Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 159 160 161
By Pantafernando 2015-05-25 20:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Vanille event next.

(Though i have no clue whos Vanille, i never played any ff 13+).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-25 21:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

She's a kid who some people would fap to.
By runeghost 2015-05-26 10:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't limit it at all...
oh, and MORE MITHRIL! Yay!
[+]
By Mysticales 2015-05-26 20:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well got my 3rd 5 star Danjuro.. so this time decided to combined it with what Cloud was using. Turns into a 6 star weapon! Guess Cloud will be more OP then he already was thanks to this.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-26 21:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 4 7* weapons/armor, they are great, especially when you have the level sync to them, but unless they were super uber at level 1, it's not all that great (I'm looking at you Danjuro, who is barely better than a level 20 Blood Lance)
By Mysticales 2015-05-26 22:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Really..? You think Danjuro isnt good?

Whats really funny.. is how the 4 star Giant Axe is better then most melee weapons I came across... Kain doesnt seem to wanna use my 5 star lances cause of it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-26 22:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Danjuro is good because most everyone can equip it.

But it's not a powerhouse weapon.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-27 03:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Vanile event is up, dont forget to grab todays daily to farm those lesser power orbs to create/hone retaliate, it will be very necessary as the final boss counter every dmg also have most physical attacks.

Leena and Vanile will overlap till the end of Lenna event. Given both are grinding events, one or other will need to be neglected. Given the strength of your party, the best is to farm Lenna till the end then do Vanille heroic mode, that is possible to complete all rewards in the remaining time without expending gem/mythrils.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-05-27 07:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone determine the best path during the Vanille event to farm exp/magicite? Trying to not wait til the last day to get some goodies.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 09:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Vanille event next.

(Though i have no clue whos Vanille, i never played any ff 13+).

Aussie Rikku.

>_>

Just old enough to not be bait. But she's bait. Like Prishe.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-05-27 10:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally pulled my first r5 weapon after maybe 40 pulls, the Binder Staff for Vanille. Just got her too, and she's only lvl7. Kind of excited as this is my first real 5* weapon (the other I have was combined with 2 crystal swords).
By Pantafernando 2015-05-27 15:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Anyone determine the best path during the Vanille event to farm exp/magicite? Trying to not wait til the last day to get some goodies.

Magicites are from Leenas event. There is nothing we can do but spam hard mode for nasties 1kish magicites. Vanille is survival, and doing heroic mode net so much memory crystals that you can collect everything with few runs provided you can complete.

I didnt read about optimal start yet but the variance isnt that high like Celes, so take any and thats ok.

Another useful info is that hard and heroic drops 4* orbs, so, depending what drop rate, maybe its a good idea farming vanille instead of leenas.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-05-27 15:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to get sentinals grimoire the other day. for my mule account -.-;

(started playing the game on my ipad when i have extra time)
By runeghost 2015-05-27 20:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if I am doing anything wrong - I can auto through 'hard' fine, but have terrific trouble with 'heroic'. I haven't managed to get through once (either wiping or quitting before I wipe).
I have lots of level 50s, is Heroic for the new event really hard or should I give more specifics so that you can do advice?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-05-27 20:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I just cheese them w/ retaliate. I don't care for that strat on elites/events, but for trash daily farming, *** it.
By Draylo 2015-05-27 20:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the strategy for that, just boost + retaliate and double cut the person ?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-05-27 20:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much.

Keep your strongest guy in front row. Everyone else in back row. Boost + retaliate. Everyone attack your him (Cloud for me).

Everyone in back row doesn't need dd stats since they're just hitting Cloud so suit them up in best defense options available

Edit: If you don't mind resetting when getting hit with AoE, then can throw in all your lowbies for this and lv them up at the same time.

Cloud is usually my only lv 50 for any of the dailies. Fill the rest w/ members I'm trying to lv up
By Draylo 2015-05-27 21:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have it ranked up high? I can imagine getting through the regular crap would be annoying with only one DD. Otherwise you burn all your retaliate uses before a boss or something.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-27 21:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

runeghost said: »
Not sure if I am doing anything wrong - I can auto through 'hard' fine, but have terrific trouble with 'heroic'. I haven't managed to get through once (either wiping or quitting before I wipe).
I have lots of level 50s, is Heroic for the new event really hard or should I give more specifics so that you can do advice?

Acording to somethings i read, "hard" would be content lv 50, heroic would be around 80-90, so its understandable chars struggling. In that situation, need to resort abilities, synergy or weakness to overcome that gap.

First realm synergy. Character realm synergy is a flat +10 lvs. Weapon/gear synergy is more noticeable. It varies depending of gear lv. At lv30 (a 7* gear) the increase is +70 lvs. Though the amount of xiii gear available is too short and hardly enough to fill a party, just 2 xiii chars and unlikely they will have lv 50.

Break abilities can close the gap. Power/magic break (or breakdown) can reduce the dmg taken. Armor/resistance break (or breakdown) can increase dmg done. Protectga double party defense. Backrowing chars reduce to half dmg taken. Boost increase char attack up to 50%. Noticeable soul breaks like Status Reel (Wakkas official ball) or Deprotega (Vanilles relic) works as defense/resistance breaks. Sentinels Grimoire works as -60% dt to entire party. Finally, vit0 floor mob defense.

Then there is the Retaliate meta, common strat done by placing all chars to back row and Cloud/Sephiroth in front row equipped with best weapon available and buffed with boost. Retaliate will make char nearly immune to physical dmg and 100% counter to any action evaded. It will counter even allies attacks, but directed to foes, and that mechanism allows "transfering" attack turns to Cloud: for example, a WHM attacking Cloud will force Cloud to attack mob, resulting in a WHM weak attack transforming in a heavy hitter Cloud attack. Using combination like Boost + retaliate + double cuts against Cloud + break abilities or vit0 will provided a more efficient defense and attack.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-05-27 21:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Do you have it ranked up high? I can imagine getting through the regular crap would be annoying with only one DD. Otherwise you burn all your retaliate uses before a boss or something.
I think I have it rank 3? 6 uses
By runeghost 2015-05-28 06:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 rank 3 retaliates (so Cloud is usually set up with 12 total retaliates). Currently I also had Tyro(50) and Josue(50) (both with a single double attack rank 2), with the other spots the FF13 characters for synergy(currently level 34 ish?).

However, taking on Anima even at hard usually takes long enough that characters run out of double attack and start dying; since Cloud retaliates every turn and everyone else attacks him, that is 4 hits each round (at ..say... 1250 each hit? so 10k each round?)Also, since retaliates can't be "aimed", sometimes he hits the 'arm balls' instead of the body, so it takes even longer to take him down, with him regularly doing 'magical defence' syncrhonisation (2 hits of 300-400 points to every character) ..and this is without actually 'attacking' him, just doing counters to clouds retaliate..

So if I do this on Heroic, I will likely be using Cloud on every battle - so I keep going until I hit a Heroic-anima or run out of retaliates and retreat there? Hmm.
I will move everyone to the back row except Cloud, they should last longer -
I guess I am doing things 'right'; I had hoped that there was something obvious that would greatly improve my play (like forgetting food or weaponskill macros in FFXI)
By Pantafernando 2015-05-28 16:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 rank 3 retaliates (so Cloud is usually set up with 12 total retaliates). Currently I also had Tyro(50) and Josue(50) (both with a single double attack rank 2), with the other spots the FF13 characters for synergy(currently level 34 ish?).

However, taking on Anima even at hard usually takes long enough that characters run out of double attack and start dying; since Cloud retaliates every turn and everyone else attacks him, that is 4 hits each round (at ..say... 1250 each hit? so 10k each round?)Also, since retaliates can't be "aimed", sometimes he hits the 'arm balls' instead of the body, so it takes even longer to take him down, with him regularly doing 'magical defence' syncrhonisation (2 hits of 300-400 points to every character) ..and this is without actually 'attacking' him, just doing counters to clouds retaliate..

So if I do this on Heroic, I will likely be using Cloud on every battle - so I keep going until I hit a Heroic-anima or run out of retaliates and retreat there? Hmm.
I will move everyone to the back row except Cloud, they should last longer -
I guess I am doing things 'right'; I had hoped that there was something obvious that would greatly improve my play (like forgetting food or weaponskill macros in FFXI)

Here is one way to think about mythrils/gems, but first, lets consider what you need to clear event:

- 1 run for mastery to receive mastery reward. After first mastery win, it doesnt matter if completing as novice or mastery, the memory crystal receive is the same;

- 20 complete runs in "hard" mode to receive all rewards; or

- 4-5 runs in "heroic" mode to receive all rewards.

After completing step 1 for all modes and 2 or 3, the event can be considered complete and you can stop spamming though its said spamming stages 1 and 2 on hard/heroic isa good source of 4* orbs (when the first and second stages are bosses).

Now mythrils/gem usage during battle: inside dungeons but outside battle, you can spend them (1 mythril/100 gems) to rest and restore hp and abilities but the best way to use it is wiping during fight. This way, your battle is restarted with mob full hp but chars fully restored (hp and abilities) plus small bonus (+10% hp or defense or attack or +2 uses in abilities, random) that lastthe current fight. It doesnt affect your ranking so you can still receive mastery if wiping and reviving.

Now about retaliate target: it isnt random. Retaliate will search the target with lower %hp, so if you want retaliate to attack just body, before countering, make sure to poke body to make it 99% hp.

About anima: the trick is killing one arm, magic break the other and kill the body. Power/armor break to adjust dmg taken/done. Boost is +50% attack, and due to dmg equation, can result in twice dmg.

Now the ultimate combo for dmg is called vit0. It requires few tools though: shell + mentalbreakdown or wakka/vanilles relic SB + protect. Due to algorithm game uses to calculate final defense/resistance (break status are calculated after buffs/buffs are calculated after debuff/reaplying buff first erase effect then recalcule after debuff/debuff remain even if buff is gone), you can proceed shell in mob -> mental breakdown -> reaply shell in mob to severely reduce its resistance or protect in mob -> wakka/vanille relic SB -> resply protect in mob to severely reduce its defense.

EDIT:

(bragging inside spoilers)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-05-29 01:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

fuuuuuuuuuuuu for having all those 5star weapons X_x i can't seem to draw any 5star weapons on my main :/ only have a few from crafting 3 and 4 stars X_x. i have a ton of 5star armor though D:

hell I'd be happy with a danjuro at this point X_x
By Pantafernando 2015-05-29 04:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Final+Fantasy+Record+Keeper/news.asp?c=64523

Quote:
Q: There aren't any characters or records from Final Fantasy XI or Final Fantasy XIV yet - are there any plans to include them in the future? How about Final Fantasy XV?

Hazama-san: Yes there are definitely plans for Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV, and we'll be discussing Final Fantasy XV soon.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-05-29 04:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Need more mythril.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-06-04 11:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, some updates:

- Locke event, going on till June 9th. Seems like it requires 953 to complete all event, that would mean 2 days of staminas.

- Locke Banner: Lots of VI gear, some gear with shared SBs and Locke relic (ranged with SB AoE + Slow).

- Game update next friday. Lots of news:

1. First level cap break (50 -> 65);

2. Advent of Record Materia;

3. Quests: something like redoing dungeons for extra rewards. Also, it seems the missed chars can be obtained by undertaking those quest and appropriate dungeon;

4. Roaming Warrior/Friends: choose one char, share your code with your friend, then that friend will be able to call your choosen char to unleash a SB to help in fight. Look for friends with powerful SBs to share codes. Its up to 100 friends the limit;

5. Battle Speed: Make faster/slower the speed, speeding up against brainless fodders auto attack fights, or slowing down against hard hitting foes, so you can take your time selecting the most appropriate strategy, directing correctly your target without being zerged by mobs turns. Often, due to how shitty is the "Skip" option (takes too long), if i miss one char and need to skip all others 4 chars before coming back to the one i want, just that time is enough to boss to take 2 turns, and depending of enemy, that can be fatal;

6. Dungeon Info: target score info, staminas required, etc.
[+]
By runeghost 2015-06-04 13:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I wonder how one makes 'friends'.
I finally completed the FF13 event (Having to do it hard instead of Heroic made it last much longer). I am convinced that I am doing -something- wrong. I can beat Hard trivially with even my groups in the 30s, but even using my 'optimized' group I need to use all my abilities to clear even a single level in Heroic.. and usually resulting in at least one death, before a total party kill on the second level. I would be willing to spend a mithril for a clear, but spending one -every- level ....

I don't want to type out -everything- but when I hit 'optimize', this is the party I get:
Cloud/50/Defender(1)/Genji Armor(V)/DurablePowerWrist(13)/ Doublecut-3, Retaliate-3
Josuf/50/Giant's Axe(V)/BlackGarb(IV)/HyperWrist(6)/Doublecut-2/Blank
Tyro/50
Kain/50/Swordbreaker(VI),CrystalArmor(V)/Hero'sRing(VI)/Jump-2/Blank
Terra/50/GravityRod(VI),BalambGardenUniform(VIII)/Earring(VII)/Thundaja-1/Thundaga-2

Now... obviously I could switch other level 50s in (not everyone is capped yet), but going for synergy doesn't help... replacing the items with lower level items with synergy results in a loss for the most part...

So could someone offer advice? I -could- type all 100 equipments and all 24 abilities if it helps....
By Pantafernando 2015-06-04 13:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no cures in your party. I dont see how you can do it without cures.

Plus honed power break (must) and magic (very optional, actually nvm that, its just necessary against PSICOM marauder). I recomend at least r3 power break (need one for warmech, behemoth, all the rest for anima). Fodders can be auto attacked. Use it to charge sould breaks.

Everyone back row but cloud.

Thats the bare minimum to survive against heavy hitter foes.

Add to tyro boost. Remove double cut from cloud and give it to tyro and add a second retaliate. Hone the max you can. Remember to boost cloud while hes in retaliate. Drop terras thundaja and give her at least curaga r3, plus cura honed to second healer, probably in the place of kain. If vanille is there, she can work as healer. Or aeris, even WHM works wonder with her AoE cure soul break. With synergy, just need about lv 40 to match a lv50 char with no synergy.

This is what ive been using to farm vanille event on heroic. Real game breaking here is wakka ball for vit0 (vanille relic has same effect).

By runeghost 2015-06-04 14:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that there are no cures; again, I didn't want to go overboard listing everything I had; so I hit the optimize party and just said what that was.
I hadn't managed to get Power break or Boost yet; I can make both of those and put them on Tyro. Powerbreak and not armor break, I assume?
I still have yet to get -any- ability honed up to 5. I have been trying to hone anything as soon as it is capable just to get them up there...
Alright, one sec.

I had enough orbs stored up to make powerbreak (level 1), and was able to both make boost and upgrade it to Boost(2) before running out of materials. So that is 6 uses of Boost and 2 uses of powerbreak. I can see how that might get me past the first board, but I still see things running out long before .. Ah well, I thank you for your advice and will try it out. <I still find it amusing that some orbs I have nearly 200 of, but I still can't hone anything>
By the way, is there any resource out there that says exactly how long retaliate lasts? I usually can retaliate, get a normal action, then I retaliate again.. If I try 2 actions, then retaliate sometimes wears off and it is embarassing to have my party kill Cloud.
By Pantafernando 2015-06-04 14:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that there are no cures; again, I didn't want to go overboard listing everything I had; so I hit the optimize party and just said what that was.
I hadn't managed to get Power break or Boost yet; I can make both of those and put them on Tyro. Powerbreak and not armor break, I assume?
I still have yet to get -any- ability honed up to 5. I have been trying to hone anything as soon as it is capable just to get them up there...
Alright, one sec.

I had enough orbs stored up to make powerbreak (level 1), and was able to both make boost and upgrade it to Boost(2) before running out of materials. So that is 6 uses of Boost and 2 uses of powerbreak. I can see how that might get me past the first board, but I still see things running out long before .. Ah well, I thank you for your advice and will try it out. <I still find it amusing that some orbs I have nearly 200 of, but I still can't hone anything>
By the way, is there any resource out there that says exactly how long retaliate lasts? I usually can retaliate, get a normal action, then I retaliate again.. If I try 2 actions, then retaliate sometimes wears off and it is embarassing to have my party kill Cloud.

Retaliate duration is for time, but if you arent taking too long, it should be ok using retaliate -> 1st turn -> 2nd turn - wears off -> reapply in third turn. Normally it will wears off around the time you start the 3rd turn.

Boost last longer, should be ok for about 6 turns.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 159 160 161