Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 54 55 56
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 20:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Higher tier spells (has spoilers in it, click at own risk)
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-06 20:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Really bad design when it comes to armor. Really lazy.
I'm ok with how they did the armour just because each set's buffs are large (it seems to be % based, the HP one for me is over +800 now) so it allows for some actual customization instead of just a linear progression of better and better armour. More itemization would be nice, but I'd much rather have only a couple pieces which offer their own thing rather than just "This piece has 10 defense, this piece has 20".
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 20:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You get some unique effect accessories later, one of the items for Noctis is really nice
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-06 20:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You get some pretty early as well.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 20:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
You get some pretty early as well.

The one you get later
By Viciouss 2016-12-06 21:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Kal the outfits are lame.
By crimsondragon 2016-12-06 21:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
crimsondragon said: »
accessories

Yeah there's a TON of accessories in the game, especially post-game

Many of them being special items

New weapons too
They do it horribly though.

That is what made FF great to begin with.

Since when were FF games hard in the main story? I really can't think of one boss fight that was difficult during the main story

You can beat a lot of the games at very low level too

I guess I mean by hard, you had to actually have some type of thinking involved in the combat.

Kalila said: »
but FF games never were about difficulty in the main story, and saved those moments for special bosses outside, which I much prefer. Makes it more exciting that way, that you're willingly doing it and trying to defeat it but you don't have to.

Good example. Beating the main story then going around cleaning up is never how I've played FF. I've always done it concurrently. Which adds to the "hardness" of the game.

Would explain why I dislike the newer FF games. All the emphasis is on the main story.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 21:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

accessories

Yeah there's a TON of accessories in the game, especially post-game

Many of them being special items

New weapons too
They do it horribly though.

How so? It's not much different from other FFs
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-12-06 21:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That is what made FF great to begin with.

Since when were FF games hard in the main story? I really can't think of one boss fight that was difficult during the main story

You can beat a lot of the games at very low level too

I guess I mean by hard, you had to actually have some type of thinking involved in the combat.
Since when? 95% of the time, with Flans and gimmick bosses being the exception, spam the attack command with the occasional potion for healing was all you needed for the base game.

You COULD exploit elemental weaknesses if you wanted to, or make heavy use of customization options, but they were definitely not remotely necessary for most of the game.
By crimsondragon 2016-12-06 21:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazily. The uniform plain slots that are unlockable with AP.. It's not much different from "other" FFs in the plain accessories department. TBH this is the only thing they did half descent and they still half screwed it up. I mean, at least we had them right! /Looks at his armor inventory..
By crimsondragon 2016-12-06 22:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
spam the attack command with the occasional potion for healing was all you needed for the base game.

That is exactly the problem with the last few of these games.

You COULD exploit elemental weaknesses if you wanted to, or make heavy use of customization options, but they were definitely not remotely necessary for most of the game.

The older games you could do the above at lower levels and some strategy and actually feel like you accomplished something. If you failed get some more levels and try again. Now its, mash X button, use potion, rinse repeat no matter what it seems.

Don't get me wrong 15 has a decent idea going with its battle system it just feels a little lacking somehow.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 22:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

spam the attack command with the occasional potion for healing was all you needed for the base game.

You could do that in all the games lol, have you replayed them recently?
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-06 22:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So the team you play is is all guys, and it is only those 4 characters? You don't get more team mates or swap them or anything?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 22:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You do get some guest characters
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-12-06 22:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not just newer games. Literally every numbered single player final fantasy has played that way. Every single one.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-06 22:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There has never been a difficult Final Fantasy main story campaign lol. Very seldom did you get difficulty spikes or hard bosses (most relatable to most people probably being Yunalesca in FFX). The challenging content is reserved for optional side bosses and post-game content like Vio Purifico. Not sure why suddenly people are expecting FF to be Dark Souls.

If you want Dark Souls play Dark Souls.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 22:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The main story is made so most people can get through it without too much difficulty so they can experience the story, it's the optional content that is made to be difficult so you get some challenge out of the game

The main bosses are all easy
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-06 22:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Now its, mash X button, use potion, rinse repeat no matter what it seems.
Literally ever FF but tactics, tactics replace heals with movement... There has very very rarely any unique strategy to bosses, attack, heal, sometimes shield/haste, boom you win. Throw in some black magic and summons if you want it too look fancy but they weren't necessary unless the mob had a physical immunity.

Going beyond the main story the bonus stuff has always been about manipulating numbers more so than actual player skill... It's still a thing don't get me wrong but the difficulty was in the menu screen not the fight itself.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 22:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With some magic gear and food on I did 85k with a flare lol
By crimsondragon 2016-12-06 22:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
If you want Dark Souls play Dark Souls.

The root of the problem.

A lot of us I think would prefer FF to go more the route of Dark Souls rather than so easy a 5 year old could do it in his sleep. Dark Souls feels more Final Fantasy than *** Final Fantasy does.

You could do that in all the games lol, have you replayed them recently?

Let me quote this since you obviously missed it.
The older games you could do the above at lower levels and some strategy and actually feel like you accomplished something. If you failed get some more levels and try again. Now its, mash X button, use potion, rinse repeat no matter what it seems.

Don't get me wrong 15 has a decent idea going with its battle system it just feels a little lacking somehow.

Hell 15 has compounded on that and you can kill lvl 50 mobs at lvl 10 with ease.

God forbid someone does a little critiquing on the 15th installment of a "beloved" franchise that just got off its feet from the massive misstep that was 13! and 14.. and 12 wasn't really That good.. Should I mention X-2?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 22:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's not like you can run through most FFs at sub-10 or 15 in level or anything
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 23:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/522595-final-fantasy/faqs/56760
https://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/563415-final-fantasy-iii/faqs/20990
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197337-final-fantasy-iv/faqs/28533
https://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588331-final-fantasy-v/faqs/30049
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/562865-final-fantasy-vi/faqs/13786
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/30367
https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197342-final-fantasy-viii/faqs/19814
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix/faqs/19867
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/35097
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/32298
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/31790
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-final-fantasy-xii/faqs/46465

There's a low level challenge/no stat boosts challenge for almost every numbered FF

It's not a new thing.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2016-12-06 23:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured that was what you were getting at. I also never said that there wasn't.

Since you don't read what I say I dunno why I bother quoting for you but just in case.
Beating the main story then going around cleaning up is never how I've played FF. I've always done it concurrently. Which adds to the "hardness" of the game.

Would explain why I dislike the newer FF games. All the emphasis is on the main story.

Shockingly we didn't have the internet when I was a child and those handy little guides didn't exist even if that were what I was talking about.

It's simple, they have been purposely dumbing down the games and being lazy since Square merged with Enix and 13 was the epitome of it and the fans finally called them out. It looks like they are heading the right direction with mediocre 15. With any luck 16 will be epic. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-07 00:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I linked those guides to show you guys that it's just as possible to beat the older games at a low level.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-07 01:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of us I think would prefer FF to go more the route of Dark Souls
Good thing SE isn't listening to this "lot of you" then! :D

One day maybe you'll explain me how Dark Souls 2 or 3 feel closer to, say, FF6 than FF15 does.
Grabbing some popcorn as I wait for your creative explanation :P
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-07 01:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah no ***, I played the games back then too. That doesn't mean they were more difficult. All old FF games are easy when it comes to the main story and knowing where to go, what to do. Pretty sure most people who post on AH were quite young when playing the old ones, we didn't need any guide because it was quite clear what you had to do.

They haven't dumbed down the combat at all, it's just different. The main story bosses have always been easy, that's why they add the challenging optional fights.

It's always been "press Attack to win" and throw in some potions or heals for main bosses as long as you didn't have absolutely garbage equipment.

In 15 you have extra accessory slots to make up for the lack of armor and at least you can change the look of the clothes for once, that wasn't a thing before (I'm not counting dress spheres). Yeah, they could have had more sets (would have been nice with some variation) but the fact that you can is a very nice step forward.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-07 02:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of us I think would prefer FF to go more the route of Dark Souls rather than so easy a 5 year old could do it in his sleep. Dark Souls feels more Final Fantasy than *** Final Fantasy does.
This is bs and makes no *** sense. There is nothing in DS that you could remotely link to FF, let alone the fact that it seems you have no idea what FF are about.

FF were never hard.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-07 02:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201612070039/

Quote:
The link is Japanese, but when put through Google Translate:

Short-term target:

First, we will further increase the satisfaction level of Chapter 13's gameplay. For that reason, we are already undertaking many enhancements, such as greatly increasing the power of ring magic. We will inform you of details of strengthening content and time of offering at a later date again.

Medium-term target:

Strengthen the production in the second half of the game, further enhancing the satisfaction of the story experience. For example, we are planning to add an event scene where "Ravens character traced that fate" was drawn. To add event scenes, voice response and localization work to all languages ​​will occur, so we will work firmly as a medium-term goal. Details of the plan will be announced once it is decided.

Long term goal:

We will make it possible to use important characters that appeared in the main game as playable characters. We will also consider adding an avatar system to create original characters and play games.

In addition to this, we will continue to actively update various players so that we can enjoy FFXV for a long time.

I will try to play in the new game while taking over the status at the time of clearing. Low level clear, unbeatable suit etc. We offer various items which broaden the range of play.

We offer content to enjoy games live, such as boss fight with remuneration and achievements, limited time mob hunt and so on.

For the already announced DLC, delivery is planned as originally planned.

FFXV Holiday Pack

FFXV Booster pack

FFXV episode Gradiolus

FFXV episode Ignis

FFXV episode Prompto

FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Comrades

Staff, to everyone of the players around the world, that to enjoy more and more FFXV wants. Thank you for your continued support of FFXV and FF series in the future.

TLDR

To improve the experience of chapter 13, they're going to be buffing the ring magic.

Planning on adding more scenes on Ravus showing how he appears, where he is in the story during chapter 13.

It is also mentioned that voice work and localization will take a bit.

Plans to add more playable characters you see in the game. Mentions a possible 'Avatar' system they might go for for players to experience for new game playthroughs.

Limited time events are in the works, including mob hunts and re-battling bosses.

Settings to make the game's text larger and easier to read will be added.

Provide items such as low level clear, invincible suit and etc to improve contents.

Basically they're enhancing several of the weaker aspects of the game for free and then releasing paid for DLC.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 54 55 56