Asura.Tigredor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2013-01-16 23:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Gohan during the Cell Saga is stronger than Goku because he can ascend to Super Saiyan 2. Goku's basic self is stronger than Gohan's, but Super Saiyan 2 is a multiplicative, and thus puts Gohan over Goku. At the point that Goku can become Super Saiyan 2, he's over-all more powerful than Gohan. Gohan had greater potential.

And as far as I know, Vegetto is technically the strongest. Why he's stronger than Gogeta, I don't know, but he is.

Potara fusion is stronger than the dance because its permanent.

The way Goku talked during the Cell games led me to believe he could beat Cell w/SSJ2 but because Toriyama originally intended to end DBZ with the conclusion of the Android saga he seemed to want to end the series with Gohan surpassing his father and coming out the hero as he had planned ever since he showed that Gohan pushed could beat opponents far above his skill level back with Raditz.

Then Majin Buu happened and it all ended with Goku... then GT again with Goku.

cell games saga Gohan >>>>> Goku.

Goku could not achieve SSJ2 at the time while Gohan could. Pretty simple there.

And Mystic Gohan >>> SSJ3 Goku. Toriyama had Gohan as the strongest unfused z-fighter but the JP fans wanted goku to be the one to be the hero at the end as usual, so he granted their wish by having buu go from a stronger version (Super Buu) to the weaker Kid buu for Goku to defeat.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-01-16 23:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Superman is a god and makes DBZ look reasonable is what I got out of this.

This is why I probably won't enjoy the new movie. Guys got everything and Captain America is the more compelling of the two "American" heroes.

I mean at least Captain America can be legit killed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Strange
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Strange 2013-01-16 23:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aineko said: »
You have another who can come back from the dead as often as he wants, and belongs to a race which gets stronger with each defeat.
doomsday does this too but he can't beat superman again.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-16 23:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I probably won't enjoy the new movie. Guys got everything and Captain America is the more compelling of the two "American" heroes.
To some degree it should be discussing an earlier Superman, one who hasn't fully unlocked his potential, and isn't laughably overpowered.
[+]
 Asura.Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2013-01-16 23:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
I'm fairly certain Mystic Gohan had SSJ3 Goku beat in terms of power.

But who knows, DBZ power comparisons were confusing as hell by the end of the series.

I mean, Tien deflected a world destroying blast from Mystic Super Buu, but then proceeded to do absolutely nothing when the same attack was used against Buu.

Then Goku and Vegeta fought evenly as SSJ's and Goku put up a decent fight against Kid Buu as a SSJ, but Vegeta got annihilated by Kid Buu when he tried.

Mystic Gohan most definitely >>> SSJ3 GOku

Not sure bout the TIen thing, I know he's also used in other scenes that make no sense, such as him being able to basically paralyze Semi-Perfect cell with his tri-beam, even though that Semi-perfect cell >>>>> Super Namek Picollo/the androids which > Base SSJ1 which Tien obviously shouldn't be comparable to.

The Goku as SSJ (SSJ2 to be exact) vs. Kid buu thing is pretty easy enough to explain. It was a filler scene made for the anime that was used to make an epic intro to the fight, and Goku getting owned like he should have wouldn't have worked for that I guess according to the writers lol. In the manga, Goku goes straight to SSj3 at start vs. Kid Buu.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Supahkronic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Supahkronic 2013-01-16 23:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Go and watch Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2. After watching, come back and see if you still feel the same way about Superman beating Goku.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-01-16 23:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Tien was using Tri-Beam in rapid succession to keep him in place. It wasn't actually doing any damage to Cell. Maybe the Tri-Beam just has a lot of force behind it or something. Even attacks they survive/take no damage from, no ones been able to just charge through any ki attacks. Besides Cooler in that filler movie, anyway. <_<

And I wasn't aware that fight was filler, makes sense now.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-01-16 23:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tigredor said: »
Gohan during the Cell Saga is stronger than Goku because he can ascend to Super Saiyan 2. Goku's basic self is stronger than Gohan's, but Super Saiyan 2 is a multiplicative, and thus puts Gohan over Goku. At the point that Goku can become Super Saiyan 2, he's over-all more powerful than Gohan. Gohan had greater potential.

And as far as I know, Vegetto is technically the strongest. Why he's stronger than Gogeta, I don't know, but he is.

The way Goku talked during the Cell games led me to believe he could beat Cell w/SSJ2 but because Toriyama originally intended to end DBZ with the conclusion of the Android saga he seemed to want to end the series with Gohan surpassing his father and coming out the hero as he had planned ever since he showed that Gohan pushed could beat opponents far above his skill level back with Raditz.

And Mystic Gohan >>> SSJ3 Goku. Toriyama had Gohan as the strongest unfused z-fighter but the JP fans wanted goku to be the one to be the hero at the end as usual, so he granted their wish by having buu go from a stronger version (Super Buu) to the weaker Kid buu for Goku to defeat.

It was stated pretty well that "Kid Buu" was the strongest Buu, that his absorptions of the Kai weakened him.

Pretty sure Goku (alive) SS3 was stronger as well, if Gohan had bothered to go SS2 after the old Kai did his dance, well then maybe not, but we never really got to see that now did we?

oh and as for the Cell saga: if Goku actually spent his time training instead of watching Gohan, he would have fully obtained SS2 then as well. But instead he decided to spend his time watching Gohan. He had actually gained enough power to equal that stage, just not "fully" as the bulk up slowed him down, so if somehow they managed to restrict cell's movements, or con him into a wave attack like they did later, he probably could have wiped him out with a blast, easily.

But instead he decided to get blown up, and go run off and play with the dead people instead of take care of his wife and kid (and other kid that he didn't know about).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-01-16 23:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kid Buu was the strongest base form, yes. But Super Buu, after he absorbed Gohan, was more powerful than Kid Buu was.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-01-16 23:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kid Buu was the strongest base form, yes. But Super Buu, after he absorbed Gohan, was more powerful than Kid Buu was.
I'd like to know where you're pulling that from.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashido
user: Ashido
By Lakshmi.Ashido 2013-01-16 23:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you know who wins all ? no body. because were all nerds/otaku who have hardons for what if's .

As stated by Screw Attack , and the offical DB/Z encyclopedia , Power levels are indeed *** .

What is hot is raenil's avatar though.

I leave you all with this thought .

[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-01-16 23:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

From the bit where SSJ3 Goku and SSJ(2?) Vegeta together couldn't touch Super Buu until they fused, but Goku alone did reasonably well against Kid Buu by himself in SSJ3.

Granted, like I said, it's hard to tell for sure.

EDIT: And yes, Fang is ridiculously hot.
 Asura.Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2013-01-16 23:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Tigredor said: »

It was stated pretty well that "Kid Buu" was the strongest Buu, that his absorptions of the Kai weakened him.

Pretty sure Goku (alive) SS3 was stronger as well, if Gohan had bothered to go SS2 after the old Kai did his dance, well then maybe not, but we never really got to see that now did we?

No. What was stated about Kid Buu is that he's the most "Dangerous" Buu, because he's unpredictable and has absolutely no conscience, hence him blowing up the earth within seconds of assuming kid buu form. Also the only absorbtion that "weakened" buu was the fat kai, the south Kai turned buu into what fans dubbed as "Ultra Buu" which is far stronger than Kid buu(possibly stronger than Super Buu)

There's absolutely no way that Ssj3 goku is at all comparable to Mystic Gohan. It is very clearly stated that Super Buu >>> GOku, and obviously Mystic Gohan >> Super Buu.

Gohan couldn't go SSj anymore after the mystic powerup, and it wasn't needed. The mystic powerup was pretty cheap, but what it basically did is unlock Gohans full potential as if he'd trained for years/years+ and reached the pinnacle of his possible power and put it in his base form. He was basically a SSJ3+++(far more potential than GOku of course as seen since the beginning of the story) without the massive energy consumption or need for transformation.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-16 23:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Also video is flawed. They say Supermans weakness is the inability to hurt others, and yet he and Goku destroy the earth during the video.
[+]
 Asura.Tigredor
By Asura.Tigredor 2013-01-16 23:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's bad enough that you think Kid buu > Super Buu, but from what your saying Kid Buu > Gotenks Buu as well. Dunno where your getting your info from but show some evidence that supports that.

edit: fyi Gotenks ssj3 > Goku SSj3
By Kimble2013 2013-01-16 23:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

its Jetackuu, what ever he says is always 100% correct. In his mind.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2013-01-17 00:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The final determining factor in such a fight would be Goku's love of battle and possible willingness to use lethal force versus Superman's vastly superior intellect. Goku might not be as dumb as he seems, but Superman is beyond a genius and actually usually wins mostly with his mind. Outsmarting Goku would be child's play for Superman, and he would most likely make Goku beat himself. He's just way, way too smart for him.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-01-17 00:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite all the math nerdness aside, I feel confident that the videos ending of the battle (in my opinion, of course) would prove fairly accurate. They would both eventually go all out, which would destroy everything except superman in the end. I'm not a comic book person at all nor have I seen many marvel/dc or whatever movies, but I did watch a good long bit of the Dragonball series.

I should be biased in opinion but knowing what I know of both characters I think the video surmised everything logically the best it could.

Blame the video's sources and "helpers" for the math booboos on the DBZ size though.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-01-17 01:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They threw around a lot of interesting physics, but then they completely ignored relativity when working with speed.

I had a sad.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-01-17 01:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Superman 64 vs. DBGT: Final Bout
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-17 04:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Never was stated that Kid Buu was the strongest. It was stated he was the most dangerous (pure evil, destroyed the planet in a second w/o hesitation, etc.)

Just think of it this way.

Vegetto was the strongest character period. Of course they'd give him the strongest Buu to fight with (Buuhan)

Edit:
Multiple translations of this, but they've all basically said the same thing but in diff words.

At this point in the series, he has been every single type of Buu except Super Buu, including Super Buu. I think he knows his own power more than anyone else.

Then just on the basis that Super Buu has Gohan as well, who is stronger than Gotenks + the ingredients of Gotenks (goten + trunks), safe to say that Buuhan > Buutenks > Rest of the Buus
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-01-17 07:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

To further douse their understanding of DBZ, Goku is unable to utilize the Spirit bomb in a super sayian state, hence to actually wield it against kid buu, he reverts back to base form. (As shown in this, quite frankly poor video, he completely utilizises it while under super sayian against super man.)

(Spirit bomb is a move that you need to be of pure-heart, and once goku transforms, he loses bits of that to anger, etc.)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-01-17 07:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Genkidama wouldn't be that big just from the sun either lol
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2013-01-17 07:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I stopped watching death battle when Link somehow beat Cloud >_>
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-01-17 07:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is fun. I really dont like how in the video Goku's Kamehameha only destroyed 1 building nor do I like the power output he was measured at the end. I did, on the otherhand, learn a LOT about Superman(I was never interested with his comics D:)
 Asura.Escorian
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2013-01-17 07:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
I stopped watching death battle when Link somehow beat Cloud >_>
.... Do not bring that drama into this thread please -.-; that video has enough of it.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-01-17 08:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Buu at one point almost rips reality apart by screaming and powering up. By the time Goku reaches SSJ4 he's ridiculously powerful in his base, adult, form let alone in SSJ4 mode.

The power scales in DBZ are unbelievable, and dwarf anything in the DC multiverse. Superman's greatest "feats" are kinda trivial compared to some accidental consequences characters in DBZ can cause by merely powering up.

Also, Superman does have a limiter hardwired into his power. He can't surpass the total power of all his energy sources. So his power is limited to the maximum energy available by the total of yellow stars available to him.

Goku would have no trouble exterminating stars with little effort.

Non-cannon Goku abilities should be allowed as well since we're allowing SSJ4 which itself is not part of the main DB cannon. If you accept SSJ4, which the video did, then you have to accept "Super Kaioken", which even without filler has never been confirmed or refuted.

Also, if the fight came down to it, canonically Goku would have the least reserve about destroying the earth, the sun, or the universe, being fully capable of returning from the afterlife and reviving everyone killed, removing all consequences of his actions.

That said, the Flash is the strongest of them. A full powered Flash could single-handedly curb stomp Supes while plowing Louis Lane.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-01-17 09:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is off topic I know, but what's the deal with full-powered Flash? I never read any of the comics, or know much about him.
 Bahamut.Blze
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blze 2013-01-17 09:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

like i said in my previous post in a goku vs superman fight if they where just going at it for kicks and giggles goku would beat up super man but in terms of lethality superman could kill goku simple put superman impervious to extreme conditions and environments which goku is not! meaning super man could just take goku and plop in a volcano lava pool goku would die. Goku is a better fighter then superman.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-01-17 09:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Clark, He fight s all the people :(
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10