By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-12-05 11:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Tiers are:
Potency 1-99 = NQ
Potency 100-199 = -ra
Potency 200+ = -aga
Heal effects apply to max HP also, just like an elixir.
How do the "multi" cast thing works?
I've had tricast, quadcast, quintcast etc, but they all look the same and a single cast of a spell, not multiple.
Am I getting something wrong?

Not sure, I tried a couple of those too and got similar results so just stuck to max potency with a heal, or stop effect for tougher enemies.

I just redone that hunt (it was 72 not 78) a few times and got a summon on the last one. I'm 71 now and the damage % was pretty much the same as it was at 51.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-05 11:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Sometimes you get extra spells that go off, so you might have a blizzaga and then a firaga and thundaga after, up to 5 times total.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-12-06 01:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, stuck on the last stretch of Chapter 3: The Way of Gods and Kings.

The quest isn't updating or advancing no matter what I do.

And I have the Day 1 Edition, and have the current update patch as well.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 04:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been doing some of the stuff after you beat the game
By eliroo 2016-12-06 07:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »

I'm stuck on Chapter 3 because the game keeps giving me sidequests.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-06 14:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

man... Prompto's photography skills are insanely good at capped rank.

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-06 14:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

Don't worry, you'll be able to do story again after 43 hours of hunts and sidequests.
By Bloodrose 2016-12-06 15:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
eliroo said: »

Don't worry, you'll be able to do story again after 43 hours of hunts and sidequests.
Already on 52 hours.
By crimsondragon 2016-12-06 15:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven really seen any hate going around for this game yet. Lot of people on the fence but not the extremes from the past few games.
By Viciouss 2016-12-06 15:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like losing control after Altissia. You get locked into the story, can't go anywhere else or do anything other than the story, and the quality of the content takes a dive. The game has a good ending and you can go back to free roaming afterwards, but I can definitely see why the reviews are handing out 8's instead of 9's.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-12-06 15:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It randomly casts one of the 3 spells
By crimsondragon 2016-12-06 16:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I don't like losing control after Altissia. You get locked into the story, can't go anywhere else or do anything other than the story, and the quality of the content takes a dive. The game has a good ending and you can go back to free roaming afterwards, but I can definitely see why the reviews are handing out 8's instead of 9's.

At the very least it looks like SE might finally be realizing that listening to their fans is a bigger pro for them. Maybe now they can focus on improving on this game model and give us a 10/10 for FF16 in 10 years... The sliver of hope for another great FF game has now grown into a ray.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 18:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you can. You can call Umbra from any caravan/hotel like resting spot and go back to do sidequest stuff, revisit any area
By Viciouss 2016-12-06 18:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't really matter, the content after Altissia is bad.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-06 18:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm being honest, the game has hundreds of problems with it, ignoring the fact that it's a "Final Fantasy" game and focusing on just pure gameplay and technical issues.

My biggest gripe, for such a huge "world", it sure does feel small. I mean, compared to NES / SNES worlds, and the part we see in XV, it feels like we're just on the starting continent you start on in one of those games. YES, I know, you can walk the length of those in 5-50 seconds, but I just feel we are missing so much of the world in XV, and that flying isn't going to fix this issue since I'm pretty sure we'll only be allowed to land on roads anyways, since it's a freaking car.

Maybe that has something to do with the massive land we see, but the the part we can actually walk on is much much less, almost like it's a lie.

also, fking wish invisible walls were banned and/or used only in the most unfixable situation.

Why the hell can I not jump over a fence? A fence, mind you, that is only 10 feet long and I can walk around to the other side of it, but I can't jump over it.

Where is the freaking freedom? Invisible walls, when misused, ruin games for me. Here I am, 60 hours into the game, and I'm still playing it, but I'm hating everything wrong I see with it, and I see a lot. I'm not sure what makes this game different than other games I drop after a day or so of playing them.

I'm such a picky person when it comes to how I feel something should be. Especially when it comes to FF games with the freaking FF name, and a main # addition to the franchise.

I enjoy playing it, but it doesn't feel like a FF game to me. My own opinions and views are ruining my experience for me, kinda sucks, but still I'm enjoying it enough to still be playing after 60 hours.

oh well, negativity /off
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-06 18:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to wait until I am completely done with all the content, but this game is certainly not the best FF of all time, not even close. Its middle of the pack..maybe. Possibly lower third trying to scrape towards being in the middle of the pack. The combat and (can't believe it) main cast saves it from being a complete disaster.

Edit - and the ending is good.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-06 19:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would personally say high lower third compared to all FF games, maybe high lower half, but I'm only on chapter 8. I'm sure more problems are to come though.

I just feel they don't take FF games seriously anymore and just use the name, if the past 10 years show anything.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-12-06 19:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The good news is, and I am genuinely happy about this, is the game is selling well. It should blow by its sales goal of 10m copies, which is a great success that SE desperately needed. I'm optimistic about the VII remake and KH3, as well as the Zodiac Age remaster. Hopefully, SE can go back to business as usual now that this development cycle is over.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-06 19:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed! very good news

also, Reddit is loving the game with high praise, so people are enjoying the game at least.
By Viciouss 2016-12-06 19:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was loving the game too, until Altissia. I went there in hopes of picking up some gear/hunts/quests and *very minor spoiler*

Its a big empty city, I went back after beating the game and other than two fishing spots, there is nothing to do. The *only* reason to go there is a 3x XP hotel. And after Altissia story-wise, none of those areas appear to be revisitable (not that they are worth revisiting).
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 19:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
I just feel they don't take FF games seriously anymore and just use the name, if the past 10 years show anything.

I don't feel this is true at all with the numbered series, they've just tried things that a lot of people weren't happy with in recent years.

The market is pretty different now and if they want to sell enough copies to make up for the crazy high costs of developing a modern game they have to try new things or appeal to other people.

Then there's the stupid redeveloping of the whole damn game when the PS4 was unveiled lol

Maybe for the next one they'll stick to one console generation and make it work

Can likely fit more story (and areas) in instead of making it DLC then as well
By crimsondragon 2016-12-06 19:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess making a playable Final Fantasy game after the massive 10yr turdfest is a turn in the right direction is all I am saying.

Yeah, it has problems and it certainly isn't the best. Let's hope SE can continue to learn from its shitty mistakes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 19:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For me at least the combat makes up for some of the shortcomings of the story (just like 12), it's just so damn fun to play for me
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-06 19:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

XV isn't my favorite FF, but it's in my top 5. Massive step up from XIII imo.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2016-12-06 19:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For me at least the combat makes up for some of the shortcomings of the story (just like 12), it's just so damn fun to play for me

It is fun, but feels unfinished. Much like the entire game. All SE needs to do is add what they have already accomplished so well use what Square accomplished so well.

Give us an overwhelming amount of armor, weapons, accessories. Give us a lot of different types of players to choose to play with. Stop making it so if the "leader" dies the game ends. It is a stupid gimmick to begin with.

I'm not far enough to see if these characters ever get to actually wear armor but at this point I doubt it. Its 2016 FFS, let me built a customized main character, hell let me build the entire party when I met them!

The market is pretty different now and if they want to sell enough copies to make up for the crazy high costs of developing a modern game they have to try new things or appeal to other people.

Unacceptable. Make ***games don't expect the people that got you to the point of making them to continue the effort. Dark souls is hard and brutal and people are crazy about it. That is what made FF great to begin with.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 20:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

crimsondragon said: »
accessories

Yeah there's a TON of accessories in the game, especially post-game

Many of them being special items

New weapons too
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-06 20:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

60 hours into the game, chapter 8, and still no new outfit.

You probably get one new outfit for beating the story or something lame like that.

Really bad design when it comes to armor. Really lazy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 20:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

crimsondragon said: »
That is what made FF great to begin with.

Since when were FF games hard in the main story? I really can't think of one boss fight that was difficult during the main story

You can beat a lot of the games at very low level too
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-06 20:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair with drac's point, if anything was difficult, truly difficult, it was at trick and you were meant to fail.

Other than that, usually each boss took one try, and almost never more than two.

but FF games never were about difficulty in the main story, and saved those moments for special bosses outside, which I much prefer. Makes it more exciting that way, that you're willingly doing it and trying to defeat it but you don't have to.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-06 20:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There's that kind of content in 15 too, which I'm working on doing now
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 54 55 56