Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-04 15:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
runeghost said: »
I agree that there are no cures; again, I didn't want to go overboard listing everything I had; so I hit the optimize party and just said what that was.
I hadn't managed to get Power break or Boost yet; I can make both of those and put them on Tyro. Powerbreak and not armor break, I assume?
I still have yet to get -any- ability honed up to 5. I have been trying to hone anything as soon as it is capable just to get them up there...
Alright, one sec.

I had enough orbs stored up to make powerbreak (level 1), and was able to both make boost and upgrade it to Boost(2) before running out of materials. So that is 6 uses of Boost and 2 uses of powerbreak. I can see how that might get me past the first board, but I still see things running out long before .. Ah well, I thank you for your advice and will try it out. <I still find it amusing that some orbs I have nearly 200 of, but I still can't hone anything>
By the way, is there any resource out there that says exactly how long retaliate lasts? I usually can retaliate, get a normal action, then I retaliate again.. If I try 2 actions, then retaliate sometimes wears off and it is embarassing to have my party kill Cloud.

Retaliate duration is for time, but if you arent taking too long, it should be ok using retaliate -> 1st turn -> 2nd turn - wears off -> reapply in third turn. Normally it will wears off around the time you start the 3rd turn.

Boost last longer, should be ok for about 6 turns.
thanks i was wondering if boost was a 1 hit boost or if it lasted longer. Any idea how long the breaks last? specifically armor, its the only one i got so far
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-04 15:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read 2-3 turns on breaks. Not sure about breakdowns.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-04 15:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

just read back on the last page about the boost+retaliate thing @.@ im so gonna use that now, also i almost spit ice cream out at your prishe comment sparthosx, shes my fav. ffxi char still XD
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-06-04 19:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a small video of a run I did with few tips, if someone wants a few tips.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-06-05 09:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does upgrading with scarlatite and Adamantine get better results on equips then just using crap gear besides the obvious boost in level, more attack/defense etc? If so what's the difference between them?
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-05 11:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Does upgrading with scarlatite and Adamantine get better results on equips then just using crap gear besides the obvious boost in level, more attack/defense etc? If so what's the difference between them?
They give an extra boost to exp when used for the appropriate item. I forget which is for armor and which is weapons. I didn't know that when I first used mine up :/.

Question too! Is it worth hording mythril for specific events or is the %boost not worth it? Waiting for Masamune to come back around but it's burning a hole in my wallet
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2015-06-05 11:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yellow (scarlatite) for weapons and purple (adamantite) for armor. In addition to boosted amount, I think it's also cheaper, if gil is an issue.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-05 13:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »

As Jacaut said, using scarletite/adamantite net extra exp for upgrade. Its important when upgrading high lv item: the cost to upgrade increase each lv. And the final cost is relative to number of items used, so you would prefer using your high rank scarletite/adamantite to upgrade your high level item, to reduce the number of items to level so its costs.

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
Question too! Is it worth hording mythril for specific events or is the %boost not worth it? Waiting for Masamune to come back around but it's burning a hole in my wallet

If you want a specific relic, your best is to wait the respective banner.

Every banner has similar probability distribution, related to rank, not type. That means, every relic banner will have:

- 10% chance to drop a 5* item;
- 25% chance to drop a 4* item;
- 65% chance to drop a 3* item.

The diference between each banner is how the highlight items are distributed inside the pre fixed %/rank:

- if your banner has Rydia whip, Wakkas ball, Kains lance and clouds sword, each item will have 1% chance to drop;
- the others 6% are distributed to generic 5* items. Normally the generic 5* pool is wider. It can have the genji set, judgment staff, etc. Recently, this pool was swapped to the new set of generic 5* , balamb uniform, blitz sword, etc.
- finally, the 5* items not mentioned in the 2 situation above appears with craptastic drop rate, something close to the chance to get a 5* from a daily free pull (0.001%). Those items are the most char specific relic that dont show on banner.

So, TL;DR: the chance to get your masamune right now is 0.001%. If you wait masamune banner, the drop rate will increase to a full 1%.
Anyway, Masamune isnt the best katana Sephiroth can use, you probably would be happier if you can have One winged instead masamune.
Finally, a short list of upcoming relic banners:

http://m.imgur.com/a/8R82u
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-05 16:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That link is helpful thanks! There's so many I want I don't know what to save for :/ clouds my strongest so I guess next banner I'll spin once. I don't even have sephiroth yet just excited to get him. Didn't know he had something stronger then Masamune so here's to crossed fingers. At the moment I only have 1 5 star weapon and it's a falchion++ then I have a 4 star dancing dagger. Just wanna get some stronger stuff.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-05 16:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

iMO, best relics are Wakkas Official Ball and Tyros Sentinels Grimoire. That combo makes trivial any content, any lv.

Make sure to get them this weekend once the Friend option becomes available.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-05 16:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited for the friend list for once considering the ffxiah community!
[+]
 Cerberus.Thunderfang
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Thunderfang 2015-06-05 16:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Josef (friend) Giant's Gloves Soul Break would be good since it doesn't count as a death but you'll get the double/triple(?) attack boost :o
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-06 09:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

how is the Masamune for Sephiroth not his best weapon? his normal soul break seems to be garbage, whereas Hell's Gate from Masamune seems to hit harder/the entire field.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-06 10:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I pulled a Masamune about a week or two ago, but don't have Sephiroth...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-06 10:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hang it on a wall, it's going to look pretty cool. Especially if Aerith's blood is on it.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-06 12:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did opera house on elite in the event.... all my characters are effected my lvl3 confuse oh the horror! I won with my last hit before I ko'd...
By Pantafernando 2015-06-06 13:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the One Winged for Sephiroth:

Its better than Masamune but well... its just +1 attack compared with Masamune.

The SB is better too... same dmg but medium chance to blind...

And this is Organics for Cloud, +20 attacks compared with Buster Sword. SB also is 50% stronger and AoE.
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-06 13:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

so basically, event weapons that are not out yet. I don't know that I would try super hard to get One Winged, already having Masamune, but Organics would be nice as my Cloud is stuck using a Masamune Blade.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-07 07:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Maintenance gonna finally end right as I get busy at work I just know it :/
By Pantafernando 2015-06-07 08:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Games up!
By Pantafernando 2015-06-07 08:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, sweet.

New daily dungeons, that means loads of mythril (4x7= 28 during the week)!
By Pantafernando 2015-06-07 08:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, my friend ID is 9GrD.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-06-07 08:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

9Qpv is my code some people add me I'm at work so hard for me to keep up with everyone I'm sure codes will come flooding in! Using cloud with nothing great yet :/ lvl45 dancing dagger and gengji shield with a a durable power wristband.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-07 08:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
9Qpv is my code some people add me I'm at work so hard for me to keep up with everyone I'm sure codes will come flooding in! Using cloud with nothing great yet :/ lvl45 dancing dagger and gengji shield with a a durable power wristband.

Try changing to Warrior of Light or Bard with madura harp. Both will boost the attack.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-06-07 08:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Been slacking on this game, but this update seems to have added a border to the Android version. idk if it's the direct cause or not, but much of the lag from the previous versions is gone. Clicking my buttons actually works! :o

Friend code is 9bp6, will have Wakka set with his relic.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2015-06-07 09:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

95vG

Currently have dark knight Cecil set with his relic.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-06-07 09:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend code is 9hSD. Tyro/Sentinel's Grimoire set as roaming.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-07 09:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend code: 9xzW
Roaming warrior: Tyro+Sentinel's Grimoire
By Mysticales 2015-06-07 11:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend Code: eKNa
Roaming Warrior: Tyro+Healing Grimoire (Who doesnt like WHM 2HR on those hard fights!)
By runeghost 2015-06-07 11:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know my friend code yet and already had a hundred 'followers'... it's weird.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 159 160 161