake scandals.
Plus the lawsuit against obama isn't a scandal, its a publicity stunt. Please use the proper words, like you HARP on all of us to do.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-22 23:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Be careful what you say. Who knows what the Occupy movement could have accomplished if they didn't think getting high, camping, and standing around counted as effective protesting.

Don't forget the raping and defecating in the city park. Good times........
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-22 23:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So edgy!
So, in response to my comment so far I have a weak attempt at a witty retort and an attempt to share the blame with the right. It appears we're all in agreement.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-22 23:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing spins up the right like mentioning Hilary, they are far more on edge than anyone on the left. Just talking about her gets them riled, just wait until she laughs at Congress again during her testimony on BENGHAZI next month.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-22 23:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Nothing spins up the right like mentioning Hilary, they are far more on edge than anyone on the left. Just talking about her gets them riled, just wait until she laughs at Congress again during her testimony on BENGHAZI next month.

Yeah, if only there were somebody on the right that riled up the left in the same way. *coughBUSHcough*
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-22 23:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if only there were somebody on the right that riled up the left in the same way. *coughBUSHcough*

Hilary is Bush's fault.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-22 23:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

But if a liberal does it, it isn't political spin/witchhunt/partisan/racist/whatever excuse they use for the week, but it's absolute truth!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-22 23:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, too bad Bush is never out there talking, so we could laugh at him. Keep passing the time in exile by fingerpainting.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-22 23:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, too bad Bush is never out there talking, so we could laugh at him. Keep passing the time in exile by fingerpainting.

Way to not make a point about anything, you pretty good at that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-08-22 23:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Heads up, Zah's lurking in here.

I'M CALLING YOU OUT!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-22 23:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ZAH WE'VE GOTTEN OFF TOPIC
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-23 00:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Way to not make a point about anything, you pretty good at that.

Thanks for the laugh, we are still waiting for you to make your first point on this website. I know we will be waiting forever.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 34 35 36