What weapon for player with low play time
 Phoenix.Damnit
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: bignig
By Phoenix.Damnit 2013-04-17 17:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
but but but... i love beating dead horses........
 Cerberus.Meatster
Server: Cerberus
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2013-04-17 17:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Really wish I saw this guyes SAM :<

ItemSet 297249

Out of memory. Other slots can probably be filled in with hoard/kemas/atheling.
By Taeketsu 2013-04-17 17:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Shiva.Arana said: »
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Cerberus.Meatster said: »
Candles just trolling. Look at his gear on his page no way hes calling people lazy rockin that stuff.
Ever stop to think there's people out there that have historically shitty luck with lotting on drops or what comes out of VW chests? Eeyeah, didn't think so. Meanwhile Arana, have fun taking nine words completely out of context.
Whoa slow your roll there bud. I didn't attack you; I simply asked for clarification.
So where I mentioned time management after those nine words is something you can't understand? If his job or whatever else is going on leaves the guy a day to himself, he could potentially use that day effectively to crank out a couple nice weapons, although granted progress would be slow at first due to camping weather or NMs.

You know, I really hate when people do this. What makes you think if someone DOES get much needed free time, that they're gonna spend it playing FFXI? Believe it or not, people play for different reasons. OP asked people for advice about gear that a very casual player can obtain. He didn't ask for time management skills.
 Phoenix.Damnit
Server: Phoenix
user: bignig
By Phoenix.Damnit 2013-04-17 18:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont play Warrior that often, but If i was only playing a couple hours a week, run out and grab a widowmaker, its free and pretty quick to get, even if you dont have the people, just run out there and brew it, then in free time, research and upgrade from there. Its not the best weapon by far, but its a good starting point IMO. Hell if im free ill come out and help with it, I think i actually have a pop for him, Shoot me a message in game
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-04-17 18:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 297249

Item set name gave me a little chuckle.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-17 18:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 297249

I expected worse!
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-17 18:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The back was Misuuchi Kappa. I think ring2 was hoard and ear2 was Unkai.
By Sylfeya 2013-04-17 19:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If he doesn't mind leaving his system running, he can make some progress on Ukon by logging in before he has to go to work (or sleep), join party with friends, and AFK in the area where his NM pops. Friend kills NM... as long as he's within xp range, he gets credit. He comes back from work (or wakes up), runs to Jeuno, turns in trial, starts next. Play Meebles or w/e for some hours, then AFK in the area for the next NM once RL calls. Repeat.

Admittedly, you have to have some nice friends willing to basically hold your hand and do the camping for you for that, but I've done it for some friends before, and if you're willing to post here for help for your friend, you might be willing to do something along those lines. It's even theoretically possible to get him his VNMs in this way too, but I would recommend having him actually participate on that one (remember, you can CFH to prevent your abyssite from changing whenever you accidentally pop the wrong NM!), as you can make a little game of it hopping from zone to zone and you can knock them all out in one session.

As long as he's got all his weapons skilled up enough to handle red procs and Fell Cleave, he'll be invaluable in Abyssea for farming KI pop sets... so Ukon really isn't all *that* far out of reach, even for a casual player like him. Would generally recommend grabbing an GAxe off AH in the meantime (gotta have something to Fell Cleave with, after all).

(Btw, I had to laugh a little at the name "Itzabigbug". Honestly never heard that one before)