FFXIAH.com Super Smash Bros. 3DS Tournament
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-10-07 11:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Always fun to spam counters until people catch up and spam grabs. Makes for some funny games.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-10-07 13:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i allways forget about the dogging moves lol,
By tarupowa 2014-10-07 14:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

so theres a mii only tourny i know that, has it been decided whether they will be allowed in the item/no item as well? i wish i had a wii-u so i could do that when it comes out too :(
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-10-07 14:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I love fighting all these Little Mac scrubs in For Glory.

I win that match up 8-9 times out of 10. I'm gonna post some more clips when my tripod gets in (I have shaky hands lol if you couldn't tell from my last vid)
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2014-10-07 14:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

I win that match up 8-9 times out of 10. I'm gonna post some more clips when my tripod gets in (I have shaky hands lol if you couldn't tell from my last vid)
I haven't even done For Glory yet. All I've been doing is trying to get all the custom specials available for people I play. So annoying to try to get the ones I want to actually use.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-10-07 14:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Who do you play as, Shulk?

I haven't tried the duel mode yet, I haven't figured out who's a good duelist.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-07 14:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

tarupowa said: »
so theres a mii only tourny i know that, has it been decided whether they will be allowed in the item/no item as well? i wish i had a wii-u so i could do that when it comes out too :(
Mii tourny will be without items/equipment.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-10-07 14:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Shulk main; then I've been toying around w/ Wii Fit trainer and Ludwig on the side
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-10-07 15:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-07 17:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Characters with projectiles, most characters with effective juggles, and Little Mac. Subtract any characters that are heavily reliant on precise spacing (Marth etc) and characters that heavily favor custom specials over their default options.

Sad thing is that people get so mad about Little Mac. He's good and all, but he's not that good.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-07 17:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My only problem with Little Mac is not having enough experience against him yet, so his move set kinda catches me off guard. I think once more people get used to play with/against him they'll stop thinking about him as such a threat.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-07 18:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to get some practice time/critique in against a Mac just let me know, he's one of the characters I've got in regular rotation right now.

I do think he'll be a strong presence long-term, though not top tier (he's not top tier even now). A Mac with patience and good spacing is incredibly dangerous and very difficult to punish.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-07 18:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

http://gfycat.com/PortlyUnevenBaboon

"You ain't no air fighte- oh, okay."
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-10-07 19:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shulk main; then I've been toying around w/ Wii Fit trainer and Ludwig on the side
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Characters with projectiles, most characters with effective juggles, and Little Mac. Subtract any characters that are heavily reliant on precise spacing (Marth etc) and characters that heavily favor custom specials over their default options.

Sad thing is that people get so mad about Little Mac. He's good and all, but he's not that good.
Speaking of Wii Fit Trainer, it was the only duel that seemed hopeless as Mac.

I've tried the usual Charizard, Ike and Falcon but yes, the projectiles as it's FD setting made it a nightmare, except for Mac obviously, he's way too rush down to care.

There was a tier list published last week, Mac was C or C+. He seems pretty solid to me at the very least, I'll stick with him until I can bring Shulk or someone else up to par.

As for projectiles, I haven't really paid attention to those characters yet as it's not my cup of tea, I was thinking about Megaman.

Here, I'm sure you've seen that, it's the JP list:

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-07 20:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Mac isn't really what I'd call rushdown, his tools aren't safe when used in that manner. Dash attack spam for example pretty much begs to be shieldgrabbed, at which point you're probably offstage and thus in a very dangerous position. Treat him like a real boxer and play some footsies. Jab, ftilt, dtilt, grab, and to an extent dsmash (roll coverage) are your main tools in a neutral situation.

Basically: walk, don't run. It puts a whole different spin on his game. I only dash attack if it's the only way I can safely get a punish in or as a mixup to surprise my opponent without giving them time to react.

That list was posted earlier, I'll just reiterate that it's entirely based on early tourney placement. Characters that are under- or over-represented in the higher levels of Japan's Smash scene may have odd placings, to say nothing of the continually developing nature of the game this early on.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-09 10:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

6 people have registered (assuming for all 3 tournies)

Don't forget to register!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-11 12:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomorrow is the last day to register!
By tarupowa 2014-10-11 12:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

my cousin is prolly gonna register, hes not home yet tho o.o so consider it one extra person lol. so are mii's allowed in normal tourny's or only in the mii-exclusive?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-11 16:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Miis are allowed in normal tournaments
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-10-11 16:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the final saying on rules w/ customs/equipment then? or will they be equipmentless miis?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-11 21:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No Equipment at all.

Customable movesets....well...nobody has said yay or nay on it I believe.

Miis will be naked though.
By tarupowa 2014-10-11 21:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
No Equipment at all. Customable movesets....well...nobody has said yay or nay on it I believe. Miis will be naked though.
no equipment was obvious, so wait, mii's naked meaning just the no equipment right? or just all the base attack sets? lol im confused
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-11 23:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No Equipment at all. Customable movesets....well...nobody has said yay or nay on it I believe. Miis will be naked though.
no equipment was obvious, so wait, mii's naked meaning just the no equipment right? or just all the base attack sets? lol im confused
No equipment meaning no additional stat boosts. You can still customize the clothing on the Miis.
By tarupowa 2014-10-12 08:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No equipment meaning no additional stat boosts. You can still customize the clothing on the Miis.
oh lol, i was just confused cause you specified that on the mii's even though it was already said so i thought the others got to use it lol sorry
By fractalvoid 2014-10-12 13:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in. 4597-0388-1356
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-12 21:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated and there are only a few hours left of registration!

Tomorrow morning look for the matchup link!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-12 21:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw it, I linked the matchups and final rules for the tournament.

There is still time to register, and if you make it under the deadline at 12 midnight CST, I'll add you real quick to the listing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2014-10-12 22:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Two questions regarding the current ruleset.

One, why can't we change custom loadouts between matches?

Two, why aren't we using the expanded stagelist for the no items tournament? FD is historically relatively polarizing for a competitively legal stage (and FG mode has confirmed that this still holds true), which is part of the reason I initially pushed for the expanded stagelist.

Additionally, a procedure for stage selection still needs to be set.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-12 23:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

One, why can't we change custom loadouts between matches?
One of the major complaints for the Mii characters is that there are multiple different possibilities of movesets where there is no set set of moves and it is impossible to tell the style of the fighter. While I'm all for the randomness of the character movesets, I don't want any drama associated with it during the tournament. Since this issue was never addressed during the registration period, I had to make a decision regarding this discrepancy. I figured that if I allowed custom movesets for the characters, I had to give something to those who were against the Mii movesets by restricting the custom movesets to the round. That way, everyone is essentially satisfied, somewhat.

Two, why aren't we using the expanded stagelist for the no items tournament? FD is historically relatively polarizing for a competitively legal stage (and FG mode has confirmed that this still holds true), which is part of the reason I initially pushed for the expanded stagelist.
I chose the Omega battlefields so nobody would "forget" (myself included) to turn off the items during the fight. I fought against Tiger using items once, forgetting to turn them off. I figured that by forcing the Omega battlefields on the tournaments that do not allow for items, I alleviate that issue. Since each Omega battlefield is essentially the same, just different backgrounds, there is no point in restricting specific battlefields for these tournies.

Additionally, a procedure for stage selection still needs to be set.
Well, I guess the fighters can decide by selecting the battlefields they want to fight in, ranked by choice. The first set that matches both competitors choices would be used, then the second set for the second round, and third set if needed.

Added to the second post.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-13 07:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I will be available tonight at about 6 P.M. CST or so. If anyone wants to fight me in a couple of rounds.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7