Men Notice Women, Somehow This Is News.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Men notice women, somehow this is news.
Men notice women, somehow this is news.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-10-30 14:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Have we not talked about continuously goading people and taking jabs like this?

If people don't like it they should stop doing it instead of relying on mods to coddle them and force the rest of us to just deal with their shitty behavior.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-30 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You are by commenting and keeping threads like this alive...
So? I don't know about you, but I'm laughing at her for doing this in the first place.

What are you doing to comment on this? Oh right, nothing but bitching.

Do you guys even read your own posts?
I'm sure that we do. Which is why I'm questioning if you do or even understand. I'm sure that you, like Jet does all the time, are just trolling.

He's just like the girl in the video.

Wildly misinterpreting "hello".

Where's Fone with some obscure golden age Simpson's reference in gif or youtube form?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-30 15:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Have we not talked about continuously goading people and taking jabs like this?
I think he's now old enough for the "where do babies come from" talk too.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-30 15:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, we can just forget about this video, turns out posting a video where a bunch of men harass you is actually racist...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-30 15:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So? I don't know about you, but I'm laughing at her for doing this in the first place.

I'm sure that we do. Which is why I'm questioning if you do or even understand. I'm sure that you, like Jet does all the time, are just trolling.
In what way did I *** about anything? At least you admit to it now though lol...

I doubt it some times...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-30 15:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Clearly, all 17,362,469 views this lovely young woman got were by male victims, threatened at the very thought that they could be judged for their disgusting behavior. Females playing the victim has never and will never be a real issue, they are too busy being persecuted at every turn to trade dignity for attention.

This PSA sponsored by Flavin, your resident male feminist.
When did I ever talk about all the people that have viewed this video? It was in reference to a few people that post here often enough to act like victims every time a woman does something they don't like...

Good on you for spouting more nonsense though...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-30 15:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

He's just like the girl in the video.

Wildly misinterpreting "hello".

Where's Fone with some obscure golden age Simpson's reference in gif or youtube form?
If we're going to talk about anyone misinterpreting anything I think you'd be leading the board on that one...

You guys seem to base things more off feelings like the girl in this video might than anything else...

I'm not here to defend her at all, haven't even watched the video...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-30 15:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Then what is the basis for saying the male conservatives are complaining about being victims of women?

I always enjoy a good "I'm the victim of women" session by the male conservatives here... Entertainment at it's finest!

I mean is this then not the most ignorant thing you've ever posted?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-30 15:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, we can just forget about this video, turns out posting a video where a bunch of men harass you is actually racist...
Anything to make a buck in advertising, I guess.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-30 15:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Then what is the basis for saying the male conservatives are complaining about being victims of women?

I always enjoy a good "I'm the victim of women" session by the male conservatives here... Entertainment at it's finest!
Don't bother with Flavin, he's just playing the victim card to troll people.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-30 15:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
She ignores someone and they persist; those men were harassing her. Compliments given tactlessly can also be harassment.

But it's saddening to see someone go as far as wear clothing with lettering written on their *** and then ***/whine that others will flirt or greet them as they walk by.

Imagine if I walked around with the words Nike on my crotch then got mad at women for noticing me and saying "what's up handsome?"
Ignoring them completely. Would the woman not be equally annoyed at me in that situation as some of the men were?

This is a depressing look at society's dictation of behaviour regarding gender roles more than anything.
You are correct, 2 out of 100+ (according to her at the end of the video) people were technically harassing her (that one guy was just walking next to her, the other guy was trying to talk to her and get her attention).

Either way, this was just a ploy to be a drama queen and pretend to get angry at something...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-30 15:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean is this then not the most ignorant thing you've ever posted?
The bassis is that's what some of you are doing with your comments... It has nothing to do with the video posted.. It's nothing new around here either...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-30 15:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't bother with Flavin, he's just playing the victim card to troll people.
Victim card? Who's attempting to troll now? lol...
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-30 15:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

As I'm reading this thread, I'm sitting in a resturant eating with my wife.

A guy walked up to me and asked "is the food here good?"

Am I being harassed?

(I nodded to answer his question)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-30 15:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Your food is being harassed.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-30 15:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

foodie
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-30 15:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he was on his way out with his own food. Perhaps he mistook me for someone else?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-30 15:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »

Am I being harassed?

The answer is: yes, you must sue the restaurant for sexual harassment.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2014-10-30 15:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like I'm not aware of women getting harassed by random asshats in public but yea, this video stupidly encompasses any and all interaction with this woman by men as harassment... and I know of many women who DO see it this way. I live in a very liberal city with a lot of feminist movement groups. Now there's nothing wrong with ACTUAL feminism, but many of these groups perpetuate the idea that if a man is within 10 feet of you, he is threatening you, regardless of situation.

It's annoying; I've walked to work before with a woman 10 feet ahead of me and after 2 minutes of walking she threatened to call the police if I didn't leave. I've been threatened when I nodded at a woman who made eye contact with me and I said "hello."

Guess all I'm saying is, this harassment towards women definitely exists, but the way it's being "addressed" by some is outrageous and is no better than what they stand against.
Well that's my thoughts at least, time for a sandwich.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-30 15:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiah Monstruo said: »
Lye said: »

Am I being harassed?

Put your phone down and enjoy spending time with your wife at this fine head noddingly good establishment.

Ffxiah doesn't want your focus right now!
Neither does his wife, by the looks of it.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 15:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If she was a 300 LBS male I highly doubt she would have gotten as many greetings or attention.

I'm glad I saw this though; Shows me what its like to be a semi-attractive woman walking in public.
I can't really relate. I don't get that attention when I walk down the street, but I'm sure after a few days of it I would be punching every last mother fuc_er that looked my way. Sometimes people just wanna get to where they're going without having to interact with others.

Sucks to be an attractive woman in public. But don't pretend like the cons outweigh the pros. If you're an attractive woman you can do something the rest of us can't- nothing. You can leech off others and flourish just by looking the way you do. I'd be willing to sacrifice my silent walks in public for that.

Any sugar mammas want a 250 LBS 35 year old hairy man that won't do anything except look like a 250 lbs 35 year old hairy man?
no?
Your loss.
[+]
 Shiva.Katharyn
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Katharyn 2014-10-30 15:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So what do we all think? Men just being harmless men with a desperate wannabe victim? Genuine harassment? Or somewhere in-between?

More like men being harassing I wanna *** her entitled men. Fairly typical flair.

You and I both know that isn't a hello or good day for the sake of being polite. It's a hit on, and nothing else. People are just trying to paint women as rude jerks because they don't like what's on display because it shows them things they likely do themselves, or watch a friend do, and know is wrong, but don't care to stop.

Hello and good day are for when you actually make conversation or greet someone at a business or a friend, or hold the door for someone. It isn't something you do to anyone walking down the street.

I have NEVER EVER seen a man say to another man randomly on the street as they pass each other: Hey dude! Whaz up! Goodday right? As they pass on the street, they nod and keep walking as if the other guy was holding a bomb, the only exception is if their already friends, but strangers? Nope. Not. Ever.

Women will make conversation to other women, or someone they don't feel threatened by, but never men saying anything, unless their wife stops to talk to someone, then, they will.

That alone proves the point of harassment.
It's not something men do to be nice, it's something men do to women they want to date and sleep with, that's it.

Most men would likewise, NOT be comfortable, or would start a fight if other men walked up and hit on them the way most men do women.

Which reminds me of an interesting quote I read awhile back about homophobia: The fear another man will treat you the same way you treat women.

Most women tend to agree on one thing: If men we're treated like that daily, a lot of the problems women face daily by men, wouldn't exist. Because for a lot of people, you just, will never understand until you face it yourself, every single day of your life. (every hour or less by most accounts)

But let me ask one thing:

Imagine you are walking behind your girlfriend/wife and see her getting harassed like in the video: Would you ignore it and say they're just being nice, or would you be pissed off?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-30 15:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

News flash: there are attractive women who wants to be valued for their worth and not just marry into some old rich man and wait for inheritance.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-30 16:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Katharyn said: »
I have NEVER EVER seen a man say to another man randomly on the street as they pass each other: Hey dude! Whaz up! Goodday right? As they pass on the street, they nod and keep walking as if the other guy was holding a bomb, the only exception is if their already friends, but strangers? Nope. Not. Ever.

not here~ its usually a nod but sometimes a greeting of some sort. Like afternoon or howdy. tip of the hat kind of thing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-30 16:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You and I both know that isn't a hello or good day for the sake of being polite.
Most of her 100+ "harassment" are those who say "Hello" or "Good <insert time of day>" according to that video.

Even most of those that very slightly may consider harassment can be considered as friendly and/or possible asking out. Not exactly dangerous as she states in her video.

Only very few would have been considered to be actually harassment, and of those very few, only 2 took it too far.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 16:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

She's also decent 6, Max a 7. Imagine what its like for an a 8-9
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-30 16:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

not here~ its usually a nod but sometimes a greeting of some sort. Like afternoon or howdy. tip of the hat kind of thing.
Texas etiquette.

Say "Hello" or some form of that, and nod to strangers. I say "Hello" to random people, including and especially those who I don't want as potential mates (males and old people).

It's called respect, and I give it to people, and they give it right back.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-30 16:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed, you aren't helping things out at all, you know that, right?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10