Color Perception & Optical Illusion Topic

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Color Perception & Optical Illusion Topic
Color Perception & Optical Illusion Topic
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-27 18:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way I don't think this dress is ugly. Although it's not the kind of stuff I'd wear.
By Enuyasha 2015-02-27 18:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I look at the original pic, and the one where she is wearing it...so where was I supposed to see white and gold? The original picture seemed to me blue with a dark beige frill, and the girl wearing it seemed to confirm so(though I'd confuse it for black there easily).

So...huh? I didn't understand any of this.

At least one of these should show white/gold to you and one is blue/black
the middle is the original and it will change depending on the person viewing it.
Yea, this is what i was talking about. I saw the middle one first which my initial thought was "This is stupid its 'gold' and blue"

Then i looked at it again and saw the window in the back and went "Oh, overexposed black and blue" :<

As far as the perception part goes,

I see the vase first, someone else can see the faces first. I can also see the faces once i actually try to see the faces (But i cant see both at the same time).

This one is odd because i can never see the old woman even if im trying to see it, some people can never see the young woman.

Totes interesting. Theres other examples but id have to dig through my psychology book to find the examples i want.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-02-27 18:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

aaand this dress just showed up on my local news
:|
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-27 18:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, unlike you guys I don't feel fascinated from everyone seeing a different colour, I actually feel very upset. I'm very agitated right now.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-27 18:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I see blue and black regardless of the filter used. In the Amazon image Kali posted in the OP, I DO see white with gold, it's not as ugly in those colors.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-27 18:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
I see a tall man with a white hat and a midget!
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-27 18:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This one is odd because i can never see the old woman even if im trying to see it, some people can never see the young woman.

Totes interesting. Theres other examples but id have to dig through my psychology book to find the examples i want.
The chin of the young woman is the old woman's nose.

The young woman's necklace is the old woman's mouth.

the young woman's bottom left ear is the old woman's far inner corner of the eye.

The only thing that messes this up is the young woman's nose, making it look like the old woman has some fuzz or something at the top of her nose.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-27 18:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, unlike you guys I don't feel fascinated from everyone seeing a different colour, I actually feel very upset. I'm very agitated right now.
Usually the color red does that, blue is supposed to be more of a relaxing color. That is why here in the states McDonald's is red and yellow, they are colors intended to make patrons feel anxious and in a hurry.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-27 18:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Try spending 2 hours on a topic you find interesting about the human brain and then get 3-4 people bashing you for it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-27 18:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Usually the color red does that, blue is supposed to be more of a relaxing color. That is why here in the states McDonald's is red and yellow, they are colors intended to make patrons feel anxious and in a hurry.
That's not what I'm talking about.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-27 18:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what I'm talking about.
I didn't say it was.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-27 18:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Try spending 2 hours on a topic you find interesting about the human brain and then get 3-4 people bashing you for it.
Who was "bashing" you?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-27 18:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I quoted Kojo.

edit:..unless

Kali is Kojo confirmed.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-27 18:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually defended you for it, after my sister showed me last night I ended up skimming an article about it but it was late.

It seems more see it as white and gold than blue and black, according to a Buzzfeed poll.

EDIT: I do stand by my opinion that the blue and black look of the dress is ugly.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-27 18:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I quoted Kojo.

edit:..unless

Kali is Kojo confirmed.
Kali said she saw it as white and gold, I see it as blue and black so that's not possible.
By Enuyasha 2015-02-27 18:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually defended you for it, after my sister showed me last night I ended up skimming an article about it but it was late.

It seems more see it as white and gold than blue and black, according to a Buzzfeed poll.
i read an IFLS article about it. They have a video of someone in PS sliding the color variances around to show how it got from one end to the other :<
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-27 18:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If two souls reside in the same body, will the perceive things differently?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-27 18:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No, eye sight is the same.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-02-27 18:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

the young woman's bottom left ear is the old woman's far inner corner of the eye.

The only thing that messes this up is the young woman's nose, making it look like the old woman has some fuzz or something at the top of her nose.
It's a wart or mole on her nose :)
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-27 18:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

It's a wart or mole on her nose :)
that works!
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-27 18:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Most guys see it as blue and black, me, my brother, my dad. Women see it as white and gold. My mom, sister, and niece all saw it as white and gold.
Most of the women I know have been seeing it as blue/black whereas most of the men have been seeing white/gold. And, yes, quite a lot of the men I know are gay, but the ones making the biggest noise about it are straight, so let's not go down some weird road with this.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-27 18:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The different energy might alter the chemical balance, thus having a different level of hormones and synapses reactions, leading to different perceptions.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-27 18:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I legitimately don't understand what the *** this ***is all about... how stupid do you have to be to not see the obvious.

Unless you're colorblind.

It's a yellow light, FFS. Have you all grown so accustomed to LED that you can't tell what color lightbulbs "used" to be.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-27 18:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Most guys see it as blue and black, me, my brother, my dad. Women see it as white and gold. My mom, sister, and niece all saw it as white and gold.
Most of the women I know have been seeing it as blue/black whereas most of the men have been seeing white/gold. And, yes, quite a lot of the men I know are gay, but the ones making the biggest noise about it are straight, so let's not go down some weird road with this.
It wasn't about a gay or straight thing so I agree, let's not go down this road.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-27 18:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I legitimately don't understand what the *** this ***is all about... how stupid do you have to be to not see the obvious.

Unless you're colorblind.
intelligence has nothing with what color you perceive.

It seems so easy that people kneejerk to "you must be stupid or colorblind", instead of actually thinking why they are seeing that color.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-27 18:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

People have always been presented with the same information, and more likely than not, always taken something different from it.

Source doesn't really matter.

A better example, in truth, would be interpretations of texts.

of glaringly obvious symbols (like psychology symbols that Verda posted - I see both the chalice/vase and the faces at the same time, and always have)

Simply saying the dress is ugly, isn't bashing on you or your thread, but it is a perfect example of seeing the same information being perceived differently, but what stigma about the dress tells us is that it's not, nor has it ever been limited to, reading black and white, but also colors. More so that someone's taste in a color psychologically differs from the person next to us, or in this case, hundreds of miles away from each other, because we're talking about this over the internet.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-27 18:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The different energy might alter the chemical balance, thus having a different level of hormones and synapses reactions, leading to different perceptions.
That's not how hormones work, if we're agreeing two souls are in one body. The body stays the same. Whoopie Goldberg doesn't become Patrick Swayze just because he possesses her.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-27 18:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
It's a yellow light, FFS. Have you all grown so accustomed to LED that you can't tell what color lightbulbs "used" to be.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-27 18:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In the case of "two souls" inhabiting the same body, it would be easier to break it down by thoughts of Multiple Personality Disorder.

Two personalities existing in the same body can view the same thing rather differently, because perception isn't based entirely on sight, but based on psychological filters that process what we're seeing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9