Goku vs. Superman
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Aineko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aineko
By Asura.Aineko 2013-01-12 19:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole "who would win in a fight" concept with these characters is flawed anyways. Superman wouldn't initiate the fight, and would turn down any polite request to participate in a martial arts match. Goku, while he would be almost certainly want to fight, he wouldn't outright attack Superman. Goku would likely issue a challenge, which Superman would likely reject, and that would be the end of it. No such fight would ever take place.

As for who would win, I'd say it'd be a close fight. In the end, neither would want to kill the other, and neither would give up before dying.. It'd probably end up as a stalemate.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-12 19:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aineko said: »
The whole "who would win in a fight" concept with these characters is flawed anyways. Superman wouldn't initiate the fight, and would turn down any polite request to participate in a martial arts match. Goku, while he would be almost certainly want to fight, he wouldn't outright attack Superman. Goku would likely issue a challenge, which Superman would likely reject, and that would be the end of it. No such fight would ever take place.

As for who would win, I'd say it'd be a close fight. In the end, neither would want to kill the other, and neither would give up before dying.. It'd probably end up as a stalemate.

That was the biggest cop out answer I've ever seen lol.
[+]
 Asura.Aineko
Server: Asura
user: Aineko
By Asura.Aineko 2013-01-12 19:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Eikechi, I have to say its largely due to the fact this argument has gotten a bit stale for me.

You have one creature that gains its energy from the nearby star, so long as it's yellow or blue, and is more or less indestructible within proximity of said star. You have another who can come back from the dead as often as he wants, and belongs to a race which gets stronger with each defeat. If Superman wins round 1, Goku will get stronger and come back for more. This pattern would keep repeating until Goku either succeeds, or manages to destroy the star which Superman is using to power himself. If Goku wins round 1, Superman will just regenerate eventually anyways, unless Goku decided to either move Superman to a planet without a yellow or blue star, use kryptonite, or somehow lock him away where he couldn't absorb the radiation. I doubt Goku would have the knowledge or even the drive to do something that permanent.
[+]
By Xenshi 2013-01-12 19:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing video!! Point well proven with stats..Superman will always win.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-12 19:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's stale, just pass the thread by? Idk.. It just seems you gave a weak explanation imho.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2013-01-12 20:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh it was entertaining but Superman is just too cheesy of a super hero. Honestly his super power's aren't exactly balanced. The beating he took from Goku seemed way worse than what Doomsday did to him.

But Yeah
Good job Clark, the earth is gone, as well as the city you protect, your lover, and all 6 billion people on it. Not to mention justice league (Don't know if their space station withstood that but Batman is probably dead).
Foreveralone.jpg

Unless he is smart enough to go to New Namek to wish the earth back, if that is the case Goku would be wished back eventually and would come back much stronger and know all of superman's techniques/potential weaknesses.

I prefer Marvel honestly. From DC I have to go with Batman. He makes superman look like a chump, he gets the ***, and keeps up with super powered freaks even though he is just a human.

Also how did Goku breath in space...?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-12 20:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Xenshi said: »
Amazing video!! Point well proven with stats..Superman will always win.
Someone didn't read this thread
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-01-12 20:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Also how did Goku breath in space...?

Saiyans can go to space and not die. Can even see the Bardock episode and Vegeta/Nappa standing outside on their pods in space. Goku even travels in space with instant transmission of DBZ Movie Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-12 20:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty much been decided that

A) Saiyans can breathe in space and Goku just didn't know he could. (Bardock, Vegeta/Nappa etc.)

B) Inconsistent writing (very usual with this series)
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2013-01-12 20:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

A) Saiyans can breathe in space and Goku just didn't know he could. (Bardock, Vegeta/Nappa etc.)

I'm going with B. Also I don't count the movies as cannon personally :S

Well most of them.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-12 20:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well most of them.
Well, I'm pretty sure the Bardock movie is canon, since Frieza had flashbacks of the encounter in the show itself; as well as the history of Trunks. But those were more "specials" than movies.

Edit:
All I could dig up since the new bardock special was released; so couldn't find the interview I did before w/ the google results flooded with the new ***.

Quote:
Bardock was the first originally-filler character to later be included in a panel of the manga.

Basically someone wrote the design/concept/story of Bardock and Toriyama liked it so much he took the idea, expanded on it, and wrote it into the canon manga in the form of Frieza's flashbacks or something like that. Last time I saw the thing on this was a few years ago, so I may be wrong on a detail or two, but that's pretty much the gist of it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-01-12 20:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bardock looked like he was in the upper atmosphere of the planet before Frieza blew it up.

Superman is just OP and the comics do whatever it takes to get the job done, it makes DBZ look reasonable by comparison. lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2013-01-12 20:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well most of them.
Well, I'm pretty sure the Bardock movie is canon, since Frieza had flashbacks of the encounter in the show itself; as well as the history of Trunks. But those were more "specials" than movies.

I include those as cannon. Is it possible the actual planets atmospheres extended that high by some freak of nature? Vegeta and Arlia I mean.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-01-12 20:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My heart just broke knowing Goku lost.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-01-12 20:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget Kid Buu wandering around in space and blowing up planets. He does breath just as Super Buu (gohan form) shown.
[+]
 Bahamut.Blze
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blze 2013-01-12 21:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This debate is invalid its superman all the way for one we've seen the full extent of gokus power but superman's power has never been seen in books or shows we caught a glimps of it versus comic book doomsday (Kryptonite was a factor in that fight) and in JLU with his fight with Darkseid and superman is impervious to deadly environments the major ones being lava radiation deep water sea water pressure which goku is not so in extreme environmental fights its superman, if superman was trying to kill goku. But in pure fight have to give it to Goku similar to vegeta even though gokus stronger but vegeta's the better fighter, so goku's a way better fighter then superman so skill versus raw power would when. speed is no factor cause superman is just as fast as flash,(flash is faster) instance transmission will not work cause of superman's hearing! plus similar to Cooler snatch goka out of it so no sneaking up on superman. Now suppressing power level and hiding will not work either even if superman cant sense it but with X-ray vision don't need to sense if he can see thru debris and find goku. so in a straight up fight goku would beat superman just from fighting ability alone.

case closed.

but if you count goku ki as magical then superman never stood a chance.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-01-12 21:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Blze said: »
This debate is invalid its superman all the way for one we've seen the full extent of gokus power but superman's power has never been seen in books or shows we caught a glimps of it versus comic book doomsday (Kryptonite was a factor in that fight) and in JLU with his fight with Darkseid and superman is impervious to deadly environments the major ones being lava radiation deep water sea water pressure which goku is not so in extreme environmental fights its superman, if superman was trying to kill goku. But in pure fight have to give it to Goku similar to vegeta even though gokus stronger but vegeta's the better fighter, so goku's a way better fighter then superman so skill versus raw power would when. speed is no factor cause superman is just as fast as flash,(flash is faster) instance transmission will not work cause of superman's hearing! plus similar to Cooler snatch goka out of it so no sneaking up on superman. Now suppressing power level and hiding will not work either even if superman cant sense it but with X-ray vision don't need to sense if he can see thru debris and find goku. so in a straight up fight goku would beat superman just from fighting ability alone.

case closed.

but if you count goku ki as magical then superman never stood a chance.

Also see Superman vs The Elite. It shows he can go Mach 7.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-01-12 21:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Siren.Novadragon said: »
It's Goku obviously. Superman maybe fast but Goku has instant transmission for light speed lol.

That was my first thought, but I don't think Goku can mentally respond fast enough to keep constantly teleporting. Superman can go what, like 15-20x the speed of light if he wants?

Plus, to avoid Supes, he'd have to know where he actually is, and Superman has apparently done a lot of work to block people telepathically finding/*** with him.

Teleportation is usually an instant win in my opinion, but Superman's got way too much going for him.

Yeah but nobody really clocked Goku's speed I don't think. I think he's about as fast, honestly. So many times do the DB/Z/GT characters vanish when they fight. There was a lot to this, I think they didn't account for on Goku's side, but it's fan made. It is what it is lol.

If Goku could do 15-20x the speed of light, we'd have seen him escape galaxies by now :P
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-01-16 21:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also a reminder, the universe that Goku was created in is FAR different than Superman, so basically you can't compare the two of them. In the Superman Universe, superman is the strongest while as for Goku's universe he is the strongest(I know gohan is stronger but watever).
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-01-16 21:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
Also a reminder, the universe that Goku was created in is FAR different than Superman, so basically you can't compare the two of them. In the Superman Universe, superman is the strongest while as for Goku's universe he is the strongest(I know gohan is stronger but whatever).
@bold: not really...
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2013-01-16 21:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

obviously Goku, and even if Kalel did manage to kill him he would just be brought back with the dragon balls and be even more powerful than before and finish the job.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-01-16 21:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gohan is technically stronger than Goku but doesnt have the training, experience, etc to every actually surpass Goku.

Goku has the lust for battle, while Gohan does not.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-01-16 21:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gohan during the Cell Saga is stronger than Goku because he can ascend to Super Saiyan 2. Goku's basic self is stronger than Gohan's, but Super Saiyan 2 is a multiplicative, and thus puts Gohan over Goku. At the point that Goku can become Super Saiyan 2, he's over-all more powerful than Gohan. Gohan had greater potential.

And as far as I know, Vegetto is technically the strongest. Why he's stronger than Gogeta, I don't know, but he is.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2013-01-16 22:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Gohan during the Cell Saga is stronger than Goku because he can ascend to Super Saiyan 2. Goku's basic self is stronger than Gohan's, but Super Saiyan 2 is a multiplicative, and thus puts Gohan over Goku. At the point that Goku can become Super Saiyan 2, he's over-all more powerful than Gohan. Gohan had greater potential.

And as far as I know, Vegetto is technically the strongest. Why he's stronger than Gogeta, I don't know, but he is.
he was only stronger due to a technicality (Goku was dead at the time)
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-01-16 22:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Also, in Goku's match with Pikuhon in the underworld tournament he uses Kaioken WHILE SSJ. While it wasn't used again during the entirety of DBZ/GT, the precedent was still set that he could, thus making him even stronger than being let on.

Was not a set precedent, they were working soley from CANON sources, that was filler episodes and thus never part of the manga storyline and null.

Either way while i enjoyed the cg fight and the depth with which they covered each character the whole basing goku off snake way was a major fail...

A better way to have analyzed it would have been to take the snake way metric based off of king kai's planet of 10xearth gravity and applied it to the other known metrics in the series such as 100x gravity on the way to namek (meaning from the freeza saga alone he was already 10x stronger at his base than the saiyajin saga) when was it that goku trained with 40ton and later think it was 400 tons of weight?

Also the whole side comment about the power pole being magic irked me while the item itself was magic its not like the pole did magic damage, seemed like they were trying to put emphasis on that for some reason due to supermans weakness to it... way too contrived.

Another point to add is that they used goku absorbing the genki dama which is actually from a movie which are also not cannon, not to mention there was no real metric applied to how it effected his power or whether it could be absorbed in SSJ4 form.

Either way though superman has always been OP, its kind of why i find him a bit on the boring side as a super hero, either he saves the day with overwhelming bravado or he's turned into a giant ball of *** by a green glowing rock.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-01-16 23:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
Gohan is technically stronger than Goku but doesnt have the training, experience, etc to every actually surpass Goku.

Goku has the lust for battle, while Gohan does not.
yeah, I don't really agree with that concept...
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2013-01-16 23:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I was curious about. Mystic Gohan VS SSJ3 Goku's power level. The mystic power up seemed pretty strong but Gohan was too care free and got absorbed..

All that waiting for the ultimate power and he loses it in what.. 2 episodes? Ugh..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-01-16 23:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

Potara fusion is stronger than the dance because its permanent.

The way Goku talked during the Cell games led me to believe he could beat Cell w/SSJ2 but because Toriyama originally intended to end DBZ with the conclusion of the Android saga he seemed to want to end the series with Gohan surpassing his father and coming out the hero as he had planned ever since he showed that Gohan pushed could beat opponents far above his skill level back with Raditz.

Then Majin Buu happened and it all ended with Goku... then GT again with Goku.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-01-16 23:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly certain Mystic Gohan had SSJ3 Goku beat in terms of power.

But who knows, DBZ power comparisons were confusing as hell by the end of the series.

I mean, Tien deflected a world destroying blast from Mystic Super Buu, but then proceeded to do absolutely nothing when the same attack was used against Buu.

Then Goku and Vegeta fought evenly as SSJ's and Goku put up a decent fight against Kid Buu as a SSJ, but Vegeta got annihilated by Kid Buu when he tried.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-01-16 23:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

All I got out of this is powerlevel is pointless, so any comparison probably is too.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10