Game: FFXI
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-04-15 13:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Shiva.Arana said: »
Cerberus.Meatster said: »
Candles just trolling. Look at his gear on his page no way hes calling people lazy rockin that stuff.
Ever stop to think there's people out there that have historically shitty luck with lotting on drops or what comes out of VW chests? Eeyeah, didn't think so. Meanwhile Arana, have fun taking nine words completely out of context.
Whoa slow your roll there bud. I didn't attack you; I simply asked for clarification.
So where I mentioned time management after those nine words is something you can't understand? If his job or whatever else is going on leaves the guy a day to himself, he could potentially use that day effectively to crank out a couple nice weapons, although granted progress would be slow at first due to camping weather or NMs.
You sound like a colossal ***. I'm not surprised at all you can't find a group that works with your schedule to get better gear.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Felonius
Server: Phoenix
user: felonius
By Phoenix.Felonius 2013-04-15 21:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately no, he never has a day to himself. He has a family and a job and hobbies that take his time on weekends. So from a standpoint of time management, those things come first. It leaves him with 1 night a week (9pm-12am) that is scheduled with our group, and occasionally he has time after 10pm, but he has to be up at 7am so it's choose gaming or sleep, so I understand him choosing sleep.

Thanks again to everyone that shared their opinion/ideas.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-15 22:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
That's why I low-manned everything. I want this, so let's go kill it, and you want that, so let's go kill that next. Worked well.
Indeed it does. Hence I've been lowmanning Sam gear NMs since completing Masamune lv.85 trial, which pretty much took me off being the LS's "perma-thief".

so you are outlotted on you lowman events? you just sems to fall over you own legs trying to come up with bad excusess for.

nevertheless you where beeing a true #sshole trying to come off cool by belittling others, and you just don't have what it takes to back that up.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Server: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-15 22:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
That's why I low-manned everything. I want this, so let's go kill it, and you want that, so let's go kill that next. Worked well.
Indeed it does. Hence I've been lowmanning Sam gear NMs since completing Masamune lv.85 trial, which pretty much took me off being the LS's "perma-thief".

so you are outlotted on you lowman events? you just sems to fall over you own legs trying to come up with bad excusess for.

nevertheless you where beeing a true #sshole trying to come off cool by belittling others, and you just don't have what it takes to back that up.
The problem is not that someone else is outlotting him, it's that he's being outlotted by his own mule.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-04-15 22:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

you got taken off of perma-thf for THAT sam?!
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2013-04-15 23:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Excuse me, just sitting here munching popcorn. Please continue!
 Asura.Aineko
Server: Asura
user: Aineko
By Asura.Aineko 2013-04-15 23:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're mostly doing Abyssea, Dies Irae will be fine. For meebles, you might need to use sushi with it on the boss runs, but otherwise it should work.

If gil is tight, you can try for a Widowmaker in the meantime. Only mentioning this because of the limited playtime issue, as it has long been surpassed by other gear.

Honestly, if you can talk him into doing Adoulin, Colonization Reive is easy to get into, and you can get some pretty decent gear out of that rather quickly. Even if you only play 3 hrs a week, that should be enough to pick up a piece of gear each time.
 Fenrir.Sigfreid
user: Sigfreid
By Fenrir.Sigfreid 2013-04-15 23:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Maybe his thf was just that bad...
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-04-15 23:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Does your friend have gil? If yes, he can get anything he wants just by offering gil.

If not, I'd get a craftable weapon off the AH. You can always sell it later.

For adoulin content, he can just trade in items for balyd. Items are sold on AH.

In all honesty, his war won't get far with end-game content. He'll be competing against other DD's with better gear. He's best off lvling off WHM and being used as a power healer and collecting items while he isn't playing.
By huituii 2013-04-15 23:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think he is very worried about current end-game content considering his limited play time as has been mentioned. Why would he worry about having something suitable for VW, NNI, or w/e when he probably does Abyssea and soon Meebles for 99% of his 3 hours a week?
By macsdf1 2013-04-15 23:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get 2 axes off the ah, and get ruinator.
[+]
By Massakre 2013-04-16 21:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

1) So ashamed to share the same server as Candlejack.

2) Ruinator may work well for his warrior, on my BST i average 3.5k with ruinator and BST does'nt have the goods that war can get. Always fun to pick a dual-wield option for off hand too
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-04-16 22:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Massakre said: »
1) So ashamed to share the same server as Candlejack.

2) Ruinator may work well for his warrior, on my BST i average 3.5k with ruinator and BST does'nt have the goods that war can get. Always fun to pick a dual-wield option for off hand too

No, you don't.
[+]
Server: Odin
user: Turtles
By Odin.Screamingbabies 2013-04-16 23:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
For adoulin content, he can just trade in items for balyd. Items are sold on AH.
go on...
[+]
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-04-16 23:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

don't mind me just chillin' enjoying the hate on candlegimp
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-04-16 23:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Screamingbabies said: »
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
go on...
You can buy gil too, better?
 Phoenix.Rhealana
user: Rhealana
By Phoenix.Rhealana 2013-04-17 00:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That was my reaction too, without even looking at his gear (which he's hidden now in AH profile.) Before calling someone whiney and lazy, look to yourself first.

Anyways, back on topic, my two cents: Dies Irae within Abyssea will suffice, and since that's the majority of the content you said he'd be doing, even better. Outside of Abyssea however, and with the fact that the latest update has made 1H weapons viable again, he should go with dual-wielding axes and using Ruinator. Good 1H axes are easy to obtain, from Gibbous Axe, Coalition Axe or heck, even Breidox/+1.

Someone else's suggestion about leveling WHM holds true however. It is an extremely easy job to gear up, it's always needed, and if he's trusting with his character, you as RL friends could help him collect gear he normally wouldn't be able to himself during the rest of the week he can't play. Plus you guys would benefit by having a pocket healer available.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-17 00:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rhealana said: »

That was my reaction too, without even looking at his gear (which he's hidden now in AH profile.) Before calling someone whiney and lazy, look to yourself first.

its was not to hide his gear but to hide his /rng to get namas to work.

I know someone who has a Yoichi and we got to talking about Namas two weeks back. I had asked if she could use Namas with Yoichi on and without Rng subbed. She popped hers on and Namas didn't appear in her WS list until after she had run into her MH and changed subs from War to Rng. Whereas Apex Arrow showed up regardless of subjob purely because it's a merit WS.

So, yeah... would you really want to bring any subjob other than War, Nin or Dnc to anything important as a Sam? Rng gives nothing for your main sources of damage most of the time, being GK with polearm coming in a close second. War at least gives Berserk, Agressor and Warcry. Nin gives access to the Utsusemi line of spells along with Tonko and Monomi. Dnc brings Spectral jig, drain/haste sambas and waltzes to the table.
So, unless for some reason you find yourself subbing Rng alot, I wouldn't waste the time with making a Yoichi unless you also do alot of events as Rng, but would rather sink some merits instead into Apex which you'd get regardless of subjob.
[+]
 Asura.Thannatos
Server: Asura
user: Thannatos
By Asura.Thannatos 2013-04-17 00:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That ***is funny.
 Phoenix.Rhealana
user: Rhealana
By Phoenix.Rhealana 2013-04-17 12:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently having Lv.85 Masamune makes you both able to give sound advice to relic wielders as well as make fun of casual players.

I'm doing it wrong.
 Phoenix.Damnit
user: bignig
By Phoenix.Damnit 2013-04-17 13:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You are doing it soo wrong Rhea......
once you full time Pearle with your relic then you can talk..
And always...ALWAYS TP in STR rings right?
 Phoenix.Damnit
By Phoenix.Damnit 2013-04-17 13:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

But in all honesty, its not hard to be taken off perma-thf with a 85 Masa SAM. I think that beats a thf with just af2 gloves af3 boots and a thief's knife....
 Phoenix.Lxion
user: Lxion
By Phoenix.Lxion 2013-04-17 16:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm real sad I couldn't be involved in this :(
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-04-17 17:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Damnit said: »
But in all honesty, its not hard to be taken off perma-thf with a 85 Masa SAM. I think that beats a thf with just af2 gloves af3 boots and a thief's knife....
Actually, in most cases it doesn't. Especially when you consider his other gear and how common well geared DDs are.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2013-04-17 17:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well now that the topic is completely derailed

thf with just af2 gloves af3 boots and a thief's knife

Does anyone have any proof he has either the gloves or the boots +2'd anyway?

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
well geared DDs

This is a standard that seems light years beyond his SAM
[+]
 Phoenix.Damnit
By Phoenix.Damnit 2013-04-17 17:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Actually, in most cases it doesn't. Especially when you consider his other gear and how common well geared DDs are.
True, you can still get a slot in events with AF+2 hands AF3+2 feet, and a thfs knife, what where they thinking replacing that with a gimp *** sam.
Im with you drama, Well geared DD's are quite common nowadays, then sadly you get jackasses like this one who thinks 85 Masa is some hot ***and makes him a contender....
 Phoenix.Damnit
By Phoenix.Damnit 2013-04-17 17:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL ayr, no he probably cant afford a thfs knife, and is way to lazy "By the looks of his other gear" to farm it and worry about seals and af2 from dyna
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-04-17 17:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-17 17:44:48