Mass Rise In Children Crossing Into The US

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Mass rise in children crossing into the US
Mass rise in children crossing into the US
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
 Leviathan.Redherring
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-22 14:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Redherring said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Well I'd agree with sending the National Guard, to an extent, but not the actual military, but hey.
Better the National Guard than the Texas Militia.

By using the national guard instead of militia they can try to get reimbursed by the federal government.
Wasn't thinking about that.

I was thinking about trained professionals who not only knew when to act and when to control vs a bunch of untrained people who are out to make examples of immigrants.

If the President calls the national guard the federal government has to pay for it. If a state governor calls the national guard the state has to pay but can seek reimbursement.
Again, I wasn't thinking about the monitary situation.

Texas can afford to pay for the National Guard to defend the border. We have had a surplus of tax funds for many years now and have nearly $19 billion in unrestricted "governmental equity" because of it.

We can afford to support our own National Guard for years without the help of the federal government. In most cases, we aren't even reimbursed for maintaining/training the National Guard (see link above for proof).

Just cause they have the extra money it does not mean they want to pay for it. If not why were they not sent out months ago?
Doesn't matter to be honest. The reason why we haven't sent out the National Guard to the border is because us Texas citizens do not want them to go there.

*Gasp*A governmental body who actually listens to the citizens they represent? What a strange and foreign concept!

No wonder Texans have a much higher respect for the Texas government than the federal government...

So if they do not want them there and the state government listens to them, why has Perry been so vocal in public about it and why is he sending them there?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-07-22 14:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed the entire point of the statement to go on your little tirade

no, I was saying your entire point was baseless, but ok, lol.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 14:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'd agree with sending the National Guard, to an extent, but not the actual military, but hey.

By using the national guard instead of militia they can try to get reimbursed by the federal government.

I was thinking about trained professionals who not only knew when to act and when to control vs a bunch of untrained people who are out to make examples of immigrants.

If the President calls the national guard the federal government has to pay for it. If a state governor calls the national guard the state has to pay but can seek reimbursement.

Texas can afford to pay for the National Guard to defend the border. We have had a surplus of tax funds for many years now and have nearly $19 billion in unrestricted "governmental equity" because of it.

We can afford to support our own National Guard for years without the help of the federal government. In most cases, we aren't even reimbursed for maintaining/training the National Guard (see link above for proof).

Just cause they have the extra money it does not mean they want to pay for it. If not why were they not sent out months ago?
Doesn't matter to be honest. The reason why we haven't sent out the National Guard to the border is because us Texas citizens do not want them to go there.

*Gasp*A governmental body who actually listens to the citizens they represent? What a strange and foreign concept!

No wonder Texans have a much higher respect for the Texas government than the federal government...

So if they do not want them there and the state government listens to them, why has Perry been so vocal in public about it and why is he sending them there?
A) Perry is vocal about it because he is the governor of Texas. His only way to get people to get their representatives to vote for funding this is to make a public statement on it.

Gawd, don't you know Politics 101?

B) Perry isn't sending the National Guard to police the border, he is sending them to protect citizens and reporters during the mini-crisis we are having in Brownsville and Laredo at the moment. He "wants" them to police the border, but he can't do that without federal government or Texas Congress approval.
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-22 14:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

A) Perry is vocal about it because he is the governor of Texas. His only way to get people to get their representatives to vote for funding this is to make a public statement on it.

B) Perry isn't sending the National Guard to police the border, he is sending them to protect citizens and reporters during the mini-crisis we are having in Brownsville and Laredo at the moment. He "wants" them to police the border, but he can't do that without federal government or Texas Congress approval.

he said he is sending them to "combat criminals" guess you can spin that either way.

If the people in texas don't want them there why is he making these statements and why are they going there? thought you said the texas government does what their people want.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2014-07-22 14:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Im Confused, I thought Kingnobody said he was going to stop posting?
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-22 14:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »

it was just a game, like politicians saying they are going to change things.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 15:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

he said he is sending them to "combat criminals" guess you can spin that either way.

If the people in texas don't want them there why is he making these statements and why are they going there? thought you said the texas government does what their people want.
Read A) and B) again.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 15:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43741/fare-thee-well-ffxiah/8/#2662569
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-22 15:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Read A) and B) again.

Potato Potatoe
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-07-22 15:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this, a competition to see who can have the biggest quote string?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 15:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't help it if you asked the same two questions and expect two different answers from me.

I'm not Obama for crying out loud!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 15:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
More like I got lazy and didn't spoiler the last response.
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-22 15:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Nope, the longest!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-22 16:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pointless to activate the national guard in this case, it costs money and the weekend soldiers will get nothing from the VA if they crash their helicopter or shoot themselves in the foot. They aren't going to do anything else.

It's been like 3 weeks now and still nothing from the House.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-22 16:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Our VA isn't even taking care of our current soldiers and veterans anyway, so what's the difference?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-07-22 21:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The Republican plan, Do nothing, give Obama no resources to do anything about the problem, blame Obama.

The Democratic plan: blame Republicans.

I think the Dems win this round but it will all be decided by black money won't it?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-07-22 21:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The Senate passed bipartisan immigration reform last year, it would not have prevented Hondurans from fleeing the murders, but it would have made it easier to process these people. Still waiting on the House to attempt something.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-25 07:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

^^ Amnesty
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-07-25 10:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
The Republican plan, Do nothing, give Obama no resources to do anything about the problem, blame Obama.

The Democratic plan: blame Republicans.

I think the Dems win this round but it will all be decided by black money won't it?

Pfft all these kids will hit local schools this fall (right before the election) and local communities will be slammed with the costs of educating them. I'm not sure how smart this really is for the administration. Lots of news how the administration is "dumping" kids into states without even telling folks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 06:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
President Barack Obama's pledge to fast-track the deportation of migrant children from Central America is out of step with the opinion of a majority of Americans, who say the children should be allowed to stay in the United States, at least for a while.
Obama vow to speed deportation of children at odds with public opinion
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 07:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile the evil Koch Brothers are up to no good.

Quote:
Its organizers pitch conservative ideals while offering tutorials on U.S. immigration law, support for overhauling the broken immigration system that stops short of campaigning for the Senate's bipartisan bill and collecting donations for the unaccompanied children crossing the United States-Mexico border illegally.

In effect, it is a shadow GOP — one with a gentle emphasis on social services and assimilation over a central party often seen as hostile to immigrants and minorities.

"We've gone to areas that other conservative organizations don't typically go," said Libre's Texas director Rafael Bejar, who helped distribute candy-packed Easter baskets at a San Antonio elementary school. Tucked in with the sweets: a pamphlet in English and Spanish noting that the national debt is approaching $17 trillion.

It's a subtle approach, for sure, when compared to other groups' sometimes angry rhetoric. While some conservatives are staging protests over the waves of immigrant children pouring into the United States, Libre is working with a Tucson, Arizona, church to collect donations for the children being held at federal sites. A similar effort in Texas' Rio Grande Valley, the epicenter for the immigration surge, is on deck.

It's merely the latest effort of the Koch-backed pitch to Hispanic voters and the effort to shape the future of the Republican Party and American politics. In June the United Negro College Fund, which provides scholarships to students attending historically black colleges, announced a $25 million donation from Koch Industries and the Charles Koch Foundation.
Koch brothers reach out to Hispanics
[+]
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-08-11 07:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
President Barack Obama's pledge to fast-track the deportation of migrant children from Central America is out of step with the opinion of a majority of Americans, who say the children should be allowed to stay in the United States, at least for a while.
Obama vow to speed deportation of children at odds with public opinion

I don't think they should stay period, we're the ones who are going to be paying for the kids because their home nation can't give them the quality of life that they find here. Something needs to be done, but they shouldn't be here if they came illegally, children or not.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 07:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

On the surface looks good. But seeing the things the Koch brothers have said and done for the past 30 years, I suspect anything they do of being subversive on some level. They're far to smart to "give away" money.

Reminds me of the scene in Batman.

Quote:
The Joker: And now, folks, it's time for "Who do you trust!" Hubba, hubba, hubba! Money, money, money! Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money. And where is the Batman? HE'S AT HOME; WASHING HIS TIGHTS!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 08:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when you have one sided 'free' trade agreements like NAFTA or in this case CAFTA.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-11 08:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
On the surface looks good. But seeing the things the Koch brothers have said and done for the past 30 years, I suspect anything they do of being subversive on some level. They're far to smart to "give away" money.

Quote:
The Joker: And now, folks, it's time for "Who do you trust!" Hubba, hubba, hubba! Money, money, money! Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money. And where is the Batman? HE'S AT HOME; WASHING HIS TIGHTS!

Now now, not every charity donation is made with ill intent.

Heck, I would be hard pressed to say that even 1%, that is one percent of every charity donation, even by the Koch Brothers, is made out of ill intent.

When I donate cash to Goodwill and the Salvation Army, I'm not doing it for to, as it is with popular liberal rhetoric, "keeping the poor down" (that's the government's job, not mine). When I donate to Wounded Warriors, it's not to laugh at our soldiers, but to help our brave men and women try to live a normal life after suffering from a life-changing event. When I give to the SA Animal League, it's certainly not to help support PETA...
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 08:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Quote:

Now now, not every charity donation is made with ill intent.

Heck, I would be hard pressed to say that even 1%, that is one percent of every charity donation, even by the Koch Brothers, is made out of ill intent.

When I donate cash to Goodwill and the Salvation Army, I'm not doing it for to, as it is with popular liberal rhetoric, "keeping the poor down" (that's the government's job, not mine). When I donate to Wounded Warriors, it's not to laugh at our soldiers, but to help our brave men and women try to live a normal life after suffering from a life-changing event. When I give to the SA Animal League, it's certainly not to help support PETA...

Well I'm not suggesting the Kochs are going to try gassing the kids after giving them money like the Joker did...

I just suspect that their names and ideals will be readily available to leave an impression on these kids.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10