users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 224 225 226
By Afania 2014-08-03 07:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bongarippa said: »
Chyula said: »
Stop crying, WAR got a buff while sam havent get ***for a long time. SAM need a buff too.

2 different threads I've wanted to ask what this guy's smoking but I refuse to be whooshed.

Ccl no.2 I guess.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-03 07:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Even for MS zerg, I don't think war beat sam SP2(unless chainspell stun?); between 50% more ws dmg and 500 tp every time the mob ws; and the 300tp bonus from job point make that SP even stronger.

SE just went overboard as usual, it's looks like their job balance are based from 1-2 year ago forum post when war and drk were the best dd and sam was meh outside of bow in hall of mul.
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-08-03 10:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Even for MS zerg, I don't think war beat sam SP2(unless chainspell stun?); between 50% more ws dmg and 500 tp every time the mob ws; and the 300tp bonus from job point make that SP even stronger.

SE just went overboard as usual, it's looks like their job balance are based from 1-2 year ago forum post when war and drk were the best dd and sam was meh outside of bow in hall of mul.

well depends on mob really, for stellar war pulls ahead with sp1 but for wopket war got pretty much no chance esp if whm is slow on para/slow, sam being able to combine sp2 with sp1 shortly before it wearing for 5ish massive WS, no matter if slow or para is on while the war just watches how para or slow waste his sp or maybe uses remedies which waste time aswell.

if you have a good whm/support gap is less ofc.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-03 13:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed something in the 2 years I was gone; what is SP1 and SP2?
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-08-03 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
You have 2 1hrs(formally your 2hr) now.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-03 13:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said: »

well depends on mob really, for stellar war pulls ahead with sp1 but for wopket war got pretty much no chance esp if whm is slow on para/slow, sam being able to combine sp2 with sp1 shortly before it wearing for 5ish massive WS, no matter if slow or para is on while the war just watches how para or slow waste his sp or maybe uses remedies which waste time aswell.

We should try then; since the ftp change; I believe that sam SP2 is prolly one of the most OP thing in game when you 10/10 job point for it.

And the combinaison of SP2+meditate+ 75tp/ws during SP1 make you do a ton of 3000 tp ws.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-03 13:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
You have 2 1hrs(formally your 2hr) now.

Please don't tell me SP stands for special power or super power...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-08-03 13:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It stands for "SPecial"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-03 13:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just call them 2hr and sp2
By Blazed1979 2014-08-03 14:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I will never be able to deprogram my mouth from saying "2-hour"...
By Tylaar 2014-08-03 19:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Marmite said: »
As I say I haven't played war since the weapon skill update, but I don't see that changing anything seeing as the same weapon skills are used, with the exception of ukko's being used a bit more.

I've read this quite a bit lately. Ukkos doesn't seem to beat Upheaval on anything so far I've tested post-update (extended sb parse). The spreadsheets said otherwise (I'll check again today now it's been corrected), but in practise I haven't seen it yet.

Similar to Stereo, I was also quite shocked/disappointed with Ukon compared to my other jobs but seeing better results after switching to Upheaval in most scenarios for general use. I don't think it's Ukon that's not solid, just Ukkos. Or just Warrior in general ;)

I did hear rumours of a potential Warrior adjustment, is there any truth to that?
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-03 20:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouryu is another decent fight as well. Pretty much it is any of the fights that don't last longer than 60 seconds.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-03 21:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tylaar said: »
Bismarck.Marmite said: »
As I say I haven't played war since the weapon skill update, but I don't see that changing anything seeing as the same weapon skills are used, with the exception of ukko's being used a bit more.

I've read this quite a bit lately. Ukkos doesn't seem to beat Upheaval on anything so far I've tested post-update (extended sb parse). The spreadsheets said otherwise (I'll check again today now it's been corrected), but in practise I haven't seen it yet.

Similar to Stereo, I was also quite shocked/disappointed with Ukon compared to my other jobs but seeing better results after switching to Upheaval in most scenarios for general use. I don't think it's Ukon that's not solid, just Ukkos. Or just Warrior in general ;)

I did hear rumours of a potential Warrior adjustment, is there any truth to that?
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/41383-Solo-Accomplishments-Party-Barriers-and-Enhancing-the-Community?p=513076#post513076
This was over a month ago, however.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-04 08:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »

Ouryu is another decent fight as well. Pretty much it is any of the fights that don't last longer than 60 seconds.

Depends how you do ouryu, can either PD and back tank zerg or Asylum and use overwhelm.
By Chyula 2014-08-04 10:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends how you do ouryu, can either PD and back tank zerg or Asylum and use overwhelm.

Why is Ccl in a war thread when he don't even have war?.
gowai! go back to your sam thread.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-04 10:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

former is faster and safer than the latter though.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-04 10:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

both kill <1min of engage time; one require a smn, one require whm to know when to Asylum.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-04 10:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

both kill <1min of engage time; one require a smn, one require whm to know when to Asylum.
Could be mistaken but if memory serves me right, Asylum doesn't block terror.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-04 10:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would have to retry and check I honestly don't know; it's just that dropping smn allow for 1 more dd on that slot.

I hope they fix war soon, but I think the only way to do it is to nerf fudo.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-04 10:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Would have to retry and check I honestly don't know; it's just that dropping smn allow for 1 more dd on that slot.

I hope they fix war soon, but I think the only way to do it is to nerf fudo.

It would be hard to buff WAR without nerfing SAM, yeah. And if they adjusted mobs it would probably just break MNK and BLU as well as WAR.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-08-04 11:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

thinking it has more to do with Ouryus Breakga that comes at between 1-5% HP.

edit: On the Topic 5/5 Upheaval is legit, War needs either a 50% DA or some type of STP trait if its to keep up spamurai.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-04 11:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

thinking it has more to do with Ouryus Breakga that comes at between 1-5% HP.

edit: On the Topic 5/5 Upheaval is legit, War needs either a 50% DA or some type of STP trait if its to keep up spamurai.
Breakga can happen at any point post 25% for sure, only issue I'd see with using asylum that late into the fight is the risk of eating slow from wings or roar and losing all buffs, not to mention the terror.
Either way this is more about the need for boosting outside SPs use for war to bridge the gap.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-04 11:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah war need a buff outside of SP for sure; SP are fine.

And if you front tank it, you gotta assume full time Asylum or dispel kill that idea.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-04 11:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Loire has record on Asura, Warrior wins, sorry Ccl!

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Quadruple attack job trait and retaliation JA haste sounds good to me. While there at it lets add a critical weaponskill bonus, like overwhelm but from anywhere, but for crits weaponskills only.

But really they'll probably give us like "Attack Bonus III" and augment defender.

Edit: Or heres a fancy idea, how about +20% crit damage to blood rage, but that might be too OP.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2014-08-04 11:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

to be fair Ccl plays with the worst people!
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-04 11:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
Loire has record on Asura, Warrior wins, sorry Ccl!

Let's bet 10m and I'll break record for you can even enter first so your name will be on it :D
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-04 11:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to reply with a link to that thread about good players carrying his ls through delve, but i couldn't find it, you win this round fondue.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-04 11:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have 10m, i spent all my gil on a m.acc so i can sleep ouryu when samurai's fail.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-04 12:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

you're no fun :( afk till update!
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 224 225 226