Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58
By Altimaomega 2016-01-04 14:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Dude you're hopeless.
Because I actually comprehend the the things I read?

To get this
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Took me a minute to realize you just meant immigrants; I was here wondering if I missed the extraterrestrial d-day in Texas.
out of this
Altimaomega said: »
Refusing to secure our broken borders from illegal alien invasion
Requires some form of mental conditioning.
By fonewear 2016-01-04 14:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Meet your future leader !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-04 14:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop it fone!

We can't unsee that! You are warping our minds!

At least spoiler that ***! And give people warning too!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-04 14:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that can never be unseen!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-04 14:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My mind....

My precious....beautiful...mind.

It's forever warped with that hideous image....

(and yes, I'm opening up a lot of snide comments with this post. Have at it.)
By fonewear 2016-01-04 14:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My mind is warped by this:
By Altimaomega 2016-01-04 14:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Oh yeah that is a completely legitimate source, the link at the bottom under references takes you to the Bundy website. LOL.

The fact that you believe any source of information is completely legitimate is evidence enough to conclude you are misinformed.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-04 14:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Where are the FEMA camps already?! The waiting is killing me.
You expect the government to get anything right and/or on time?

Hell, there's a department for the red tape!
I wouldn't doubt there's a Dept. of Red Tape.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-04 23:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Oh yeah that is a completely legitimate source, the link at the bottom under references takes you to the Bundy website. LOL.

The fact that you believe any source of information is completely legitimate is evidence enough to conclude you are misinformed.

No, its not. You need to stop using blogs as sources, I have told you that before. Maybe it is you just don't understand the difference between bias and credibility. Is FoxNews bias? Yes. Are they credible? Yes. Same for CNN. They are actual reporters who go out there and get the facts. These bloggers don't do anything, I mean they list the Bundy family website as their primary source. Really?
By Altimaomega 2016-01-04 23:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they don't.. And yes.. CNN and FOX are bias.. It would be a stretch to call anyone credible anymore. Every poster here has used blogs as sources. I will give you credit though as I'm sure you have not. That would require backing up anything you say.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-11 21:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump's biggest nuisance, being called boring.

Quote:
At a campaign stop Monday, GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump faced some of his fiercest critics: several hecklers complaining that the bombastic business mogul was "boring."

Trump's rally in Windham, New Hampshire, was briefly interrupted when hecklers began loudly criticizing the candidate's unremarkable speech.

"This is boring!" one said. "Tell some jokes. Entertain us."

The insult appeared to get under Trump's skin, as he quickly called for the heckler's removal.

"Get him out of here," Trump said. "Nothing funny about this."
Donald Trump Endures Most Painful Insult Yet On The Campaign Trail

It also appears that Huff Post has decided to place Trump stories back into the politics section instead of limiting them to entertainment.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-11 21:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"I love Donald but it's getting a little boring," the man said. "It's getting a little boring."

Seems like this guy knows whats up.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-11 22:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

one said. "Tell some jokes. Entertain us."
RIP America.. RIP..
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-12 03:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

one said. "Tell some jokes. Entertain us."
RIP America.. RIP..
Being president is now about "entertainment onry!"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-16 01:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the title caught my eye.

Why I Ignore Chelsea Clinton and You Should Too
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-26 18:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Indiana never learns.

How Indiana, Incredibly, Is on the Road Again to Passing Discriminatory Anti-LGBT Laws

TLDR: Politics as parlor tricks. The state lost $60m over their last foray into this territory. (Governmental election there this year.) But the republican base! But business interests!

Quote:
Unbelievably, Indiana Republicans, who last year were at the center of a national firestorm over an anti-LGBT Religious Restoration Freedom Act (RFRA) -- and were forced to retreat on it in large part -- are at it again. This time it's even worse, with a series of bills that include what one activist called a "Super-RFRA," which would repeal and replace the watered-down RFRA that was passed last year in response to the controversy. Business leaders were out front last year -- corporations like Indianapolis-based Eli Lilly and Angie's List -- threatening to pull out of the state and support national boycotts. But this year, so far, the response from local and national corporations has been tepid.

Republicans are beginning debate this week on the bills, two of which ironically follow up on vows to protect LGBT people, but with dangerous, far-reaching religious exemptions. One bill excludes protections for transgender people altogether, as "bathroom panic" is rearing its head in Indiana as it did in Houston. GOP Governor Mike Pence, who backed down last year in the face of humiliating national interviews and big business threats, seems perfectly content to encourage the bills, fearful for his political career. In his State of the State address earlier this month he said "religious freedom" needed to be prioritized over LGBT rights and that "no one should ever fear persecution because of their deeply held religious beliefs." It sounded alarms among LGBT activists.

The conundrum for Pence and business leaders is this: The governor, who has been a pro-business Republican in addition to being a religious conservative, is in a tight re-election race year this, against a Democrat he beat by only 3 percentage points in 2012. The passage of laws protecting LGBT rights this year -- and beating back anti-LGBT laws -- is a test of how committed business leaders really are to promoting LGBT rights by pressuring Pence and the GOP. And so far the response is not encouraging. From the Indianapolis Star:
Quote:
Will they go to the mat for LGBT Hoosiers and push to advance civil rights legislation, even if it means handing a potential political advantage to Pence's union-backed opponent, Democrat John Gregg? "I'm not going to take a stab at that question," said Kevin Brinegar, president of the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, which supports LGBT protections. "I'll pass."
If Pence doesn't get evangelicals out to vote by supporting anti-LGBT legislation -- or does anything remotely to help the LGBT community -- he could lose, which business leaders would see as a loss for them too, at least in the short term. This is where it becomes clear that big business is a fair-weather friend. It can seduce people into thinking it cares about civil rights but the bottom line, of course, is what it cares about most.

But business leaders have got to know that, ultimately, if Pence wins by promoting homophobic laws, it's a long-term loss for them. The majority of Indiana residents support LGBT rights. And a recent survey showed that convention planners and tourists around the country still view the state as anti-gay from last year's debacle. A new survey from Visit Indy to be released this week reveals Indiana lost at least $60 million due to the RFRA controversy last year. That number will likely pale in comparison if the state passes anti-gay laws this year, or even has a flashpoint around the issue in the national media. More businesses will stay away from Indiana, and the pressure will only build on businesses in the state.

Pence is a true believer, a religious conservative who lashed out when the Defense of Marriage Act was struck down, fought to uphold Indiana's ban on marriage equality and lamented the Supreme Court's decision last year striking bans across the country, even as he's at times stated he supports equality. So it's hard to believe his heart will be in doing anything for the LGBT community, and moving into the future. Business leaders have got to bite the bullet and let him go.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-18 21:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The Thing Women Do Before First Dates That Men Rarely Think About

Quote:
YouTube Video Placeholder

For women, blind dates can be stressful -- and not because we don't know what to wear.

A new video from YouTube comedy channel Unsolicited Project called "How Women Get Ready for First Dates" captures a crucial difference between women's and men's date-prep routines. (And no, it doesn't involve how long it takes women to pick out an outfit or get all dolled up.)

The video features a woman talking to her roommate before she goes to meet a guy she met on Tinder. Instead of asking how her makeup looks or whether her roommate likes her outfit, the woman focuses on her safety.

“Just remember exactly what I’m wearing right now just in case I go missing," the woman tells her roommate. She looks through her purse and lists all her essential items: Rape whistle, switch blade and, of course, pepper spray.

The dude, on the other hand, throws on his jacket, says bye to his roommate and heads out the door to meet his blind date.

The video is a spot-on commentary on the different approaches men and women take when it comes to safety. What should sound excessive, is sadly pretty typical when it comes to women's preparations for blind dates.

I never went through any of this ****.

The world has so much changed for the worse.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-18 21:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Who actually pays attention to her?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-02 20:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Mitt Romney's Top Strategist Says Hillary Clinton Would Be A Better President Than Donald Trump
Stuart Stevens called Trump "a dangerous person" and "someone who would embarrass America."

Quote:

The Republican Party's top strategist in the 2012 election would rather see Hillary Clinton as the next president than Donald Trump.

"Personally, I think Hillary Clinton would be a better president than Donald Trump because I think that Donald Trump is a dangerous person and is someone who would embarrass America," Stuart Stevens, who advised 2012 nominee Mitt Romney, said Tuesday on Bloomberg's "With All Due Respect."

"I have no desire to see Hillary Clinton as president of the United States," he added. "But if this is the choice -- I will not give her my vote, but I can't support Donald Trump."

Stevens joins a growing number of Republicans who are speaking out and pledging not to back Trump if he wins the GOP nomination. Rep. Scott Rigell (R-Va.) emailed supporters Tuesday and said he refuses to back someone "so lacking in the judgement, temperament and character needed to be our nation's commander-in-chief." Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) said he will look for a third-party candidate if Trump makes it to the general election.

Trump responded to these sorts of criticisms Tuesday, arguing that he has actually expanded the Republican Party by bringing in some independents and Democrats.

"I think we're going to be more inclusive, I think we're going to be more unified and I think we're going to be a much bigger party, and I think we're going to win in November," he said in his Super Tuesday speech in Florida.

Stevens has criticized Trump for months. Trump, meanwhile, has tweeted at Stevens to mock him for Romney's loss.

Former GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich told reporters Tuesday that he believes Republicans should get in line behind the eventual Republican nominee, even if it's Trump.

"I believe when you're faced with a choice with Clinton corruption, appointing radical judges with a disastrous foreign policy, it's very hard for any serious Republican to not support the Republican nominee," he said at a rally in Virginia for former Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R), another Republican candidate. Gingrich has not yet made an endorsement in the 2016 race.

Stevens recently went on the HuffPost podcast Candidate Confessional and talked about why Romney lost in 2012.
Listen here:
Can't copy trump's tweet darnit.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-03 20:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A really insightful view of the Trump candidacy.

And HuffPo isn't usually insightful.

Donald Trump Is What Happens When America Can't Handle Change
And those angry winds are just beginning to blow.

Quote:

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Memo to the world: Donald Trump isn't finished with America yet. In fact, he's just getting started.

Whether he wins the Republican presidential nomination or not, whether he wins the White House or not, he has been, and will remain, the eye of the hurricane that is the 2016 U.S. election.

Trump will endure because his rise is not just the result of his own ruthless salesmanship. He is the product of deeply disruptive forces in American public life today: the volume of crude self-aggrandizement and trash talking, the fear of terrorist attacks and undocumented immigrants, the extreme partisanship, the unsettling demographic shifts, the ratings-obsessed media, the blurred lines between reality and reality TV, the need for instantaneous explanations, and the agony of a middle class squeezed by a world economy.

America usually thrives on change, but once in a generation we're overwhelmed by the pace of it -- and our politics go haywire.

We haven't been this unsettled since the Sixties (actually 1963 to 1975), when the nation was torn by assassination, war, race, corruption and generational change. In presidential politics, the year 1964 produced conservative GOP nominee Barry Goldwater, who horrified the party's establishment; 1968 produced George Wallace, the race-baiting Alabamian who terrorized both parties; and 1972 featured Richard Nixon, who left town two years later after being caught trying to shred the Constitution.

This year, the strain of change has given us a foul-mouthed, proudly insensitive, narcissistic real estate developer with a penchant for flimsy deals, ever malleable views, a shaky relationship with the concept of truth and no experience in government whatsoever.

Would you let a man fly your plane who'd never been a pilot? Pulitzer Prize-winning historian David McCullough

Departing from his usual careful silence about current politics, historian David McCullough, the Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer of John Adams and Harry Truman, told The Huffington Post that a Trump presidency would be an unmitigated disaster for the country.

"Would you let a man fly your plane who'd never been a pilot?" McCullough asked. "Of course you wouldn't. And that's Trump."

Others expressed more practical political concerns. Carlos Gutierrez, a Cuban-born Republican who served as secretary of commerce under George W. Bush, told HuffPost that Trump's anti-immigrant rhetoric could doom the GOP in 2016 by suppressing support in the Hispanic community.

"We need a lot more Hispanic votes than Trump currently can get," said Gutierrez, whose former boss won 40 percent of the Latino vote in 2004. Still, he noted that Trump is ahead in the Florida primary polls, and the home-state senator bidding for the nomination, Marco Rubio, might not be able to stop him there. "It's going to be tough," Gutierrez said.

Thus far, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who dropped out of the race last month, hasn't endorsed anyone. The 2016 contest left raw feelings between him and Rubio, and it's not clear how much help a Bush endorsement would be.

While there is no such thing as a strong, let alone unified, Republican establishment anymore, various factions agree that Trump is a menace who must be stopped. The worried include Wall Street bankers, interventionist "neocons," and many state governors and senators -- not to mention his remaining rivals for the GOP nomination: Rubio, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and Gov. John Kasich of Ohio.

The coalition, such as it is, rolled out Mitt Romney on Thursday to attack Trump. But the former Massachusetts governor wasn't exactly the most convincing prosecutor. He had proudly touted an endorsement from Trump in 2012, the presidential race Romney lost that year was one most Republicans think he should have won, and Trump just won the GOP primary in Massachusetts.

For years, the GOP has mostly postured on social issues for their conservative base rather than seriously address the plight of middle-class voters losing jobs to overseas competition. Trump claims that he is running to sweep away clueless establishment politicians who have no sense of the lives of average Americans. There's no better foil for him than Romney.

The anti-Trump coalition has a plan of sorts. As players of the inside game, they seek to deny Trump the 1,237 delegates he needs to win the nomination on the first ballot at the Republican convention in July. That would create the first truly contested GOP convention since the Ronald Reagan-Gerald Ford battle of 1976.

The strategy depends on first preventing Trump from triumphing in three winner-take-all primaries on March 15 -- in Florida, Ohio and Illinois. The anti-Trump hope is that Rubio manages to win Florida and that Kasich wins Ohio and perhaps Illinois. "Independent" PACs financed by Wall Street and others are paying for massive ad campaigns attacking Trump in those states.

But even if they slow him down, they aren't going to eliminate him. Trump will continue to amass delegates and garner endorsements from scattered Republicans and leaders of various types across the U.S.

If he doesn't get his way, Trump can always threaten to walk out of the GOP convention and take his millions of fed-up, anti-everything voters with him. While the mechanics of running as an independent may be daunting, Trump's ability to command the airwaves cannot be dismissed.

More fundamentally, he will keep tapping into voters' discontent and fear with his simplistic vow to "Make America Great Again" by putting the name Trump on the White House.

McCullough, with his deep understanding of U.S. history, sees Trump as a symbol of the shortcomings of an otherwise vibrant culture, still characterized by medical advances, racial progress, innovation and laudable higher education.

"In our society today, the attention and often the reward goes to the loud, the arrogant, the obnoxious," he said. The very idea of modesty -- the kind that McCullough chronicled in his book about the Wright brothers, who remade the world but never bragged about it -- has all but vanished from America.

Instead, we have a reality TV star named The Donald.
As usual there are links in the post that I shall not embed.
By Altimaomega 2016-03-03 21:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So heavy biased is your definition of insightful huh?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-03-04 10:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So heavy biased is your definition of insightful huh?
No. With HuffPo I assume liberal bias.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-29 10:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[You gotta be shitting me

A editorial in Huff Post otherday. Basically says if you shot a violent criminal meaning to kill you, you are denying the criminal due process.... Seriously you can't make this ***up. I sometimes wonder if its all the liberal idiots in one space.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-29 16:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's an opinion piece Slore, and a fairly worthless opinion IMHO.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-29 16:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What sucks is how people write opinion pieces, and then they think it makes them a journalist.

It's laughable a "journalist" that probably majored in gender studies thinks he knows about criminal and constitutional law.

If a scumbag means to do me harm I'm going to use whatever means necessary to make them stop. It doesn't matter if it's a blade, blunt object, firearm, vehicle or my bare hands.

If they don't want a crippling injury or even death; they should't be committing violent felonies in the first place.

Treat people how you want to be treated. If somebody commits armed robbery they shouldn't be surprised if a victim beats them down or shoots them.

Violent felons lose their rights to vote, right to bear arms, and their rights to privacy. Why would their 6th amendment rights trump my natural right to protect myself.

Not to mention if an individual is committing a felony in a tumultuous or violent manner; against you or property (example: arson). It is in your rights to use self defense to stop them; lethal force included.

YMMV based on which state or country you live in.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-29 18:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Which is why it was published on the Huff Post.

I mean, come on now, since when do they report, you know, news?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-04-29 19:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't sit by and have you say the Huff Post is worthless the Huff Post is my life !
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-04-30 13:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Which is why it was published on the Huff Post.

I mean, come on now, since when do they report, you know, news?
Sometimes they do. Case in point:

Fox News Pundit Pleads Guilty To Faking CIA Ties
He faces up to 40 years in prison.

(Just in case you were wondering about the quality of Fox Corespondents.)

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Fox News guest terrorism analyst pleaded guilty on Friday to U.S. charges that he fraudulently claimed to have been a CIA agent for decades, federal prosecutors said.

Wayne Simmons, 62, of Annapolis, Maryland, entered the plea in U.S. district court in Alexandria, Virginia, a Washington suburb, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in a statement.

The plea came in a hearing in which Simmons changed the not-guilty plea he had made in October.

“His fraud cost the government money, could have put American lives at risk, and was an insult to the real men and women of the intelligence community who provide tireless service to this country,” said Dana Boente, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia.

Simmons had appeared on Fox News, the top-ranked U.S. cable television news network, as an unpaid guest analyst on terrorism since 2002.

A grand jury indicted him in October for portraying himself as an “Outside Paramilitary Special Operations Officer” for the Central Intelligence Agency from 1973 to 2000.

Simmons pleaded guilty to charges of major fraud against the U.S. government, wire fraud and a firearms offense. He faces up to 40 years in prison. Sentencing is set for July 15.

Simmons admitted that he defrauded the government in 2008 when he got work as a team leader in an Army program, and again in 2010 when he was deployed to Afghanistan as an intelligence adviser, the statement said.

He said he made similar false statements in a 2009 bid to get work with the State Department’s Worldwide Protective Service.

Simmons also admitted to defrauding an unidentified woman out of $125,000 in a bogus real estate investment. When he was arrested, Simmons illegally possessed two firearms, which he was barred from having because of prior felonies, including a state conviction and two federal firearms violations.
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58