Mass Rise In Children Crossing Into The US

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Mass rise in children crossing into the US
Mass rise in children crossing into the US
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-07-15 13:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

American culture is raping and pillaging for a buck. No more no less. I'm fairly certain we borrowed it from European empires and made claim it was an original idea, which coincidentally is also an other aspect of American culture.

tldr or didn't get the truth within the joke: Americans who cry that we're losing our culture have no clue what American culture is.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-15 13:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Zero feels 400% strongly about that post.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-15 13:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole immigration process needs to be reworked. I'm someone intimately familiar with LEGAL immigration, my wife is a foreign citizen. From her initial visa process as a student a few years before I met her to her most recent permanent residence filings, we've collectively spent about 30 grand in fees, documents, getting immunizations she already had, professional translation of her foreign documents, passport photos over and over, THOUSANDS on just filing fees, hundreds in gas to go back and forth to immigration offices locally and even having to travel almost 600 miles to a regional office twice. She even had to go home at one point for almost 8 months to wait when one of her visa's expired 6 months after filing for an extension and had received no reply. She entered the country legally, studied and worked legally, etc. The system is ***.

Until they make legal immigration feasible, illegal immigration will continue. Building a bigger fence or shooting people at the border or marooning children in the Mojave desert aren't solutions, neither is housing and educating them.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-07-15 13:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Zero feels 400% strongly about that post.

was some serious lag causing the famed triple post. Deleted the first two.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-15 13:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think zero broke the site for a bit.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-07-15 13:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Ask the House, still waiting on them.

Really? I was unaware that the administration could just ship people all across the country without letting receiving state officials know.

Pretty sure federal witness relocation programs (after trial operations) don't notify state officials, as that kind of defeats the purpose.

There are also military bases, federal land, and various "black sites" (not confirmed US locations) to which I'm pretty sure state officials are not notified when transport occurs to these sites even though it goes through the states sovereign terrority.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-15 13:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Possibly. But American "culture" still has a high level of moronic puritanical twatism.
"Culture" in quotes, simply because it is rather difficult to find any kind of uniform culture in the US. Which is kind of one of the the basic concepts for the US.
The US is a "Melting pot culture", which takes, and incorporates the cultures of it's citizens, as it's own. Colonial America took and used German and British culture as it's origins, among Chinese, African, and some Japanese, due to the slave labor forced upon those peoples to build the railways, and tend to the fields, so the lazy proprietors didn't have to do the work they were escaping from as serfs.

As life expanded in the US, so did the myriad of cultures who had heard about it, eventually as "the land of opportunity and The American Dream", come to share their culture, and add to it's prosperity.

But "Not in MY America" has also become it's own culture.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-15 13:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Possibly. But American "culture" still has a high level of moronic puritanical twatism.
"Culture" in quotes, simply because it is rather difficult to find any kind of uniform culture in the US. Which is kind of one of the the basic concepts for the US.
The US is a "Melting pot culture", which takes, and incorporates the cultures of it's citizens, as it's own. Colonial America took and used German and British culture as it's origins, among Chinese, African, and some Japanese, due to the slave labor forced upon those peoples to build the railways, and tend to the fields, so the lazy proprietors didn't have to do the work they were escaping from as serfs.

As life expanded in the US, so did the myriad of cultures who had heard about it, eventually as "the land of opportunity and The American Dream", come to share their culture, and add to it's prosperity.

But "Not in MY America" has also become it's own culture.

N.I.M.B.Y. BABY!
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-15 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We have been dealing with illegal immigration for centuries, American culture will be just fine. No one takes the conservative fear mongering seriously, we just want them to pass some legislation, or at least approve the emergency funding request from the only person doing anything in Washington. But even that seems to be too much. But hey, they did just pass unrelated tax cuts for businesses that would add almost 300 billion to the deficit, hooray!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-15 13:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No one takes the conservative progressive fear mongering seriously
ftfy.

Because who is really pitching a fit? Texas had these immigrants in our Air Force Base for a while now. When they were shipped to California (a progressive dreamland) that is when people started bitching about it.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-15 13:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, nice fantasy, but we have all seen Rick Perry in his new spectacles bitching for the last few weeks now. Conservative outrage is on full blast right now, and it's their own Congressional chamber that is ignoring them.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-15 13:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
No one takes the conservative progressive fear mongering seriously
ftfy.

Because who is really pitching a fit? Texas had these immigrants in our Air Force Base for a while now. When they were shipped to California (a progressive dreamland) that is when people started bitching about it.

More concerned about the welfare of these kids than anything else, really. Both physical and otherwise.

There are, of course, practical discussion regarding logistics and the costs involved. But we are talking about children who probably didn't get much choice in all of this in any fashion.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-15 13:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and, Texas wasn't holding them on an Air Force base, the federal government was, Air Force bases are not state land.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-15 13:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nebraska Governor: Govt Told Me Nothing Before Sending 200 Undocumented Immigrants To My State.

So what's the administration's plan here? Wipe out American culture by allowing in diseased illegal aliens, while not even telling us where they are going? Give me a break!

We are being invaded.

Glass half full! Now, maybe Nebraska can finally know the supreme satisfaction of a belly full of real deal barbacoa, carnitas, fresca, menudo, etc. from mom and pop Mexican restaurants along with border states.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-07-15 13:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We have been dealing with illegal immigration for centuries,
Uh, what?
Immigration wasn't restricted in the US until the 1870s.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-15 13:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

See, this is the problem I have with the Legislative branch right now. There are people out there trying to get on with their lives and no one seems to give a flying ***.

The poor, the disabled, lower and upper middle classes, immigrant children like these. They're trying to get by and not get screwed over.

Sure the rich can sit and *** about their returns on investments - and don't get me wrong, there's enough capilalist in me to believe they are entitled to the fruits of their labors -, but at least they have the sheer cash power to weather the ideological shitstorm that is the Legislative process right now...and some of them are helping it go on and on (again. Both parties. Not taking sides here. They're all *** right now.)
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-15 13:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Nebraska Governor: Govt Told Me Nothing Before Sending 200 Undocumented Immigrants To My State.

So what's the administration's plan here? Wipe out American culture by allowing in diseased illegal aliens, while not even telling us where they are going? Give me a break!

We are being invaded.

Glass half full! Now, maybe Nebraska can finally know the supreme satisfaction of a belly full of real deal barbacoa, carnitas, fresca, menudo, etc. from mom and pop Mexican restaurants along with border states.

God dammit. Now I need to drive 200 miles to eat at my favorite Mexican place. Thank you, Z. Thank you.

(Coincidentally, Erie, Pa has a lot of immigrants going back to its roots and currently supports a rather diverse immigrant crowd; there are groups in the city geared specifically to helping immigrants and refugees. The Mexicans open absolutely fantastic restaurants.)
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-15 13:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We are being invaded.

These kids aren't originating from Mexico lol.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-15 13:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We are being invaded.

These kids aren't originating from Mexico lol.

That's like arguing that the people running the Chinese restaurant are Koreans.

It's still tasty!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-07-15 13:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The obvious thing to do here is to completely open our borders, absolutely abolish any and all citizenship requirements, and then entirely fund the costs of living for the entire planet Earth while sitting around a great big campfire singing songs and playing the bongos with everyone loving everyone else because that’s the humanitarian thing to do… and then once our welfare state comes crashing down because there simply aren’t enough productive citizens to fund it, we can all sit back and relax and be equally destitute together because you’re a racist.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-07-15 14:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We are being invaded.

God dammit. Now I need to drive 200 miles to eat at my favorite Mexican place. Thank you, Z. Thank you.

(Coincidentally, Erie, Pa has a lot of immigrants going back to its roots and currently supports a rather diverse immigrant crowd; there are groups in the city geared specifically to helping immigrants and refugees. The Mexicans open absolutely fantastic restaurants.)

Hurts your soul, doesn't it? Sorry. Skipped lunch. I have food on the brain.

Also, frijoles charros!!! Me gusta!

EDIT: Don't mind Vic. He's being a spoil sport again.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-15 14:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
The obvious thing to do here is to completely open our borders, absolutely abolish any and all citizenship requirements, and then entirely fund the costs of living for the entire planet Earth while sitting around a great big campfire singing songs and playing the bongos with everyone loving everyone else because that’s the humanitarian thing to do… and then once our welfare state comes crashing down because there simply aren’t enough productive citizens to fund it, we can all sit back and relax and be equally destitute together because you’re a racist.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-15 14:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, screw logistics. Ideals (and especially the immigrant votes) are more important.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-15 14:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's actually advocating for that?

Oh right, nobody.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-15 14:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yeah, screw logistics. Ideals (and especially the immigrant votes) are more important.

Every time I discuss any sort of population control people get touchy.

Don't balk at logistics now.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-15 14:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Who's actually advocating for that?

Oh right, nobody.

That's what's happening bro, We're being overrun. The Obama signal is in the sky and the rush is on for "ethnic replacement". We've had it good enough, long enough. It's time Americans felt what it was like to live like the rest of the world.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-15 14:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Every time I discuss any sort of population control people get touchy.

Don't balk at logistics now.
What the hell do we need population control for? We should be encouraging Americans to make more babies.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-07-15 14:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought, if we invaded Mexico and killed them all, there wouldn't be any Mexicans to cross the border. Who'd stop us?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10