Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 56 57 58
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 11:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Apples to oranges. This is not about an equivalent deception between the sexes. This video stats quite clearly that we're deceiving men based on what they dread the most.

I bet if we had these guys pretend to be serial killers the girls would react far less civil.
Pretend to be serial killers? What?

Whip out the knife and almost go Michael Myers on them. But stop before it pierces their flesh.

[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-26 11:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Apples to oranges. This is not about an equivalent deception between the sexes. This video stats quite clearly that we're deceiving men based on what they dread the most.

I bet if we had these guys pretend to be serial killers the girls would react far less civil.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 11:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi is just a narcissist. He understands the concepts of compassion, empathy, and deceny to others, he just can't really manage to make his own emotional connection unless he stands to gain.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-26 11:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As someone raised in a Christian country, I learned that there was a historical Jesus. Now historical analysis finds no clear evidence that Jesus existed. If not, Christianity was fabricated, just like Mormonism and other religions. Why do people choose to believe religious fictions?

Given the depth of religious tradition in Christian countries, where the "Christian era" calendar is based upon the presumed life of Jesus, it would be astonishing if there was no evidence of a historical Jesus. After all, in an era when there were scores of messianic prophets, why go to the trouble of making one up?

In History, Jesus Was a No Show
Various historical scholars attempted to authenticate Jesus in the historical record, particularly in the work of Jesus-era writers. Michael Paulkovich revived this project as summarized in the current issue of Free Inquiry.

Paulkovich found an astonishing absence of evidence for the existence of Jesus in history. "Historian Flavius Josephus published his Jewish Wars circa 95 CE. He had lived in Japhia, one mile from Nazareth - yet Josephus seems unaware of both Nazareth and Jesus." He is at pains to discredit interpolations in this work that "made him appear to write of Jesus when he did not." Most religious historians take a more nuanced view agreeing that Christian scholars added their own pieces much later but maintaining that the historical reference to Jesus was present in the original. Yet, a fudged text is not compelling evidence for anything.

Paulkovich consulted no fewer than 126 historians (including Josephus) who lived in the period and ought to have been aware of Jesus if he had existed and performed the miracles that supposedly drew a great deal of popular attention. Of the 126 writers who should have written about Jesus, not a single one did so (if one accepts Paulkovich's view that the Jesus references in Josephus are interpolated).

Paulkovich concludes:

When I consider those 126 writers, all of whom should have heard of Jesus but did not - and Paul and Marcion and Athenagoras and Matthew with a tetralogy of opposing Christs, the silence from Qumram and Nazareth and Bethlehem, conflicting Bible stories, and so many other mysteries and omissions - I must conclude that Christ is a mythical character.

He also considers striking similarities of Jesus to other God-sons such as Mithra, Sandan, Attis, and Horus. Christianity has its own imitator. Mormonism was heavily influenced by the Bible from which founder Joseph Smith borrowed liberally.
If Jesus Never Existed, Religion May Be Fiction
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-26 11:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Nausi is just a narcissist. He understands the concepts of compassion, empathy, and deceny to others, he just can't really manage to make his own emotional connection unless he stands to gain.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-09-26 11:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
As someone raised in a Christian country, I learned that there was a historical Jesus. Now historical analysis finds no clear evidence that Jesus existed. If not, Christianity was fabricated, just like Mormonism and other religions. Why do people choose to believe religious fictions?
What does this writer mean by NOW?

There is no trace of Jesus benJoseph in the historical record. Never a hint. A LOT of the holy land archeology is about trying to find a trace of him.

Something to think about. In Jewish and Christian theology the messiah MUST be descended by the male line from David. According to Christian theology Jesus was born of a virgin and therefore has NO male line....
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 11:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I get the whole superficial thing I think its there for all of us to some degree...

I don't get the serial killer reference though.
By fonewear 2014-09-26 11:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Serial killers need love too !
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 11:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I get the whole superficial thing I think its there for all of us to some degree...

I just don't see any validity -- or purpose -- in being a douchebag to someone who's clearly insecure enough to fudge their appearance. Obviously they've got issues. The polite "I'm sorry, this isn't what I envisioned and this probably isn't going to work out" is probably going to be hard enough on them already.

But that might require an ounce of insight, compassion, or empathy.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 11:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Serial killers need love too !

Needed.

Too late now.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 11:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
If Jesus Never Existed, Religion May Be Fiction

Jesus was just a rip off of Cthulhu.

He drove us mad for our sins.

Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 11:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't see any validity -- or purpose -- in being a douchebag to someone who's clearly insecure enough to fudge their appearance. Obviously they've got issues. The polite "I'm sorry, this isn't what I envisioned and this probably isn't going to work out" is probably going to be hard enough on them already.

You'd feel sorry for the girl cause she's fat but not sorry to the guy for being deceived. You have no empathy for the guy's feelings whatsoever.

The guy is victim in the deception and you're turning him into the aggressor.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 11:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you watch the video, the guy in the beginning says the #1 fear women have in going on blind dates is that the guy will end up being a serial killer, and that the #1 fear men have is that the girl will be fat.

Therefore it is not the same trick to dress up a man in a fat suit to bait n switch a woman as it is to dress a woman up in a fat suit to bait n switch a man. In order to see the appropriate femal response you need to bait and switch the guy as a serial killer instead of fat.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-26 12:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You have no empathy for the guy's feelings whatsoever.

/tearsoffacornerofyourmancard

because a man shouldn't have feelings, jackass.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 12:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd feel sorry for the girl cause she's fat but not sorry to the guy for being deceived. You have no empathy for the guy's feelings whatsoever.

The only thing this guy is a victim of is his own limited knowledge of what gives a person worth.

Done trying to explain it to you. If you don't get it by now you're not going to.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 12:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you watch the video, the guy in the beginning says the #1 fear women have in going on blind dates is that the guy will end up being a serial killer, and that the #1 fear men have is that the girl will be fat.

Therefore it is not the same trick to dress up a man in a fat suit to bait n switch a woman as it is to dress a woman up in a fat suit to bait n switch a man. In order to see the appropriate femal response you need to bait and switch the guy as a serial killer instead of fat.
That is not my #1 fear!

Makes a little more sense now but still nowhere near practical. Some guys would date a fat girl... If a guy comes to a blind date with a knife and some rope everyone would be screaming for their lives... there might be some mace or even a concealed handgun to ward off the oncoming attacker... It would not be wise to try this at home kids!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-26 12:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That is not my #1 fear!

what is?

zombies? robots? robot zombies? the second coming?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 12:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone feels sorry for her because she's fat but more because the guys being a real ahole about it lol...

The deception is easily unveiled on sight and he could just walk away with not much to lose at that point.

Personally I don't believe much of how people describe themselves on the net and everyone should be a little suspicious about that stuff until they actually meet. I don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it out to be anyways.

Both sides should just move on.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-26 12:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
You have no empathy for the guy's feelings whatsoever.

/tearsoffacornerofyourmancard

because a man shouldn't have feelings, jackass.
Only if you are a macho man.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 12:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That is not my #1 fear!

what is?

Well if we're talking all round here it would be Nik... that *** is terrifying...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-26 12:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That is not my #1 fear!

what is?

We all know what Flavin's greatest fear is.

The dreaded Bat Boy!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 12:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing this guy is a victim of is his own limited knowledge of what gives a person worth.

Done trying to explain it to you. If you don't get it by now you're not going to.

Are we suppose to have respect (insight, compassion, or empathy) for someone that so outrageously lies to us before we even meet them? Would you teach your kids that?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 12:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That is not my #1 fear!

Makes a little more sense now but still nowhere near practical. Some guys would date a fat girl... If a guy comes to a blind date with a knife and some rope everyone would be screaming for their lives... there might be some mace or even a concealed handgun to ward off the oncoming attacker... It would not be wise to try this at home kids!
It's totally practical, it doesn't need to be at all obvious. The guy could come in looking like he just killed someone. Messed hair, soft scratches on his arms and face. maybe a little blood on his shirt. C'mon...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 12:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we suppose to have respect (insight, compassion, or empathy) for someone that so outrageously lies to us before we even meet them? Would you teach your kids that?
I guess I don't get why you're so adamant about shaming someone if they lied to you. Why not just walk away?
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 12:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Told you I was done with you. That you can't manage to understand why someone may lie about their weight in the first place, and consider it such an egregious sin against the poor, poor victim who thought he was meeting a skinny chick, I don't have the time of day to try to teach you things your parents clearly failed to impart. Clearly one of the many things at which they failed as parents.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-26 12:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I'd feel sorry that the guy was deceived. But being sympathetic for someone's situation isn't carte blanche to be a douche.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-26 12:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what the big deal about people and the truth anyway.

I got my *** chewed out by one of my bosses yesterday because he thought I was lying to him.

I really wanted to tell him that it is perfectly possible to tell the truth and lie to him at the same time. But then I probably would have gotten my *** chewed out for contradicting him also.

Didn't help that my manager was in on that meeting either....

The truth is all about perception. Why can't people understand that?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 12:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That is not my #1 fear!

It's totally practical, it doesn't need to be at all obvious. The guy could come in looking like he just killed someone. Messed hair, soft scratches on his arms and face. maybe a little blood on his shirt. C'mon...
I just see that going all sorts of wrong. Why not just have the guy say he has a foot long and instead show up with a micro dong!
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 12:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't know what the big deal about people and the truth anyway.

I got my *** chewed out by one of my bosses yesterday because he thought I was lying to him.

I really wanted to tell him that it is perfectly possible to tell the truth and lie to him at the same time. But then I probably would have gotten my *** chewed out for contradicting him also.

Didn't help that my manager was in on that meeting either....

The truth is all about perception. Why can't people understand that?
It's a part of the ***pile rolling down hill.... In any case if you didn't lie then they can't do anything to you. If you did then get ready to bend over because they found out!
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-26 12:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally, kids are taught that *** for tat is not a good policy.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 56 57 58