Thoughts?
[+]
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2013-01-12 16:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice video! i never have tought they will put pretty much every data in it to be + or - real to a some fictional fight!
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-01-12 16:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's Goku obviously. Superman maybe fast but Goku has instant transmission for light speed lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-01-12 16:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, that was incredibly well done.
[+]
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2013-01-12 16:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Surgator said: »
Very nice video! i never have tought they will put pretty much every data in it to be + or - real to a some fictional fight!

I'm sure that if they didn't do their due diligence, and scour for every fact and piece of info they could, then every fan boy would be up in arms over whatever faulty result could have transpired.
[+]
 Fenrir.Surgator
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2013-01-12 16:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

they have no choice because i would have been pissed of the outcome they gave if they didn't have says there fact seriouly so all i can do is accept the fact now and be pretty impress by there good work!
[+]
 Asura.Planet
Server: Asura
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2013-01-12 16:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

somerandomguy: "Holy ***, Not Even Close." lmao
(best part in the vid, had me laughing)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-01-12 17:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It was never a real contest. While Dragonball was one of my favorite mangas as a kid Goku will never be as strong as superman and he wasn't meant to be either. Also Goku can't survive in space so all superman has to do is catch him and drag him into space and hold his arms so he can't teleport away
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-12 17:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

was interesting to watch, I didn't know much about either story so I felt like I learned a lot anyways.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2013-01-12 18:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, but they could have taken things further as death is no reason to stop fighting for Goku (he even is stronger while dead).
Not that it does matter for the outcome as superman is designed to be unbeatable when not abusing his weaknesses.

I'm not into american comics, does Superman age like a normal human?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-01-12 18:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
It's Goku obviously. Superman maybe fast but Goku has instant transmission for light speed lol.

That was my first thought, but I don't think Goku can mentally respond fast enough to keep constantly teleporting. Superman can go what, like 15-20x the speed of light if he wants?

Plus, to avoid Supes, he'd have to know where he actually is, and Superman has apparently done a lot of work to block people telepathically finding/*** with him.

Teleportation is usually an instant win in my opinion, but Superman's got way too much going for him.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-12 18:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Interesting, but they could have taken things further as death is no reason to stop fighting for Goku (he even is stronger while dead).
Not that it does matter for the outcome as superman is designed to be unbeatable when not abusing his weaknesses.

The video said he fought with thor for thousands of years >.> idk if that really happened in the comic/lore or not.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-12 18:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed the fight for what it was, but in terms of the analytical portion, they messed up pretty bad, such as quantifying Goku's speed and strength.

Each ssj form is a multiplier, which is applied to his base power level.

They took his speed from when he traveled down Snake way, which is in the Saiyan saga, then just added the ssj4 multiplier to it, without accounting for how much his base increased throughout the series. (Seriously, if he could go ssj4 right there at that point in the series, Goku from the Cell Saga would be able to kill ssj4 Goku from the Saiyan saga without having to make any transformation at all).

In the same sense, they took his strength of the 40 tons in the other world (which was a filler episode anyways), then applied his ssj4 multiplier to it, without taking into account how much his base increased over the series.

Just as an example, let's say I have a series where I'm an Anime runner. At the beginning of the series, I can run 5mph; and I have a transformation that allows me to run x100 as fast.

At the end of the series, I can run 300,000mph, and have the same transformation available to me.

If you were looking for my top speed, but used me at the beginning of the show and applied my multiplier to it, my max speed would be 500mph. If you took my ending speed and applied my multiplier to it, my max speed would be 30,000,000mph.

Basically, they have no clue how to quantify Goku's abilities and shouldn't have even tried, because not only were they not in the same ballpark, nor the same league, they weren't even in the same sport.

That being said, I'm not saying Goku is more likely to win, just that they don't know how to quantify worth a ***, and shouldn't have even attempted it. (though, if you're talking the final episode of GT, Goku literally becomes a god/fuzes with the *** dragon; and we don't even get a glimpse of what that's capable of, so could still be up in the air)

IMO, Overpowered Flash would wreck them both.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-12 18:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Siren.Novadragon said: »

That was my first thought, but I don't think Goku can mentally respond fast enough to keep constantly teleporting. Superman can go what, like 15-20x the speed of light if he wants?

Plus, to avoid Supes, he'd have to know where he actually is, and Superman has apparently done a lot of work to block people telepathically finding/*** with him.

Teleportation is usually an instant win in my opinion, but Superman's got way too much going for him.

Yeah but nobody really clocked Goku's speed I don't think. I think he's about as fast, honestly. So many times do the DB/Z/GT characters vanish when they fight. There was a lot to this, I think they didn't account for on Goku's side, but it's fan made. It is what it is lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2013-01-12 18:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Bismarck.Leneth said: »

The video said he fought with thor for thousands of years >.> idk if that really happened in the comic/lore or not.
It also says that it took place in Walhall, which mostly is a place where time, and thus ageing, is ignored. Maybe someone who read/watched/played that could give us info on it.
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-01-12 18:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like Derfeh. ._.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-12 18:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
I enjoyed the fight for what it was, but in terms of the analytical portion, they messed up pretty bad, such as quantifying Goku's speed and strength.

Each ssj form is a multiplier, which is applied to his base power level.

They took his speed from when he traveled down Snake way, which is in the Saiyan saga, then just added the ssj4 multiplier to it, without accounting for how much his base increased throughout the series. (Seriously, if he could go ssj4 right there at that point in the series, Goku from the Cell Saga would be able to kill ssj4 Goku from the Saiyan saga without having to make any transformation at all).

In the same sense, they took his strength of the 40 tons in the other world (which was a filler episode anyways), then applied his ssj4 multiplier to it, without taking into account how much his base increased over the series.

Just as an example, let's say I have a series where I'm an Anime runner. At the beginning of the series, I can run 5mph; and I have a transformation that allows me to run x100 as fast.

At the end of the series, I can run 300,000mph, and have the same transformation available to me.

If you were looking for my top speed, but used me at the beginning of the show and applied my multiplier to it, my max speed would be 500mph. If you took my ending speed and applied my multiplier to it, my max speed would be 150,000,000mph.

Basically, they have no clue how to quantify Goku's abilities and shouldn't have even tried, because not only were they not in the same ballpark, nor the same league, they weren't even in the same sport.

That being said, I'm not saying Goku is more likely to win, just that they don't know how to quantify worth a ***, and shouldn't have even attempted it. (though, if you're talking the final episode of GT, Goku literally becomes a god/fuzes with the *** dragon; and we don't even get a glimpse of what that's capable of, so could still be up in the air)

IMO, Overpowered Flash would wreck them both.

Also, in Goku's match with Pikuhon in the underworld tournament he uses Kaioken WHILE SSJ. While it wasn't used again during the entirety of DBZ/GT, the precedent was still set that he could, thus making him even stronger than being let on.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-12 18:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, in Goku's match with Pikuhon in the underworld tournament he uses Kaioken WHILE SSJ.
That entire arc is filler, unfortunately, which is why it's never seen again after (because it was added in after the original story)
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-12 18:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, in Goku's match with Pikuhon in the underworld tournament he uses Kaioken WHILE SSJ.
That entire arc is filler, unfortunately, which is why it's never seen again after (because it was added in after the original story)

Was it? Well it kind of explains him being able to hit SSJ3, when he trains with the super old kai. *shrug*
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-12 18:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, the other world tournament wasn't in the manga at all. It was added specifically for the anime.(which also explains the *** Pikkon vs Cell match, because Cell was as strong as a ssj2, but gets beaten by someone who gets beaten by ssj1 Goku? With Cell being my fav villain, that insult didn't please me very much)

Another fun fact, the real reason Goku didn't go ssj3 vs Majin Vegeta wasn't that he didn't want to hurt Vegeta's pride/go easy on him/ect. (though it is the official canon reason, since it was written in the original manga)
Toriyama hadn't designed ssj3 yet at that point in the manga. He designed it afterwards.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-01-12 18:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, the other world tournament wasn't in the manga at all. It was added specifically for the anime.(which also explains the *** Pikkon vs Cell match, because Cell was as strong as a ssj2, but gets beaten by someone who gets beaten by ssj1 Goku?

Goku was only able to beat Pikkon because he saw a weak spot in Pikkons signature attack, otherwise goku was overpowered by him.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-01-12 18:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Also, in Goku's match with Pikuhon in the underworld tournament he uses Kaioken WHILE SSJ. While it wasn't used again during the entirety of DBZ/GT, the precedent was still set that he could, thus making him even stronger than being let on.

Super Kaio-ken he called it. But the problem is Kaio-ken has consequences. It's just like One Piece with Luffy's Gear Second. Can only use it a for a duration of time before the body is limited to using it.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-01-12 18:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Yea, the other world tournament wasn't in the manga at all. It was added specifically for the anime.(which also explains the *** Pikkon vs Cell match, because Cell was as strong as a ssj2, but gets beaten by someone who gets beaten by ssj1 Goku?

Goku was only able to beat Pikkon because he saw a weak spot in Pikkons signature attack, otherwise goku was overpowered by him.
If Goku were to hit super perfect cell with that attack, it would not have had the same effect. Hell, he was the strongest ssj1 in the Cell Saga, but he wasn't THAT much stronger than Vegeta and Goku just caught Pikkon with about the quickest kamehameha he could pull out of his ***.

Vegeta put all he had into that attack he planted in Cell, while he was in a power struggle with Gohan, and still only made his knees buckle.

Sure, Pikkon was stronger than Goku, but as strong as Super Perfect Cell, yet alone strong enough to take him out in two attacks? That's 100% the art of filler right there
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-01-12 18:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, Pikkon was stronger than Goku, but as strong as Super Perfect Cell, yet alone strong enough to take him out in two attacks? That's 100% the art of filler right there

As well using the weight on his body. He wasn't even at full power.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-01-12 18:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

If Goku were to hit super perfect cell with that attack, it would not have had the same effect. Hell, he was the strongest ssj1 in the Cell Saga, but he wasn't THAT much stronger than Vegeta and Goku just caught Pikkon with about the quickest kamehameha he could pull out of his ***.

Vegeta put all he had into that attack he planted in Cell, while he was in a power struggle with Gohan, and still only made his knees buckle.

Good point, not to mention Goku vs Pikkon wasn't really a death match either~
Like you said; consistency would be nice!
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-12 18:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegeta was pretty torn up by the end of the Cel fight though. He did have to fend off a cel jr. as did everybody else. I would have said that was Vegeta's full strength (and i think at that point he wasn't in SSJ form), but I see your point.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-01-12 19:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SSJ4 is technically filler so :/ Toriyama is designing a new one for the movie
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-01-12 19:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed with Tiger. Their measurements were supremely poor. Goku has weaknesses that Superman doesn't though, and that's really what turns the tables. Superman is the ultimate Mary-Sue, without limitations simply by being born. I find it kind of gimmicky that Superman won by abusing the no-air thing but Goku didn't abuse the Kryptonite aspect. /shrug
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-01-12 19:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd disagree with the Goku not being that much stronger than Vegeta during the cell saga... but it's kind of silly to argue.

Also, this entire argument is pointless (I understand that it's for fun) but seriously, Goku surpassed the level of being able to crush Superman before the cell saga. Hell, Krillin could probably beat him.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-01-12 19:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Goku doesn't have a source of infinite energy. Superman destroyed his Sensus, which is practically the same thing... but again, finite. Take away Superman's sun and Goku would win, without Sensu beans.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10