The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-04 12:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like i won this debate, without even talking about Warrior or letting Loire have my camp in Woh.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-04 12:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair the record now is with five people entering.
Monk is so bad in there fiv.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-04 12:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya im doing SCH+MNK again, when my soup wears i start dying horribly.

But now i want to go try ouryu on WAR, cause i've never done it with outside buffs AND lived the duration of mighty strikes. If ragnaroks can do it, i can do it too!
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-04 12:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
Ya im doing SCH+MNK again, when my soup wears i start dying horribly.

But now i want to go try ouryu on WAR, cause i've never done it with outside buffs AND lived the duration of mighty strikes. If ragnaroks can do it, i can do it too!
Can't fully recall the % split between DD but with two war, thf, and a mnk believe dmg for myself and fatt were around 75k a piece on VD, with ws avg usually over 4-5 fights in a night at around 13.5k. Just would come down to how strong upheaval can carry you with the thrice hits. Really wish it was str on upheaval or that they went back to the old ukko crit formula.
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-04 12:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that its VIT and the ftp doesn't carry to all hits is a crime against great axe. I don't think the old ukko 100 crit mod would be that big of a difference either sadly. The combination of the nerfs to restraint, blood rage, ukko, and then the overwhelming power added to other weaponskills all played a small role in why warrior kind of sucks outside of zergs now.
[+]
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-08-04 12:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

if they dont directly buff war i could settle with them atleast buffing warcry and bloodrage, like maybe extend warcry for war main to 2 min and give it a crit dmg+% and then make bloodrage so it can proc on WS aswell, like a mini MS for the whole party, that way war would still not be the top DD but it would atleast make it worthwhile bringing along... and while we at it give war fudo!
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-04 13:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said: »
if they dont directly buff war i could settle with them atleast buffing warcry and bloodrage, like maybe extend warcry for war main to 2 min and give it a crit dmg+% and then make bloodrage so it can proc on WS aswell, like a mini MS for the whole party, that way war would still not be the top DD but it would atleast make it worthwhile bringing along... and while we at it give war fudo!
Some SAM/WAR would just overwrite our warcry/blood rage with there warcry anyway, everytime without fail.
[+]
By Chyula 2014-08-04 13:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

just give war the pre uko nerf stage and war will be fine, and also give mnk back the old VS critical rate.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-04 13:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »
Some SAM/WAR would just overwrite our warcry/blood rage with there warcry anyway, everytime without fail.

Sam can use warcry O.O?

Yeah making warcry and bloodrage more awesome without making war the best dd again would be great, it would make people bring war, but not make WAR ONRY pt like before. like 1000 tp bonus to warcry would be awesome.

Chyula said: »
just give war the pre uko nerf stage and war will be fine, and also give mnk back the old VS critical rate.

That wouldn't be enough, killing level correction removed some of the benefit of crit hit/crit ws
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2014-08-04 18:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

gonna have to make fondle a warcry mule next
 Asura.Fiv
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-04 18:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
gonna have to make fondle a warcry mule next
Isn't that what your alexandrite is for? BRD/WAR?
By Tylaar 2014-08-07 22:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love any buffs to WAR output, particularly GAXE WS as mentioned seem to need a revision. But actually I'd really like to see WAR be more durable. Not tank style necessarily, but as it is now WAR has less HP than many front-line jobs, no incredible defense/VIT and cops an absolute beating with Berserk up, which is one of the few things that actually helps WAR compete on damage.

Rather than getting (arguably? or not) useless Job Points, I'd love to see them do stuff like 'Reduce defense penalty of Berserk by 5%', 'Reduce attack penalty of Defender' per JP, or something similar. With the game as it is at the moment, they could reduce the penalty to zero for anyone willing to put that much time in, and I doubt it would break anything much. Something similar (but maybe not as dramatic) could be considered for DRK/LR.

As useless as it sounds, I'd also love to see a Blade Bash type JA for WAR so they can give a potent axe to the face stun every 2 minutes. Again I doubt it would break anything, you couldn't rely on it, but would help WAR contribute to a group if things go south.

I'd be more willing to stay on WAR for stuff if I knew it wouldn't be a liability to the group, even if it took a little longer to clear than other leading DD jobs.

Edit - This is probably where someone just says 'make a Bravura'?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-07 23:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone will probably say... "hey, you know what job does a lot of damage and has a weapon bash ability? SAM"
 Bismarck.Bigheadkitty
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bigheadkitty 2014-08-07 23:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Add us to eponas ring and Ganeshsa mala. Be sweetaru!
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2014-08-13 06:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone with the available math/spreadsheet please compare the new GS Macbain against Rag? I'm just about to complete rag and want some reassurance.. lol
 Shiva.Nolispe
user: nolispe
By Shiva.Nolispe 2014-08-14 05:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have advice on priority of Job Points?

I have 10/10 Berserk already.

I assume the next best would be the following in order:

1.Aggressor
2.Brazen Rush
3.Mighty Strikes

Thanks
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-08-14 05:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nolispe said: »
Anyone have advice on priority of Job Points?

I have 10/10 Berserk already.

I assume the next best would be the following in order:

1.Aggressor
2.Brazen Rush
3.Mighty Strikes

Thanks

with conq i would do MS before BR (the extra acc is nice due to swaps like cavaros and hugin/ravagers) if you dont have a conq then BR is a bigger boost due to not having AM3 i guess.
 Shiva.Nolispe
user: nolispe
By Shiva.Nolispe 2014-08-14 21:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I use Brauvra so I put Brazen above Mighty Strikes.

Anyone know if Warcry JP category adds attack to the warcry boost itself or just to the user? Does the +30 Attack transfer to party members?
By Tylaar 2014-08-14 23:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nolispe said: »
Anyone know if Warcry JP category adds attack to the warcry boost itself or just to the user? Does the +30 Attack transfer to party members?

Going by the description it sounds specific to the user with the Job Points 'while under the effects of Warcry'. You might also get the bonus if anyone else uses Warcry in the party, which would be kinda nice.
 Lakshmi.Veika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Veikuri
By Lakshmi.Veika 2014-08-18 00:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the new skirmish gaxe/gsd or shadowlord 2 gaxe worth picking up if you have the ark angel gaxe?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-19 01:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is a semi-odd question;

What would a high-acc requiescat set look like for war? I really want to try tomahawk on lancelord, I asked about it, but no one could really confirm/deny it working. So I figure if I'm going to give it a run on War, requiescat is the best weaponskill (if tomahawk doesn't work).

ItemSet 327393?
By Davorin 2014-08-19 02:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried it myself, but I don't see why Tomahawk would work on Lancelord. Tomahawk is used for special damage resistances. You would use it on skeletons to decrease their resistance to slashing and piercing, or on slimes to decrease their physical type damage resistances. Tomahawk won't give it's special defense down to mobs buffed with Cocoon, Protect, Stoneskin, etc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-19 04:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

He has something stupid like 90% DT, literally the definition of Tomahawk.

I know that Square doesn't understand the concept of "logic" but I have to know if they got this one right.

If Tomahawk can make a physically immune jailer take damage, why wouldn't it make lancelord take... (double?) his normal damage with such retardedly high DT.

What I'm sayin is, it cannot seriously be expected to be runed to death. We have a bad habit of just running blindly with what worked for one guy one time instead of finding out what actually works.
By Davorin 2014-08-19 04:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You're confusing a defense buff with being resistant to certain types of damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-19 08:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, no. Because he has a resistance to All damage, not physical defense.

The MDT may be lower than the PDT but there is definitely MDT/MDB as well. Formless strikes would devastate it if it was just a defense buff, this is not the case.

Stacking minuet/chaos roll dia doesn't change the damage by much at all.
I guess that the way it's worded is misleading, and (should) work the way I think it does... but probably doesn't. But until I know I gotta try it out since no one else will/has.
Quote:
"Special Defense Down" means that this ability will lower a mob's physical and magical damage resistance, should it have any.
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2014-08-19 16:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, just got rag, has anyone got a scourge set handy? Or just use reso set? Want to max it's damage for trials lol

Also if no Huginn/haf feet are ravagers +2 feet best for rag tp?

Thanks
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 08:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to get Conqueror, I'm just wondering what is the best TP set for getting a 5 hit with /SAM.

Any ideas?
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-08-21 12:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't kept up my spreadsheet, but these are what I have been messing around with. All assume ionis.

Low Acc w/o berserk.
ItemSet 319201

Low Acc w berserk.
ItemSet 327448

Mid Acc w/o berserk.
ItemSet 326109

Mid Acc w berserk.
ItemSet 327449

All of these are just guesses and obvious upgrades are the +1 ammo and feet. Cizin are augmented with +1 crit rate for now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-08-21 19:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Hey, just got rag, has anyone got a scourge set handy? Or just use reso set? Want to max it's damage for trials lol

Also if no Huginn/haf feet are ravagers +2 feet best for rag tp?

Thanks
I will post my scourge set later, using phone now. Its pretty decent with only a few minor upgrades. For your second question, the real answer is neither unless your doing old content. The defensive stats on ilevel gear is too important on 117 or higher content. I would use pummelers unless you need store tp in that slot. Hopefully we get upgraded emp armor to 119 soon, then we can get that beefy 10CAB back.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-08-21 19:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Uh, no. Because he has a resistance to All damage, not physical defense.

The MDT may be lower than the PDT but there is definitely MDT/MDB as well. Formless strikes would devastate it if it was just a defense buff, this is not the case.

Stacking minuet/chaos roll dia doesn't change the damage by much at all.
I guess that the way it's worded is misleading, and (should) work the way I think it does... but probably doesn't. But until I know I gotta try it out since no one else will/has.
Quote:
"Special Defense Down" means that this ability will lower a mob's physical and magical damage resistance, should it have any.

Formless has nothing to do with defense, it just alters the players damage flags to one of the magic ones. What he is saying is that lancelord has ridiculous defense and tomohawk does nothing for that.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if he also had some sort of pdt. Tomohawk is really weird, SEs description is very misleading. It only seems to remove damage specific resistances and not global PDT. It doesn't work on tojils first 25% for example.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 224 225 226